Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Does she come from money? If she pays more per hour, give her a shot. If not, I don't think it's gonna work.

You are both kids, the likely hood of this relationship being a lasting one is close to nil...move on.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekobe140 View Post
    So, basically my girlfriend of 6 months (I'm 19, she's 17) doesnt want me to work a job because she feels like it's splitting us apart. I'm a people person, and my new job is fantastic because I work with them all day, being it a BBQ place. I feel a lot of the girls and people like me there, but that's not really what I'm concerned about. I do love my girlfriend, and even her mom told her that she just wants to hold me back from moving forward in life. I really need some outside feedback and thoughts. Common things she says is "It's splitting us apart", "I feel we're drifting", "We never have time with each other" (even though its only 4 days a week for around 4 to 6 hours a day)
    Only to Millennials is having a job at 19 optional. Hilarious.

run as fast as you can OP.

bitches be cray cray

This is sort of why the best dating advice is always "Don't date someone who doesn't pay the same bills you do"

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    I was hoping this was a thread about a guy whose wife didn't want him to work. AKA ... The dream

CARRY ON!
    I'd be OK with my future husband not working or working part time/full time from home...if we had kids, and he didn't mind being a house husband.

Otherwise he'd have to look like a model and put out a couple of times a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I'd be OK with my future husband not working or working part time/full time from home...if we had kids, and he didn't mind being a house husband.

Otherwise he'd have to look like a model and put out a couple of times a week.
    I had this good looking lawyer ask me if I would marry her, stay home and look after the kids. This was within the first 10m of meeting her.

10+ Year Old Account
    DO NOT quit your job for her.
    What will happen in 5 years when you are working 40-50 hours a week?

If she can not handle it just end it. I know it will be a pain and hurt for a bit, but a year from now you will be like WTH was I thinking staying with someone trying to manipulate me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I had this good looking lawyer ask me if I would marry her, stay home and look after the kids. This was within the first 10m of meeting her.
    Haha really? Was she joking or was she that focused on finding a house husband? Those are questions I'd never think to ask someone on the first date, that is for sure...hell I haven't even asked the guy I've been seeing whether he wants kids, and I met him a year ago.

Haha really? Was she joking or was she that focused on finding a house husband? Those are questions I'd never think to ask someone on the first date, that is for sure...hell I haven't even asked the guy I've been seeing whether he wants kids, and I met him a year ago.
    I think half joking, she does want a house husband but we weren't on a date, just meeting up with some other professionals. Another time we were far too drunk and planned out and named 3 kids. Shes a good friend now and my go to corporate lawyer.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekobe140 View Post
    -

1. Dump her ass now or regret living with mom/dad til your 30 with kids and 0 prospects.

or

2. Make her support both of you when she turns 18.
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Personally I don't know or have heard of someone who actually stayed with highschool partner later in adult life. Those relationships always seem to fail, from what I have witnessed.
    Oh yeah, they almost always do. But not always. Like I said, I personally know a couple that are still happily married after graduating high school together in the 70's. And unless something seriously goes wrong in their marriage, something out of left field, they're not getting divorced any time soon. And my friend's grandparents are high school sweethearts. I don't know them personally, but they're in their 70's and at this point, death is far more likely to break them up than divorce is.

- - - Updated - - -

Never underestimate how quickly a woman with a ticking biological clock will get to the point of what she wants on a first date.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Personally I don't know or have heard of someone who actually stayed with highschool partner later in adult life. Those relationships always seem to fail, from what I have witnessed.
    I am still with my high school boyfriend who is now my husband, the first and only person I have ever dated. We met online when I was 14(just about 15) and he was 18. A few months after emailing back and forth we met at the local mall. After that he asked me out. Now it is 18 years later and we have been married for just over 10 years and still happy.

Also my parents met right after HS, my mom went to college and my dad got drafted. They wrote letters back and forth while he was away. When he came home he asked her to marry him and she said yes. She was 20 and he was 21. They have been happily married for 46 years.
    Last edited by Seirith; 2016-08-16 at 01:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    get her pregnant shell force you to get a job
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.