Deleted

Blood of Sargeras - how much will I be missing without a gathering profession?

I read that supply of Blood of Sargeras is pretty scarce without a gathering profession - my main currently has JC/BS - it was done mainly for raiding perks. However now there are no additional advantages and I won't have the time to raid as much as I used to some time ago - should I really drop one crafting for mining to be able to sustain the other crafting profession?
    Or will it be *a bit* slower but still acceptable?

Deleted
    As long as your happy with buying your ores at the auction house, there is no need for you to change professions. There are a number of other ways where you can farm bos many times faster than by farming ore! In my opinion farming heroics is the best way as it is has a drop chance from bosses. There are world quests aswell with bos as a reward and they probably have a better drop/time invested-ratio but there aren't enough quests around to actually farm it.

they've been trying to create more sources for it for those with 2xgathering or 2xcrafting.

World quests, fishing, bosses in raids and dungeons, and last i read, they were including stuff like disenchanting having a chance to provide some. Hopefully they will do this for the others too.

Farming heroics is way faster than gathering for BoS.

Deleted
    Excellent - thank you guys very much!

Ugh... WoD made me remove my gathering professions. I guess I gotta level them again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Papuchongo View Post
    Ugh... WoD made me remove my gathering professions. I guess I gotta level them again.
    No need to level them past skill 100. No difference after that for gathering professions. Only difference at skill 100 is that you then get world quests for that profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Papuchongo View Post
    I had two crafting proffession on beta, never felt I had too little BoS. There is world quests providing them, and you got a chance to obtain them in HC dungeons. Didn't test raids, but I've heard they can drop there as well.

So there is nothing holding you back from holding on to two crafting proffessions to be honest. Just as in every expansion, it will be extremely expensive to buy crafting materials at the auction house, and thats it.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

I have another similar question about gathering but I dont wanna make another thread so Im gonna ask here. Im not afraid about BoS because I can get them from DE (Im planning to be enh/jc) and many other sources (dungeons, quests etc) but I wonder are there ANY other mats that are BoP? For example some sort of rare things that you can get while minning? Or everything is tradeable?

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    I have another similar question about gathering but I dont wanna make another thread so Im gonna ask here. Im not afraid about BoS because I can get them from DE (Im planning to be enh/jc) and many other sources (dungeons, quests etc) but I wonder are there ANY other mats that are BoP? For example some sort of rare things that you can get while minning? Or everything is tradeable?
    Can't recall any other BoPs, the only thing that was a bit rare was the Infernal Brimstones (For Blacksmithing), seemed like they was obtainable from World Quests (maybe from mining?). But they are BoE, so they will be on AH, but expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Hey guys, I was thinking little bit about professions and here are my thoughts.

2 gathering professions - nice income, especially from start. But you have to ask guildies to craft items for you (till you have alt/s), or buy crafted stuff from AH. Also you need to have some time to gather resources, which can be spent elsewhere.

2 crafting profs. - well buy resources on AH, and sell crafts? Can you actually earn something this way, as source will be expansive as well? Are here some benefits (except mounts/pets/toys) which can boost you in some way from raiding perspective? Like crafted gear is BoE and you can upgrade it without that profession using obliterum (Am I right here?).

Mixed professions when your gathering prof. are feeding crafting one. - you gather, you craft and you sell. But you still have to buy other stuff on AH. Like you create armor, but will have to buy pots, flasks, gems, inscription talent stuff..

So far I am thinking to run Enchaning with gathering prof. skinning maybe. - I can farm mats while leveling, and don't have to fly from node to node. Just cleave beasts down when I have little time. Also I will be able to disenchant BoP stuff - which is nice thing to have. With leathers I can ask guildies to craft gear, so I can sell/obliterate it, or simply sell excessive mats.

I would really appreciate some insight on this, as I didn't play beta and could very possibly missed some important info.

Btw, I'll play shammy (all 3 specs), mostly PvE content.

Deleted
    Gathering will be nice start income like in every new expansion.

Crafting is also viable for the first time in early times of an expansion because the ilvl 815 items (that can be upgraded to 850) are BoE.

You don't need the same profession as your armor type to create obliteron, so you can actually buy the 815 version and upgrade it with your own created stuff. I would discourage planning to buy crafted armor to create obliteron as they will be rather expensive.

Not actually sure what Enchanters can obliterate, but possible the relics they can craft.

Easiest (i.e., least time consuming) gathering profession is skinning. Literally every 2nd mob in Legion is skinnable...