Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokee View Post
    None of this is correct, btw.
    Correct for who and why?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rascal Bob View Post
    I think quite a few asked for a rexxar like hunter spec, don't know why the artifact is a polearm instead of the axes but I think that's where the current spec comes from.

The weirdest thing for me was that they turned survival into the melee spec instead of bm.
    This was NY thought beast mastery shoukd hace been the melee where we fight alongside our pets abd gain mastery of nature

And yeah REXXAR not to mention all the melee hunters back in the day

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I haven't seen one yet. I refuse to play the spec at all I'm not interested in a half ass melee class with a pet they already turned Unholy Death Knight into that.

Deleted
    I often play it on my hunter, I enjoy the playstyle and think that it has been well implemented. Unfortunately I usually still play MM (snore) because it is vastly better dps at the moment. SV will be a dead spec unless it is given a decent buff (the artifact ability will get it part of the way there).

You can't call SV hunter a failed experiment yet because a) we don't have lvl 110 & artifacts, b) numbers pass still hasn't happened yet and c) it is straight-up harder to play and for some time now hunters have had faceroll-easy specs to play (and now have 2 again) so people will need time to learn to play it well. Time they won't bother spending to play it well if they know the dps will be shit at the end of so it REALLY needs some buff loving to get people to give it a try.

I've mained hunter since vanilla but am switching mains this expansion because I really don't enjoy the new MM or BM and my guild are already pretty full on melee and I don't feel I'll be able to compete with melee classes with SV in it's current state. If the last part there wasn't true, I'd probably be pushing to occupy one of those melee spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Survival as a spec made sense in Vanilla (after first rework) and Tbc because of the hunter minimum range. Since then it's merely been a question whether survival or marksman had the highest dps.
    No. Not true at all. SV Consistently smashed MM in popularity all the way from Cataclysm to Warlords of Draenor. It was 6.2 that broke the spec.

Blizzard had to change something to make a clear distinction between the specs.
    No, they didn't. In fact, trying to do this has made people like the class a lot less.

I think introducing the dead zone back for hunters, while making survival melee/range hybrid (where you are supposed to engage and disengage in combat) and marksman only ranged (high stationary damage and strong kiting) would both increase popularity, skill ceiling, and make the "class fantasy" more distinct. I also think BM should be a bit more involving (just look at the disparity between demonology and beast mastery). A lot of people suggested making BM the melee spec. Would be cool with a Rexxar sort of spec.
    As much as I hate the current class design team, I am so glad that you aren't there designing the specs.

These are only my thoughts. I don't play the class anymore. Played it a lot in Vanilla and some in Tbc, but I stopped caring when the dead zone was removed.
    Oh look, even more proof that Legion's changes were made to satisfy people who don't play hunters.

Why are you so obsessed with the dead zone? How does having such a huge weakness like that make the class MORE ENJOYABLE to you? It's masochistic.

You will see them at 110.
    I haven't kept up on the changes heavily, but knowing Blizzard if they are greatly out of favor they will buff them.
    They don't change specs that significantly and make them the worst.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by aere1985 View Post
    b) numbers pass still hasn't happened yet
    It's adorable how people are still holding on to hope for this.

WoD flat out never got a number pass. You had rampant class imbalance all throughout the expansion. In fact, 6.2 somehow made it WORSE. What makes you think that the same group of monkeys who screwed that up will suddenly get it right in Legion? Hell, the Beta was a complete clusterfuck for class design as well. So basically:

- They screw up class balance in WoD beta
    - They screw up class balance in WoD Tier 1
    - They screw it up even more in WoD Tier 2
    - They remake most of the specs in Legion beta then promptly forget about them, screwing it up again

What makes you think that they'll break this pattern in Legion? People like Celestalon are incapable of ensuring class balance and viability of all specs. They don't listen to any feedback. This is the same guy who nerfed Elemental even as it was underperforming, saying that they were OP and didn't know it. He proceeded to ignore shamans until well after WoD launch when they had to emergency-buff Lava Burst by 35%, then again by 10% (along with other abilities, but Lava Burst was the most buffed). Remember when they broke Demonology because they didn't like the playstyle and didn't want people playing it? Remember when they broke survival? Seriously, what makes you think this team has gotten any better? Class design is nosediving.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    You will see them at 110.
    I haven't kept up on the changes heavily, but knowing Blizzard if they are greatly out of favor they will buff them.
    They don't change specs that significantly and make them the worst.
    You know SV's single target DPS is actually pretty competitive? Doesn't matter. By virtue of being a melee spec, it is significantly less popular. Oh, and it also has garbage AoE but even a buff to that won't save it.

Blizzard has already said they will not be significantly buffing/nerfing specs throughout legion due to their other trainwreck (artifacts). Oh, and they were perfectly content with leaving SV broken for all of 6.2.

lol you're still crying about survival???
    In this amount of time you could of built yourself a nice bridge

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    No. Not true at all. SV Consistently smashed MM in popularity all the way from Cataclysm to Warlords of Draenor. It was 6.2 that broke the spec.

