Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    That last exchange can be summed up as projection:
    You sound like you want IS to be following legit Islam so you have a reason to rant on about how Islam is bad.
    From this fantasy, Slant then worked up his rebuttal to an imagined enemy.

This is sadly not uncommon on these exchanges.

Wishing for Muslims to be able to drown ISIS and similar propaganda is not bitching about Islam or Muslims.
    This is often verbalized as "Islam needs reform from within". Which is not a particularly surprising way to think: every ideology is said to need reform from within.
    Questioning why they need it, and towards what end is what should shape that debating angle.
    Imagining that the "why" is because "is bad", is a radically pointless way to conduct an exchange.

That a group of people gather to say "X is bad" doesn't really mean much to anyone other than the people gathering. Big deal. The question that should follow is "what are they going to do about it". And they can do many different things. Among others: take military action, host a book club, praying, getting drunk... or propose ideological reform. This last one is what many non-Muslims would like to see, possibly because they've seen it work within their own religion. It surely is not enough to cut terrorism and propaganda, but it's a tool nonetheless.

And you're the one talking about fantasies...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Those windmills surely look menacing.
    I can only hope we'd discuss what's actually been said instead of what we think it sounds like. I do fantasize with that prospect.
    For someone who's be accused of several ideological allegiances while not actually holding them, I would imagine you'd sympathize with the sentiment.