Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    welp. I booked an appointment with a psychologists

Quote Originally Posted by Kayn View Post
    'I really don't care if you are a king or a CEO of an important business, I just don't care about your status, you are still a human just like me mentality'
    Anyone here have this type of thinking too? I just fail to worship someone and I always roll eyes when I see people do it.
    Funny thing is, jealousy is not even involved. I just can't understand it, why I have this.
    Your lack of concern for status is driven entirely from a lack of need for status as a quick filtering mechanism. You likely have too much time on your hands, really low status, or such ridiculously high status that everyone is equally wasteful of your time so there's no use sorting. It's why rich, successful or famous people are often described as "assholes"; they simply don't have time for the sorts of nobodies who gossip about celebrities being assholes.

You could also say: "The only way I could truly respect any person is to respect them as I have met them and learned about them and know them. To do anything else with them, even lavish praise, would be disrespectful of the fact that we've only met."

Sort of along the lines that we trust the values of honest and innocent people more than the values of well aware and researched people. A person who is well aware and researched is more deeply rooted in a sea of perspectives and knowledge, but why would someone like that ever need to meet you unless they were searching for an honest and innocent perspective?

This occurs more frequently with people in power who feel they don't deserve it even if they're talented with it.

Deleted
    I respect achievement but worshipping goes too far, no matter the accomplishment.

But in general, achievement always gets you (and deserves you) more respect than the average Joe that just lives an average life.

Far as I see it,

We're all equal, regardless personal possessions or success's.

This is why I'm not really a fan of the royals

Deleted
    Typical entitled special snowflake millennial.

'I really don't care if you are a king or a CEO of an important business, I just don't care about your status, you are still a human just like me mentality'
    Anyone here have this type of thinking too? I just fail to worship someone and I always roll eyes when I see people do it.
    Funny thing is, jealousy is not even involved. I just can't understand it, why I have this.
    You're not the only one, which is why I will never understand celebrity worship. I will never understand why someone who plays a doctor on TV gets more love than a real doctor.

Deleted
    Depends on what their stature is built upon.

If their stature is built upon fact of proven skill, i.e a scientist or something of a demanding field, sure, i'll praise them. cause they earned it.

Otherwise? No. Fuck them, and their assumed authority on ground of being idolized by the brainless masses.

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    It's a defense mechanism. Refusal to acknowledge status is often born from disengagement with personal growth.

In simpler words, if you act like status isn't important, people won't expect you to try and attain status. Therefore you're safe from failing.
    So idol worship is the sign of healthy humans?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JacquesPierre View Post
    So idol worship is the sign of healthy humans?
    It's the natural state of many humans. They don't use rational thought, to things such as jealousy.

Deleted
    Refusal to acknowledge status is often born from disengagement with personal growth.
    Saying that we're all human beings, no matter if you are a CEO or something else, no matter what status you have in life, is refusing to personally grow as a person? If you don't think someone has worth as a human being even if they aren't the CEO of a big company, it's you who needs to grow up.

Of course. Whole areas of philosophy exist to this effect.

No gods, no masters.

7+ Year Old Account
    I guess I don't really understand the discussion to be had here. OP doesn't care about people in power and their associated status? Were they even demanding you acknowledge or care?

I don't recall the last time I met someone who demanded I respect their authority on a random subject. Now, if I'm having a conversation about something and a person involved happens to have trained in that field for many years, I would be a fool to not at least consider them *knowledgeable* regarding that subject.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Of course. Whole areas of philosophy exist to this effect.

No gods, no masters.
    Kinda folds in on itself, cause you declare yourself above hierarchy, indirectly becoming the highest instance of hierarchy.

Serious for a moment.

I admire people with integrity; humbleness, honor, empathy, sympathy, altruism and similar traits. I recognize but don't judge nor admire a person who has achieved things.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    I guess I don't really understand the discussion to be had here. OP doesn't care about people in power and their associated status? Were they even demanding you acknowledge or care?

I don't recall the last time I met someone who demanded I respect their authority on a random subject. Now, if I'm having a conversation about something and a person involved happens to have trained in that field for many years, I would be a fool to not at least consider them *knowledgeable* regarding that subject.
    I think op is trolling. 20 posts and all. That said:

I dont think he means what you said, but rsther, if he were to meet the presidentl or a celebrity, he would not feel as if it were any different from meeting his trash collector. I think that is a considerably healthier way to live than those who do the opposite. Fame and idol worship are dangerous things.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auriga_(slave)

the struggle is real.

10+ Year Old Account
    I respect everyone until they give me a reason not to.

That being said there are certainly some people I look up to more than others.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

The status of King or CEO is far more likely to impact my life than the status of Billy Bob the Homeless Junkie.
    Signature not found

Deleted
    It's a defense mechanism. Refusal to acknowledge status is often born from disengagement with personal growth.

In simpler words, if you act like status isn't important, people won't expect you to try and attain status. Therefore you're safe from failing.
    damn that is one of the best "manner insult" I've ever seen.

keeping it classy, but those words must've hurt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Serious for a moment.

I admire people with integrity; humbleness, honor, empathy, sympathy, altruism and similar traits. I recognize but don't judge nor admire a person who has achieved things.
    That sounds pretty gay, tbh.