No, they didn't. In fact, trying to do this has made people like the class a lot less.

As much as I hate the current class design team, I am so glad that you aren't there designing the specs.

Oh look, even more proof that Legion's changes were made to satisfy people who don't play hunters.

Why are you so obsessed with the dead zone? How does having such a huge weakness like that make the class MORE ENJOYABLE to you? It's masochistic.
    What do you have against me? No reason to be so full of anger, I am just stating my opinion, I am not lobbying or anything.

Introducing the dead zone would make playing a hunter a lot more enjoyable, yes. Positioning, kiting and melee abilities would be a lot more meaningful with a dead zone, because players could actually be rewarded with minimizing their time in the dead zone. Powerful traps and abilities like wing clip existed in the first place because hunters couldn't use their ranged abilities, and the good hunter was actually rewarded for going into melee if timed correctly.

Now that there's no dead zone it does not make sense to have powerful melee abilities, because hunters can use their ranged abilities all the time. Ever since the dead zone was removed (the mana pool removal made it worse) it has been too easy in my opinion playing a hunter (except for stuff like boring pet mechanics which is only difficult utilizing in arena).

Both casters and melee are a lot more penalizing to play in both PvE and PvP. Except for cute pets I see no reason at all to be play a hunter.

Personally, when this was announced I was interested and a bit curious. However I'm just not playing anywhere near as serious as I used to and coming off my longest "break" in the 11 years I've been playing, I'm just not too excited or inclined to learn what is, for all intents and purposes, a new class.

From what I've read and very casually experienced it's been described as a fairly complex spec, and although now is probably the best time, I just don't feel like spending a few hours polearming a training dummy. Now that's not to say I won't eventually realize it's a blast and something I want to invest in, but right now I sort of look at it like, why? When I sat down in vanilla WoW and picked my class I was drawn to the idea of taming a wild animal and using them whilst taking on the role of what I perceived a hunter to be, which is with a bow not a polearm. When I wanted a melee class, I picked one that seemed compelling/desirable to me based on what my current interests were.
    Last edited by Reefguy88; 2016-08-29 at 09:52 AM.

I personally hate this change surv was my preferred spec why the fuck someone want to play a damn melee hunter when this game is already full of other melee class? what we need in wow are more ranged spec and class not more melee, last 3 classes introduced are all melee, now they even added the hunter to the party i suspect that among the dev there must be some extreme melee fans. what's next melee mage or priest?
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    The fact that some of you didn't want a melee hunter doesn't mean that other people didn't ask for it. I felt like ranged survival had no identity and nothing special, and I LOVE the new survival, I'm having a blast with it in pvp.

I guess I'd rather dual wield than use a spear but I like the artifact too.

My SV might be my #2, he currently is the second toon I've quested beyond getting artifact with. As some others have stated, my hunters were ranged for a reason, 1 100 was BM (new boost on another server to generate gold), the other was monster MM DPS. I liked the idea of melee hunter, wanted to check it out, so I started a new one... and wow, I really liked it. It felt... odd having all of your non-talent abilities by level 54, but I was always top damage other than 2 tanks and in PVP... wow, it was really fun as well. I fast tracked up to 100 and only did some Ashran and that was even fun (as fun as can be for a melee without pocket heals).

Neither of my other 100s will go SV, it's not "their thing", so I can understand people not even having SV off spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    I personally hate this change surv was my preferred spec why the fuck someone want to play a damn melee hunter when this game is already full of other melee class? what we need in wow are more ranged spec and class not more melee, last 3 classes introduced are all melee, now they even added the hunter to the party i suspect that among the dev there must be some extreme melee fans. what's next melee mage or priest?
    Here's what is appealing about the idea for me, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Vodakhun View Post
    I guess I'd rather dual wield than use a spear but I like the artifact too.
    Yes.
    Last edited by Rennard; 2016-09-02 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    Oh, and it also has garbage AoE
    It's actually got pretty good AOE.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

This is super anecdotal of course, but when running around Trueshot Lodge I pretty much only see Bows and Guns, think I've seen 1 or 2 SV hunters so far.

I would like to play SV, but my guild is pretty full up on melee, so I'm focusing on MM for now. Will probably play SV more and more once I'm comfortable with my prep for MM.

Deleted
    SV is literally not viable at all
    every single melee in the game beats it, and the hunter has 2 ranged speccs available, no raidleader with a still functioning brain would exchange an extremely mobile range for a weak and squishy melee without any use for the raid, be it the toolkit or special assignments.

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    SV is literally not viable at all
    every single melee in the game beats it, and the hunter has 2 ranged speccs available, no raidleader with a still functioning brain would exchange an extremely mobile range for a weak and squishy melee without any use for the raid, be it the toolkit or special assignments.
    But its sims higher than the other specs... like way higher. I'm sure any RL would want you to play the top DPS spec of your class.

Deleted
    SV is really really missing disengage, the lack in mobilty is a joke for a melee class.