Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror

Children too scared to use toilet at refugee camps for fear of being raped

Children as young as seven 'sexually assaulted' in Greek refugee camps

'She came back with marks on her arms and neck. Later the girl described how she was sexually abused. It has scarred a seven-year-old child for life'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7189811.html

Deleted
    Yeah, there still isnt any solution for these refugees. And it's sad that the innocent people have to suffer for it.

The problem is, no one wants them. There were some plans to devide them amongst EU countries, but since the terror attacks in France no one takes them in anymore.

I wonder if they are stuck in Greece forever or that they will go (back) to Turkey at some point.

10+ Year Old Account
    @soulcrusher You have a running theme to the threads you start.

The actual article, doesn't mention a fear of toilets at all. That doesn't make the actual problem better, but let's not fluff the story.

One volunteer serving at the Softex camp in Greece told The Observer young girls are being groomed by male gangs. He said on one occasion an Iraqi family had been moved to emergency accommodation following a sexual assault on their 7-year-old daughter.

He said: “The parents are still in disbelief over what happened. A man from one of the ‘mafia’ groups asked their seven-year-old daughter into their tent to play games on his phone and then zipped up the tent.

“She came back with marks on her arms and neck. Later the girl described how she was sexually abused. It has scarred a seven-year-old child for life.”
    Not good, but no toilet.

The article that is linked in your article does mention toilets, but it was women in fear and not children:

In one government-run camp, in a former Softex toilet roll factory on the outskirts of Thessaloniki, aid organisations claim that the level of risk of sexual attack is so acute that women are too afraid to visit the camp toilets alone at night.
    I would note the article further says:

The women are afraid. They complain that during the night and evening they cannot go to the toilet alone. They have all heard of reports of others being attacked,,” said Nava.
    However:

The government coordinator for the refugee crisis, Giorgos Kyritsis, said: “Softex is the camp with the most cases of small criminal behaviour but there was not any case of rape reported to the camp’s staff.”
    There is a fear, and bad things have happened, but rumors can create their own panic. It may be the coordinator is spinning things by saying there is no report of rape -- but that doesn't say if there were attempts and it doesn't give us any way to judge if women are simply unwilling to come forward to report.

What does seem clear is the thread title says children are afraid to use the toilet, and neither of the articles say that.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    That is really sad.
    Don't worry we will get them out of those camps so they can share their love throughout Europe.

Fools trying to do the right thing are going to fuck up everything for everyone..... again

15+ Year Old Account
    Lets just drown all the male refugees, would solve most of the problems with them

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Don't worry we will get them out of those camps so they can share their love throughout Europe.

Fools trying to do the right thing are going to fuck up everything for everyone..... again
    Well sending them back so they can be butt bandits/child brides for ISIS doesn't sound like a great idea, either. That's assuming that they don't get blown up by ISIS/whatever foreign entity is bombing the shit out of their home village.

Deleted
    Well sending them back so they can be butt bandits/child brides for ISIS doesn't sound like a great idea, either. That's assuming that they don't get blown up by ISIS/whatever foreign entity is bombing the shit out of their home village.
    I am pretty sure primalmatter is not talking about the scared kids, but the older refugees that are raping the children

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Send them back, it was a bad idea to bring them in anyways. You probably won't see the same courtesy from them.

Once sent back, problem solved. Let them deal with it themselves, why should we meddle with what they consider their 'culture'?
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Thank god we can invite them here instead. Nothing bad has happened so far with that idea! Nothing at all!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post
    I am pretty sure primalmatter is not talking about the scared kids, but the older refugees that are raping the children
    More or less I would turn back anyone older then ten years old from that region less they had a extremely valuable trade skill.

Deleted
    I have the same issue at work.
    /fuck you National Grid!

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    I have the same issue at work.
    /fuck you National Grid!
    You're a 7 year old getting raped in the toilet?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post

The article that is linked in your article does mention toilets, but it was women in fear and not children:

What does seem clear is the thread title says children are afraid to use the toilet, and neither of the articles say that.
    Yes...the 7-year-old was apparently attacked in their tent when an adult asked her if she wanted to play a game.

Thread title was inaccurate/a bit bait-y, but the situation in the camps still sounds depressing and scary.

You're a 7 year old getting raped in the toilet?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes...the 7-year-old was apparently attacked in their tent when an adult asked her if she wanted to play a game.

Thread title was inaccurate/a bit bait-y, but the situation in the camps still sounds depressing and scary.
    Meh it will become the norm soon enough. Why not savoir the good work your idealism bought you?

Meh it will become the norm soon enough. Why not savoir the good work your idealism bought you?
    Sounds to me like the conditions in the camp are pretty crap, this probably has to do with them being treated poorly in the first place...stressful situations can simultaneously bring out the best and the worst in people...although mostly the worst in people, when that stress is long term...

Ofc people rape and molest children everywhere, poor camp conditions create opportunity where they would otherwise be limited or nonexistent.

Sounds to me like the conditions in the camp are pretty crap, this probably has to do with them being treated poorly in the first place...stressful situations can simultaneously bring out the best and the worst in people...although mostly the worst in people, when that stress is long term...

Ofc people rape and molest children everywhere, poor camp conditions create opportunity where they would otherwise be limited or nonexistent.
    Sure... being in a confined space with a lot of people watching and monitoring it is what creates this opportunity....

If only they were alone in some place without witnesses right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Could you explain that sentence?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

The world is not stepping up to remove Asaad and ISIS from power and returning the refugees to their own countries to build it up again.

If you think this is sad and heart breaking, wait. The worse is yet to come.

It's like having hitler all over again, but nobody is stepping up to take him down because there are countries that are still backing up those war criminals.

Sure... being in a confined space with a lot of people watching and monitoring it is what creates this opportunity....
    It happens everywhere, but think about human society and how it's set up. Homes are a lot harder to break into than tents...lots of time on their hands in a refugee camp...

Would make more sense to train them to do some manual labor or skill in the meantime, give them something to do and let the host country benefit somewhat.

Idle hands is the devil's something or other.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Could you explain that sentence?
    What would you like me to explain about it?

I don't mean to be a dick ( at least this time) but what about it do you not understand?

7+ Year Old Account
    Well shit happends in areas, where people feel like the world is coming to an end :/ But this has happend before during war and it will happend again.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.