Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayn View Post
    I guess I found the term now atleast 'inferiority complex

- - - Updated - - -

I guess you are right, I ain't even gonna deny it
    It could also be seen as a superiority complex the way you look down on those who you see as "worshipping" others, since you've made a thread to show how you're above them, you're rejecting value in the achievements in others to make yourself feel better, whilst also attempting to assert yourself above others who do respect the value of those achievements.

But to be honest these kind of feelings are very common and can result in destructive outcomes, but they can also result in driving someone to excellence through determination, depending on how you as an individual respond to these motivations or feelings. Like I said being aware of your subconcious and being aware of your mind is very powerful in improving yourself, and improving quality of life and outlook.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    It depends what they are famous for, Medal of Honor? Or having a hit YouTube channel?
    I just don't really care even if you saved the world from aliens, like literally, not even trolling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    It could also be seen as a superiority complex the way you look down on those who you see as "worshipping" others, since you've made a thread to show how you're above them, you're rejecting value in the achievements in others to make yourself feel better, whilst also attempting to assert yourself above others who do respect the value of those achievements.

But to be honest these kind of feelings are very common and can result in destructive outcomes, but they can also result in driving someone to excellence through determination, depending on how you as an individual respond to these motivations or feelings. Like I said being aware of your subconcious and being aware of your mind is very powerful in improving yourself, and improving quality of life and outlook.
    I guess I acknowledged my behaviour patterns pretty well, but I thought it was pretty normal, since I never asked, but I saw bad outcomes though.

thinking is the way is a surefire drive into the poor house, OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    And here we have it, the only narcissist in the whole wide world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gobblejobble View Post
    thinking is the way is a surefire drive into the poor house, OP.
    Why is that?

10+ Year Old Account
    'I really don't care if you are a king or a CEO of an important business, I just don't care about your status, you are still a human just like me mentality'
    Anyone here have this type of thinking too? I just fail to worship someone and I always roll eyes when I see people do it.
    Funny thing is, jealousy is not even involved. I just can't understand it, why I have this.
    No, you're not alone.

I never understood the "status" mentality in the first place. Sure, you may be a CEO, a creative or someone in the street. I'll still judge you for who you are, not what you have.

In the same regards, I can't stand people who pull me down because I have more than them or less. If you want to give me personality traits based on my relative position in society, then you're a shallow idiot.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    And here we have it, the only narcissist in the whole wide world.

I don't to be like that though, thats the problem

Why is that?
    lol sorry i meant to say thinking THAT way, not thinking in general. disregard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gobblejobble View Post
    lol sorry i meant to say thinking THAT way, not thinking in general. disregard.
    Well, I am learning new things in this post, maybe I'll seek some help, because it is serious to me

7+ Year Old Account
    With that mindset, you won't get far I think.

Well, I am learning new things in this post, maybe I'll seek some help, because it is serious to me
    lol i was just giving you a hard time and being semi sarcastic

Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    Yes, there are 7,4 billions of people out there and you're the only one.
    about this no, but about other things quite possibly.

Question whatever you take for granted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    With that mindset, you won't get far I think.
    You are right, I won't. I tend to start something and never finishing it either, which is another odd thing for me.

Really depends on the situation. I, for one, am tired of seeing celebrities act like they're qualified to be political commentators.

'I really don't care if you are a king or a CEO of an important business, I just don't care about your status, you are still a human just like me mentality'
    Anyone here have this type of thinking too? I just fail to worship someone and I always roll eyes when I see people do it.
    Funny thing is, jealousy is not even involved. I just can't understand it, why I have this.
    Power does not inherently make someone smarter or more right, it only influences their ability to push those ideas on other people. Though you shouldn't just put everyone on a completely flat playing field due to the influence of things like education.

Think of it like information on the internet. You have to take into account how much they know on the subject as far as their credibility, which is why "random numbskull" (like me) doesn't rank very high, but a peer-reviewed paper would be more valuable. (Even then, it's how much they know on that subject, a person could be an absolutely brilliant marine biologist and completely ignorant on astronomy)
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2016-08-14 at 09:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

You're apparently realizing that merit, not title, is an important thing. Have fun with your Type-A personality. I'll give you a high five if either of us figure out how to deal with it.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

That's only logical. Why should you respect others more than yourself? Of course you can use their experiences to solve problems which are important to you, but worshiping a person because they achieved something in one aspect of their lives is stupid.

The kicker is the 'just like me' part. Nobody is 'just like you' in every single way. We are all human, but we are also all composed of matter, just like trees and rocks and dog poop. That doesn't suddenly make humans the same thing as trees and rocks and dog poop though, just like how being a human doesn't automatically make you the same as any other human.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drazail View Post
    That's only logical. Why should you respect others more than yourself? Of course you can use their experiences to solve problems which are important to you, but worshiping a person because they achieved something in one aspect of their lives is stupid.
    Thats how I think in a nutshell

Thats how I think in a nutshell
    Not all humans are carbon copies of one another, and not all human achievements are carbon copies of one another. That is why we don't treat them all the same. Because different people/things are different.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer