Deleted

artifact weapons question.

Soo i have a quick question lets say i am a warrior and when i start to level i take the arms spec to level. But i want to tank at 110 so this does mean i have to get the prot artifact weapon aswell. But wouldnt my prot artifact weapon be much weaker as my arms weapon then? Because you get power trough lvling to 110. So they are kinda forcing me to level to 110 with protection then?

Deleted
    You will be able to get your second artifact early on. And you can choose to spend all the power on the protection weapons if you want to. That way you won't have lost anything when you reach 110 and want to tank.

You can level as any spec. You collect items that give 20, 50, 75, 100 AP etc etc. You then use these and it will add to your current spec equipped artifact. Basically save them up and change spec to prot when you get the artifact and use them all then and swap back to dps to level and continue to collect the items.

Deleted
    Yeah okay but wouldnt leveling be very hard then? since my arms artifact weapon is going to be weak?

The gain in artifacts you see between 100-110 isnt that much. Things tend to fairly quickly no matter what. Probably better to level as prot as dps isnt much of an issue for tanks and you can pull a lot more mobs.

Just level as prot and be done with it really. It's very fast afaik (should be faster than arms).

It's honestly not worth worrying about. Up to 13 traits the cost is incredibly trivial. Just level your arms artifact and spend a couple hours catching up your prot artifact at 110.

Or don't and level prot. Tanks generally have better on demand burst anyway, and if you have mythic HFC gear you'll kill everything in one hit until at least 103.

Deleted
    Okay thanks guys ! i'll just go level as prot then

You can get your 2nd and 3rd artifacts at level 102. You will get items that give you artifact power which you spend to get the traits i believe the 14th trait cost as much as the first 13 combined, or something like that. so once you get to the 13th on your main spec, you can either get the 14th, or get 13 on your off spec, for the same cost.

You can save your artifact power. The relics would be the problem. Relic increase your weapon Ilvl. Either way leveling as prot isn't going to punish you much if at all.

tanking spec (any class) is the best leveling spec in legion. So...
    Reasons - self heal + a lot of aoe damage

It is my impression that the iLvl increases come from relics, that a not-too-difficult requirement (different per class; per spec, too?) opens a third relic slot, and that relics drop for ANY of your specs (even ones you don't plan on using).

How much does iLvl (from relics) compare in terms of percentage of DPS, to the traits from the artifact's power?