Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Service dog sign to surely rustle some jimmies.

My hats off to whatever store posted this. As usual, the truth is probably going to rile a lot of people up.

Wait, so I can't pretend I'm blind and bring my roommate's dog with me to the grocery store any more?

I AM SO RILED! /sarcasm.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    The intent may be legitimate, but this walks face first into the debate about what a service animal is.

For example: https://www.ada.gov/archive/qasrvc.htm

Where it gets somewhat convoluted is when it comes to service and/or support animals.

http://www.servicedogcentral.org/content/node/76
    https://www.animallaw.info/article/f...upport-animals

The sentence on that sign that may run into trouble is "A true service animal does not need to be in a shopping cart". In the days that service animals were mainly seeing eye dogs, that may have been true. Now that there is a much wider range to both animal type and what they do, it may be less clear.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Wait, so I can't pretend I'm blind and bring my roommate's dog with me to the grocery store any more?

I AM SO RILED! /sarcasm.
    Different types of service dogs. Blind,Disabled,Mental "anxiety depression etc"

They are talking about the ones that people say are service dogs just so they dont have to return home with fido before entering
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Good. Fuck people who bring their pet into the grocery store/convenience store/restaurant/anywhere that serves food. I don't want fucking pet dander and fur on my food. It's against health code in my state anyway.

issues is solved if the person has to have a card verifying that his/her animal is indeed a service dog which they can then show to the person in charge at the place they are going to. You need that blue sticker to park in a disabled parking spot why not have something similar for a service animal
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    Good. Fuck people.
    Fixed that for you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnclosedOne View Post
    issues is solved if the person has to have a card verifying that his/her animal is indeed a service dog which they can then show to the person in charge at the place they are going to. You need that blue sticker to park in a disabled parking spot why not have something similar for a service animal
    Funny part is they actually do need proof but it is illegal to ask to see it.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

10+ Year Old Account
    My jimmies are not rustled.

Deleted
    Reminds me of that time someone claimed a pig was a service animal so it could fly on the plane and it ended up shitting everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    Funny part is they actually do need proof but it is illegal to ask to see it.
    then there is the problem and it needs to be changed, makes no sense to me why it would be illegal to ask in the first place though. Once again, self centered assholes ruining it for the people who actually do need service animals -_-
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    Reminds me of that time someone claimed a pig was a service animal so it could fly on the plane and it ended up shitting everywhere.
    Maybe it was a food delivery service.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    The sentence on that sign that may run into trouble is "A true service animal does not need to be in a shopping cart". In the days that service animals were mainly seeing eye dogs, that may have been true. Now that there is a much wider range to both animal type and what they do, it may be less clear.
    Yeah. Seizure alert animals seem to becoming popular. A guy at my college had a little toy breed that was trained to alert him if he was about to have a seizure so he could get somewhere safe.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

15+ Year Old Account
    I had it happen where I work a year or two, apparently someone's dog sit on our carpet. We were having none of that shit.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    My jimmies are not rustled.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ygr5AHufBN4

Do not rustle your jimmies

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ygr5AHufBN4

Do not rustle your jimmies
    Reminded me of Harambe even though I know that image was around first... now my jimmies are rustled.

What, are dogs allowed in stores over there?

Someone with a dog would get tossed out immediately here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra
    People with dogs are not. People who have a disability that requires them to have a service animal are, and that animal goes with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark
    Yeah. Seizure alert animals seem to becoming popular. A guy at my college had a little toy breed that was trained to alert him if he was about to have a seizure so he could get somewhere safe.
    The service dog link that I posted earlier has some interesting information on Psychiatric Service Dogs (PSD). Here's a link to the specific page discussing them: http://www.servicedogcentral.org/content/node/77
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    People with dogs are not. People who have a disability that requires them to have a service animal are, and that animal goes with them.
    Never once seen an animal in a store. People with disabilities get an actual human attendant for that. And if for whatever reason they don't have one, then one of store staff will assist. I assisted one disabled person when I worked some weeks in a store as training.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post

Someone with a dog would get tossed out immediately here.
    Not if it was a legit service animal, you -can't- throw them out without a lawsuit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Never once seen an animal in a store. People with disabilities get an actual human attendant for that. And if for whatever reason they don't have one, then one of store staff will assist. I assisted one disabled person when I worked some weeks in a store as training.
    There's a bunch of things a disabled person wouldn't "get a human attendant" for.