How to start collecting pets/toys/mounts?

Ok its probably silly question but now I have only 94 mounts, 147 pets and 70 toys. I wanted collect more for the achievements/rewards but Im not sure how to start. When I open journal Im overwhelmed by how many Im missing and how many different locations they are that I simply just close the journal and move on.

So how did you start? Picked random mount/pet/toy and just go to the location from description/wowhead info? Or there is some better and more efficient way?

pick one and go get it, repeat until satisfied.

I started collecting toys/mounts/pets/achievements in MoP, even though I've been playing since Vanilla. I had like 50 mounts, a couple of toys and under 9k achievements.

Start with the easy ones that you can do on your own and don't get overwhelmed. Just focus on the ones you are doing, not the ones that are left. Eventually you will catch up.

EDIT - Some guidelines:

For mounts pick 3 or 4 week lockout mounts and start doing them with 1 char. Also check the vendor/reputation ones
    For pets start with the battle pets (the ones you can only collect by fighting)
    For toys... just make a small list with the easy ones looking them up in Wowhead and start grinding them. You don't want to get stuck with a hard one at the start
    Last edited by ReVnX; 2016-08-14 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Ok its probably silly question but now I have only 94 mounts, 147 pets and 70 toys. I wanted collect more for the achievements/rewards but Im not sure how to start. When I open journal Im overwhelmed by how many Im missing and how many different locations they are that I simply just close the journal and move on.

So how did you start? Picked random mount/pet/toy and just go to the location from description/wowhead info? Or there is some better and more efficient way?
    A really easy way to start with this, in my opinion, is to have the sources laid out for you.

Simplearmory (click me!) is pretty much all I use for this. It's one of my homepage buttons on chrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanct View Post
    A really easy way to start with this, in my opinion, is to have the sources laid out for you.

Simplearmory (click me!) is pretty much all I use for this. It's one of my homepage buttons on chrome.
    I wish I'd known that web. LOL that's so helpful

Deleted
    This has always been an issue for me aswell, but I just pick something I 100% want (like Invincible) and I make sure that I atleast do ICC25hc every week. It's a grind, but just pick w/e you would like the most and keep at it. Sometime it will drop, then you move on to the next. For me it's the Vortex Pinnacle dragon and shoulders from Tortos heroic atm.

Deleted
    It's definitely harder to start now than in Vanilla. Back then everything went into your bag/bank so people really only ever had 1 pet/mount that they liked to have with them. It wasn't until a lot later we finally got tabs for collections, but once that happened and you could see what you were missing it became a lot easier, plus it actually added up to something.

I started with mounts and did all the major reputation ones, like your faction ones, then moved onto others with daily grinds/quests. And also start doing your weekly raid mount tries that have low drops. Would have to say the best time to starts is asap in terms of low rate mount drops like ICC, Kara and stuff.

If you want to collect pets also, you have to get into pet battling now since MoP, and that was very easy to start as I just went around all the zones getting the new pets through battling. Start in the lowby zones at lvl1 and go from there as the levels progress. Which is a major thing now; if you want all the pets you can collect, you'll need to level them if you haven't been already.

I haven't really started properly collecting toys yet, I have about 157 just from questing or ones I've found, but I haven't grinded any yet :P

So, that's how I did stuff ^^ hope it helps you a little

Quote Originally Posted by pmkaboo View Post
    pick one and go get it, repeat until satisfied.
    This is the only solution, really. Make a list of toys that are dropped by rares in pandaria for example and start camping them with twinks.

Am i dumb or does that work for english realms only? Edit: I'm dumb, it's seperated by region. Great site, thank you.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2016-08-14 at 11:39 AM.

Omg dude this one site is just awesome, ty!!

EDIT:
    Would be nice if they add toys.
    Last edited by Mamut; 2016-08-14 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Omg dude this one site is just awesome, ty!!

EDIT:
    Would be nice if they add toys.
    Yeah, though admittedly I've slacked big-time on those T.T

10+ Year Old Account
    Start with vendor items, easy buyable items on the Auction House or rewards. Work your way up to weekly lockout related items (since it can take a while to get them to drop).
    Last thing I'd buy are the really epensive things (TCG).
    Set yourself a shedule of the day/week on what you want to run and how, if you want advice I'd suggest dropping your Simple Armory here and I'm sure some people will gladly help you out setting up some easy routes to run ^^.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Do you have a level 25 pet yet? If not, to level your first pets to 25, I would recommend a team of three Cheetah Cubs, using Devour to keep them healed up. Go to zones that mostly have wild critter pets-- http://www.wowhead.com/map#-1.2.50.50

Then a Terrible Turnip is ideal for capturing wild pets because of it's Weakening Blow that can hurt but can't kill.

Deleted
    I am kinda in the same boat and due to time restrictions I have to make choices (because I also want to just finish achievements in general).

First; I'm gonna do every quest in game. After I'm done questing I'm gonna do rep farms untill I've got every faction that sells mounts at exalted. As those become less and less I start doing (old) raids more and more for mount drops. Currently working on MoP. When done I move to cata etc.

10+ Year Old Account

Not working
    Could not fetch '<all of my toon names>' from server 'draenor'. Click here to try again.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I collect Toys and the easiest way to start out is to go for ones that are rewards from quests or on vendors. Then you can move to reputation and professions. Make sure to do ones related to seasonal events.

Pets, just start on a continent and work your way through it, collect one of each and then move on. If you don't have any level 25s, go on the AH and get an Anubish Idol and then any cat you can find (I prefer Panther Cub, there is a quest chain for that) but the cats are great for keeping their health up (devour) and are cute. When you are high enough to get a Green Proto Whelp (sholazar basin) get a couple of those and you'll be GTG.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================