Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mikkis2k View Post
    i also got that today :S i think its the game, because it hasn't been like that since i got it and i havn't changed anything since then. I got 1070 aswell.
    Have your game fixed? I'm still having problems

Quote Originally Posted by Pocok View Post
    Have your game fixed? I'm still having problems
    i went back to win 7 and it fixed the loading screen flicker :P

B. Make sure your Case has proper ventilation.
    This. I'd be curious to see the interior of your case more than the settings at this point. Even the worst 1070 shouldn't be spinning up the fan too badly on only 8. I'm running a Radeon 280x and I run it at 8 with minimal fan noise. The only reason a 1070 should be doing that is if the fan is being heated by poor circulation. What size case are you running and how's your fan situation?

ok guys I finally built my pc and need some help with trouble shooting, first of all the specs are 6600k, z170-A mobo, evga 1070sc, 16gb ddr4. I feel like wow is definitely running like shit, maybe not so much on day 1, but this is the 2nd day and im having a couple of problems. Ill try my best to explain as well as i can but Im not really familiar with alot of the terminology.
    so since I cant yet post pictures/links ill tell you the numbers the osd showed when it was being consistent at about 60-70 fps on settings 8.
    GPU clock : 1860 MHz
    Memory clock: 4007 MHz
    GPU temp: 70 c
    memory usage:1759 MB
    Fan speed: 26%
    Framrate: 64 fps
    And also there has been very frequent game freezing/stuttering causing fps to drop to the 20s.

Im also starting to hear this weird sound coming from the graphic card that immediately goes away when I tab out of the game and straight back to it when I tab back. Not really sure if thats what coil whine is, but before looking up coil whine I would have described the sound as very quite static.

Help please <3

IM not seeing many of these issues either

Quote Originally Posted by ahmooosh View Post

Im also starting to hear this weird sound coming from the graphic card that immediately goes away when I tab out of the game and straight back to it when I tab back. Not really sure if thats what coil whine is, but before looking up coil whine I would have described the sound as very quite static.
    If your freezes are only after log in for a few seconds or a minute its the application of hotfixes, was posted couple days ago.

Yes, thats coil whine, set Max FPS to a smaller number or turn V-Sync on and it will go away.
    Last edited by potis; 2016-08-24 at 06:56 AM.

Hi,

I recently bought a new Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming videocard (with existing i7 6700k,EVGA 650W PSU and 16 GB G.SKILL 3000Mhz ) and I found that during ingame it's quite LOUD which is annoying. (and hot compared to other reviews ,games)

As you can see ,I set the Graphics Quality to 8 ,nothing was changed beside that. I have a FULL HD monitor with 60Hz refresh rate ,using the basics settings of the VGA. (yet the game runs only at 50 O.o,any idea?).

I also have the latest drivers,Windows 10 64 Bit Pro version and so on. Any suggestion ,is it normal or did I do something wrong?
    First disable SSAO its just a waste in a game like WoW all it does is all that much more work for your GPU, second in the advanced tab check the max foreground FPS box and set the slider to 60 - 65 range. this will help as it will prevent the card from going full tilt just to push extra frames. lastly check the fan curve. it seems to be set to a very aggressive profile.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ahmooosh View Post
    ok guys I finally built my pc and need some help with trouble shooting, first of all the specs are 6600k, z170-A mobo, evga 1070sc, 16gb ddr4. I feel like wow is definitely running like shit, maybe not so much on day 1, but this is the 2nd day and im having a couple of problems. Ill try my best to explain as well as i can but Im not really familiar with alot of the terminology.
    so since I cant yet post pictures/links ill tell you the numbers the osd showed when it was being consistent at about 60-70 fps on settings 8.
    GPU clock : 1860 MHz
    Memory clock: 4007 MHz
    GPU temp: 70 c
    memory usage:1759 MB
    Fan speed: 26%
    Framrate: 64 fps
    And also there has been very frequent game freezing/stuttering causing fps to drop to the 20s.

Help please <3
    if the stuttering goes away shortly after login just ignore it, its an issue on Blizzards end that they are working on, other wise try reinstalling the GPU drivers if that does not work try deleting WoW's Cache and WTF file. lastly if that does not work try reinstalling wow. then tell me how it goes after you try these steps.

Noise: this is most likly coil whine refer to the reply above about limiting FPS in game.
    PC: CPU - i7-4790K, MoBo - MSI Z97 gaming 5, Memory - 16G Corsair vengeance LPX DDR3, GPU - EVGA 970 FTW edition, Storage- 1x Sandisk X400 M.2 512GB, 1X WD blue 1TB HDD, 1x WD green 1TB HDD, PSU - EVGA 550W 80+ bronze.

alright, so lastnight my computer just kept crashing and what not when trying to fix it, downloaded so many drivers and crap that it was too confusing to trouble shoot anymore, so instead i just restored the pc and deleted everything. downloaded the drivers and wow runs like alotbetter! but the fps occasionally still dips down. The stuttering was frequent and persistent before the fix and now its just the first min of logging in.
    also with regards to the coil whine, enabling vsync and limiting fps to 60 didn't really help as its still audible.

