Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Curnivore View Post
    It's a very predictable spell, very closed to interpretation, the rotation during it is almost always perfectly identical to the last time. This of course does fit perfectly with the Artifact system of soft-gating people into specs because they don't want novel or niche or imbalanced/weird specs now. But, I do see them easily removing it next expansion.
    Arcane Power and Icy Veins are such unpredictable and novel spells, yes?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HTowN View Post
    Arcane Power and Icy Veins are such unpredictable and novel spells, yes?
    Look at the big picture. Arcane Power will not stop Arcane Missiles being random or Icy Veins Brain Freeze being random. Combustion will make the rotation almost identical to the last time with the exception of a 1 or 2 rarely taken talents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexanderjac View Post
    first mage to max level today
    Nuff said.

Deleted
    Also old combustion + ignite interaction were a very volatile combination, nothing like most other cooldowns in the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    So should I feel bad when Fireball is my second highest source of damage or is that more a matter of having low crit or wasting Pyro procs by delaying them because Fireball is halfway through casting?
    If Fireball is your second highest damage source then you're definitely doing it wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Torian kel View Post
    > Mage community complain for years to make combustion a real offensive cooldown
    > Finally Blizzard changes it a visually pleasing, fun and powerful cooldown that makes you actually feel like a Master Fire Mage
    > Mage community now finds it boring
    > MFW LUL
    Just one guy finding it boring really doesn't warrant your 4chan antics.

I've played Mage for 10 years and the current iteration of Combustion is the most fun I've had with it. Second most fun being BRF Combustion.

People whining about the current iteration are simply terrible at the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    the only change needed for combustion now is to make undispelable just like majority of other classes dmg cds.
    Replace Holinka with this guy.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a very predictable spell, very closed to interpretation, the rotation during it is almost always perfectly identical to the last time. This of course does fit perfectly with the Artifact system of soft-gating people into specs because they don't want novel or niche or imbalanced/weird specs now. But, I do see them easily removing it next expansion.
    And the rotation being identical 100 out of a 100 times is a bad thing? Let me remind you that Fire used to be an incredibly RNG spec that required massive fishing and specific gear to even do good.

All power to current iteration of Combustion.

Look at the big picture. Arcane Power will not stop Arcane Missiles being random or Icy Veins Brain Freeze being random
    So? You always want to use AM at 4 Arcane charges. Since they buff AM dmg, you don't spam AB during burst anymore. You use AM when it's available. Nothing changes from normal rotation. You just do more dmg and use more mana (and don't cast Barrage).

You always want to use flurry+ice lance when BF proc. Again, nothing changes from normal rotation.

Combustion will make the rotation almost identical to the last time with the exception of a 1 or 2 rarely taken talents.
    What "last time" are you talking about? Cata-WoD Combustion?

Let me tell you the difference. We used to use Combustion when RNG God allows us. Now we use it when we want to use it. And I really really really appreciate that.
    Last edited by HTowN; 2016-08-15 at 03:43 PM.

Also old combustion + ignite interaction were a very volatile combination, nothing like most other cooldowns in the game.
    Which version? :-P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kri4o View Post
    And the rotation being identical 100 out of a 100 times is a bad thing?
    I didn't judge it personally. I judged it based on how Blizzard acts. I can see them easily finding it too predictable if they start not caring about making more volatile specs again after this expansion, or major patch.

Personally, I prefer it to the last combustion, but I can see it getting boring, at least without the talents that make it more unpredictable to rotate.

But, I do see them easily removing it next expansion.
    Hopefully not. This version is exactly what it should be, a cooldown that gives a reliable burst in damage.

Deleted
    I didn't judge it personally. I judged it based on how Blizzard acts. I can see them easily finding it too predictable if they start not caring about making more volatile specs again after this expansion, or major patch.

Personally, I prefer it to the last combustion, but I can see it getting boring, at least without the talents that make it more unpredictable to rotate.
    It warms my soul knowing that this current Combustion is going to stay until the next expansion at least. In the past I've had terrible RNG with both Arcane and Fire and to be honest it's been getting on my nerves.

Deleted
    And why is that? This is by far best combustion we ever had in my opinion. We are currently like arcane mages in HFC, but instead of using clunky crystal and hoping for awesome procs from trinket+tier, our burst actually is same almost every time what is really good thing. I hate RNG and with current crit levels fire mage is really enjoyable we dont need to pray for crits and because combustion is like it is now, we can actually do burst when we want and how we want

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokrei View Post
    And why is that? This is by far best combustion we ever had in my opinion. We are currently like arcane mages in HFC, but instead of using clunky crystal and hoping for awesome procs from trinket+tier, our burst actually is same almost every time what is really good thing. I hate RNG and with current crit levels fire mage is really enjoyable we dont need to pray for crits and because combustion is like it is now, we can actually do burst when we want and how we want
    I don't think it's a certainly, just a very good possibility. Besides, sometimes they change things just for the sake of changing things. To not say they always do it.

Deleted
    I don't think it's a certainly, just a very good possibility. Besides, sometimes they change things just for the sake of changing things. To not say they always do it.
    They have been chancing combustion all the time, because people have disliked it and complained about it many years. Now they actually got it right and majority of people like it, they are going to change it? I don't think so

Deleted
    They have been chancing combustion all the time, because people have disliked it and complained about it many years. Now they actually got it right and majority of people like it, they are going to change it? I don't think so
    That's a subjective opinion. There are people that prefer the volatile versions of it.

Deleted
    That's a subjective opinion. There are people that prefer the volatile versions of it.
    Well you can go and make poll. I am pretty sure that people like this combustion more

Deleted
    Well you can go and make poll. I am pretty sure that people like this combustion more
    For the moment, I do think that's true. I'm not sure about later. It might get a toll on people at how repetitively similar it is in results.

Deleted
    For the moment, I do think that's true. I'm not sure about later. It might get a toll on people at how repetitively similar it is in results.
    That is exactly why we like it. Because it is reliable

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Love this new combustion!

Something something buff kindling

Deleted
    That is exactly why we like it. Because it is reliable
    I don't know if that's universal. I recall Tier 18 frost. It was kinda boring after a point at how reliably repetitive it was.

I could almost bring simulationcraft results every time.

Deleted
    I don't know if that's universal. I recall Tier 18 frost. It was kinda boring after a point at how reliably repetitive it was.

I could almost bring simulationcraft results every time.
    SO what you want is RNG?

"Hey jim! Look! I did 200k DPS, how much did you do?"

"Meh i only did 175k, because i had fucking awful luck with procs"

"Too bad. RNG is bitch"