Poll: Do you think that Blizzard is doing a good job with WoW?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you think that Blizzard is doing a good job?

Overall, do you think that Blizzard is doing a good job with World of Warcraft? Some points to consider when answering:

Are they still managing to meet your gaming expectations and needs 12 years in?
    Are you happy with what they are delivering and when they are delivering it?
    Do you feel like you are getting your money's worth?
    Are you happy with the direction the game is going?
    Is there enough for you to do in game?
    Last edited by styil; 2016-08-15 at 02:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Developers who doing class mechanics doing good job.

Developers who doing doing Lore/Storyline doing horrible job, WOTLK Lore and Storyline was way better and more epic.

(but i liked to see Sylvanas as Warchief more than Baine/Lorthemar)
    Last edited by Luckx; 2016-08-16 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post

Developers who doing doing Lore/Storyline doing horrible job, WOTLK Lore and Storyline was way better and more epic.
    I'm a bit more in the middle on both issues.

I believe the game could stand to have a bit more overlap in abilities: the spec diversification went too far.

Also, while the story-telling was executed poorly here and there, overall it's heading in an interesting direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't pick my choice of wish, but they do a good job in my opinion (good isn't great).

The current setup of the Broken Shore as we know, seem quite popular. As for myself, loving the Broken Shore event, and just waiting the next 2-3 questlines before Legion - and then to explore Legion.

I know Warlords of Draenor is a rotten apple to many, but within that apple there are some good seeds that are carried on. Their story telling in Warlords of Draenor really developed, making leveling feel more smooth. My own opinion as well, though. The current pre-patch story telling is quite good too. The new 'in-screen' quest NPC speech makes it feel like an RPG again.

Sadly, I was building a UI around the action camera, but this seem to have been an unwanted addition due to some motion sickness challenged people and something about the function being activated without permission. I will just await to see how it'll be used. It has potential.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2016-08-15 at 02:57 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    They managed to keep a game relevant for 12 yers, and for AT LEAST another year with Legion(1 year if there are no content patches at all), so I think they are doing a better job than most in the industry

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Didn't get into the beta this time around. But from the prepatch I'm liking what I see. Not too sure on how classes are playing though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    They managed to keep a game relevant for 12 yers, and for AT LEAST another year with Legion(1 year if there are no content patches at all), so I think they are doing a better job than most in the industry
    No question about that, though. I have to agree.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    for a 12 year old game. No WoW is in a great shape for it's age.
    I once saw a post online, where we should appreciate the devs who keep working on the game to keep it alive. Trying to come with new fantasy for us to play through.
    Because one day their ideas will run out and they will stop making actual content.

Be grateful for each patch we are getting. Could be the last before you know!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    for a 12 year old game. No WoW is in a great shape for it's age.
    I once saw a post online, where we should appreciate the devs who keep working on the game to keep it alive. Trying to come with new fantasy for us to play through.
    Because one day their ideas will run out and they will stop making actual content.

Be grateful for each patch we are getting. Could be the last before you know!
    From a business profit standpoint, WoW will still be getting content after we are dead just not as frequent or as big. There are much older MMOs still active. After the F2P card is played, the game will have millions and millions of more players. F2P likely won't happen for many more years still, so the game has a super long lifetime ahead of it.

I would be surprised if the game shut down in our lifetime unless Blizzard decides to replace it with something, and then decided to also shut down a profitable game.
    Last edited by tyrindor; 2016-08-15 at 03:09 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    People also complain about the lore a lot, but it is really hard to do a 12 years continuous story for a whole world and a bit more for other world (10 years in game).
    That's why the original Warcraft stories were okay, they had a bit of a time skip between them.
    Imo, they should either do a time skip for the expansion after legion (10-20 in game years?, recovering from legion invasion etc. treaty between the factions) or release another singleplayer game(I would prefer a RPG over a RTS) in the Warcraft universe that before the next expansion that would set it up for the next 6-8 years of the MMO, because honestly for me that's how long the previous standalone game lore lasted (Im counting Vanilla, TBC, WotLK and MoP, not Cata)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tyrindor View Post
    From a business profit standpoint, WoW will still be getting content after we are dead just not as frequent or as big. There are much older MMOs still active. After the F2P card is played, the game will have millions and millions of more players. F2P likely won't happen for many more years still, so the game has a super long lifetime ahead of it.
    I think that during legion WoW should drop the sub thingy and then in the coming years make it so you only need the latest expansion like GW2, that would honestly work much better and would make twinking more popular too

I quit WoW @Pandaria, that was just too much Disney.
    I got back when WoD came out, even though I very much disliked and still dislike the Garrison then I quit again.
    I am now back for pre Legion and I am extremely surprised so far. The changed to PvP, Talents, Items, the Events are just great!

So Blizzards has had its ups and downs....now going up for sure!
    Cant wait to destroy the Legion with yall!!!

By Blizzard standards? It's been pretty average. By MMO standards, it's been more than.

Just meh these days. You can clearly see that they are not putting in as much effort as they do in other projects like HS and Overwatch.

Lorewise - They are doing great.

Artistwise- Extremely good.

Music -Great as Always.

Classes - in general are good.

Nothing I outright hate or like unconditionally.

What makes a good story is subjective, and some parts I like more than others.

Art style, again some parts I like more than others.

Music I don't tend to listen to actively, so can't give as fair an opinion on.
    But I can appreciate good music, even if I don't like it.

Class mechanics are always a mixed bag, something with each class I have played more significantly that I don't like so much.
    Though usually for different reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    I quit WoW @Pandaria, that was just too much Disney.
    I got back when WoD came out, even though I very much disliked and still dislike the Garrison then I quit again.
    I am now back for pre Legion and I am extremely surprised so far. The changed to PvP, Talents, Items, the Events are just great!

So Blizzards has had its ups and downs....now going up for sure!
    Cant wait to destroy the Legion with yall!!!
    I keep seeing this and keep saying... everyone who quit MoP because of Pandas... has missed the BEST (lore, raiding, world content) expansion so far. Legion looks like it could be on par with it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    I keep seeing this and keep saying... everyone who quit MoP because of Pandas... has missed the BEST (lore, raiding, world content) expansion so far. Legion looks like it could be on par with it.
    Pandaria was good because it was completely new and not seen before stuff.
    My fear with legion is that the demons are gonna get boring really fast, seeing how we've been in the whole green fel theme for the past 14 months (Tannan Jungle)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Pandaria was good because it was completely new and not seen before stuff.
    My fear with legion is that the demons are gonna get boring really fast, seeing how we've been in the whole green fel theme for the past 14 months (Tannan Jungle)
    Haven't even visitted tanaan for like a year, to forcome this.
    Next to that, legion zones are a bit like northerend, so i doubt we will get bored to quick
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Haven't even visitted tanaan for like a year, to forcome this.
    Next to that, legion zones are a bit like northerend, so i doubt we will get bored to quick
    WoD had really diverse zone both looking at the enemies and the zone theme, but people still complained too much brown orcs, and that was also after a 14 months orc themed content patch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post

I would say the opposite...
    There is no need to change classes every expansion.. We play <Insert favorite class> because we like how it's played.. When Devs change that, they rob us of our beloved class..

Story, on the other hand... WotLK was garbage.. As was MoP... TBC was epic in every aspect.. Cata was super lore and great game play.. WoD, unfortunately, was almost as bad as WotLK in gameplay and lore...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/