Quote Originally Posted by Raia View Post
    Get new monitor.... lool 144hz with 1ms change your life... And you running game with SSD?

I have 980ti/6600k/ssd/16gb 3200mhz with a goos monitor 144hz i easly hit 200fps constant

- - - Updated - - -

Ahh and put it in "Fullscreen"
    obviously lie.. and 144hz and 1 ms wont change anything.. mainly only for FPS in RPG and mmorpg it normally never shows.. plus in A mmorpg u never get over 100+ fps in cities, big battles and major zones your fps is below 100

Quote Originally Posted by simonlvschal View Post
    obviously lie.. and 144hz and 1 ms wont change anything.. mainly only for FPS in RPG and mmorpg it normally never shows.. plus in A mmorpg u never get over 100+ fps in cities, big battles and major zones your fps is below 100
    not true, only if there are a lot of people there or action going on, was in org earlier today on my dead-ish server, had a smooth 144 fps on 1440p with for my server quite some people around.

7+ Year Old Account
    or did I do something wrong?
    -Botnet 10
    -6700k Memelake for "gaymen"
    -Gigabyte GPU
    Orc Warrior/Undead Priest/Undead Ruuge/???

Not linking my armory because i like to be anonymuuse, although if you need me you can normally find me here. Krieger !W79kXUqA/6

How does v-sync fix coil whine? Doesn't limiting fps to 60 have the same affect?

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    How does v-sync fix coil whine? Doesn't limiting fps to 60 have the same affect?

Limiting the fps is not exactly the same as vsync.
    Just limiting will still give you tearing, because it is not totally in sync with your gpu.

See I don't get this.
    People in this thread are saying they're running stable 60-100 FPS with 1070 everywhere, and yet my 1080 drops to around 45-50 in cities and crowded areas. (running 6600k at 4.4 ghz) and thats with view distance on 7 and MSAA 8x and render scale 100%. view distance 10 gives me drops to 40 on several maps that arent even crowded
    Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Svens View Post
    See I don't get this.
    People in this thread are saying they're running stable 60-100 FPS with 1070 everywhere, and yet my 1080 drops to around 45-50 in cities and crowded areas. (running 6600k at 4.4 ghz) and thats with view distance on 7 and MSAA 8x and render scale 100%. view distance 10 gives me drops to 40 on several maps that arent even crowded
    Any ideas?
    They either have settings turned down they are not telling you about or they are flat out lying. If they claim differently, demand video proof, because it would be a world first.

Or maybe some people are not fussed about a 1-2 sec drop to something a tad less, or they don't even notice, if you are looking at your fps in raids you are doing it wrong, and not all main cities on all realms are crowded as hell 3/4th of the servers are nearly dead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    They either have settings turned down they are not telling you about or they are flat out lying. If they claim differently, demand video proof, because it would be a world first.
    I'm running settings at 10 with 8xMSAA, MFAA enabled via Nvidia Control Panel, and 140% render scale. While I won't claim 100% of the time at 60+ fps (only an idiot would), I will claim 95% of the time at 60+ fps in open world, cities, and raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    I'm running settings at 10 with 8xMSAA, MFAA enabled via Nvidia Control Panel, and 140% render scale. While I won't claim 100% of the time at 60+ fps (only an idiot would), I will claim 95% of the time at 60+ fps in open world, cities, and raids.
    95% of the time I'll agree is likely possible. However, bloodlust on a particle heavy boss encounter in a raid? I can almost guarantee you drop below 60.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    95% of the time I'll agree is likely possible. However, bloodlust on a particle heavy boss encounter in a raid? I can almost guarantee you drop below 60.
    When I parsed frame rates with Fraps, I averaged 94.544fps with a low of 48fps and a high of 163fps. My total time spent under 60fps was 94 seconds out of a short parse of 2874 seconds (47.9 minutes). Grand total, I spent:

• 5 seconds at 48fps
    • 5 seconds at 49fps
    • 2 seconds at 50fps
    • 3 seconds at 51fps
    • 7 seconds at 52fps
    • 5 seconds at 53fps
    • 6 seconds at 54fps
    • 6 seconds at 55fps
    • 6 seconds at 56fps
    • 12 seconds at 57fps
    • 17 seconds at 58fps
    • 20 seconds at 59fps

So that's 96.7% of the time over 60fps, 98.9% of the time over 55fps, and 99.7% of the time over 50fps. It's not that crazy to maintain higher frame rate now. I might be able to maintain 100% if I drop the render scale, though I'm not sure, since it depends on what is the reason behind the minor drops.

15+ Year Old Account
    You guys complaining about temperature? 65-75C on air is not high. It's actually low. My two 980Ti's go to 60C and that is with some of the best water cooling available.
    You're playing on 1080p and have a 1070 and set details to 8... come on. Bump those details to 10, otherwise sell that 1070 and get something with passive cooling.
    Like a GTX 210. /sarcasm.