View Poll Results: What will be Blizzard's big thing at Gamescom?

Voters
56. This poll is closed
  • Diablo III

10 17.86%
  • Heroes of the Storm

3 5.36%
  • World of Warcraft

9 16.07%
  • Starcraft II

1 1.79%
  • Overwatch

13 23.21%
  • Hearthstone

4 7.14%
  • Legacy Games (HD remakes/new content)

12 21.43%
  • New Game (Diablo IV, Warcraft IV, etc.)

11 19.64%
  • There won't be any major announcements.

16 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What will be Blizzard's big thing at Gamescom 2016?

With about 24 hours left until Blizzard reveals at least some of their shiny new content at this year's Gamescom, I'm really curious to hear what you guys think as to what they are going to announce/showcase this time.

Which of their game do you think is going to have the biggest presence this year?

Personally, I'd say Heroes of the Storm.

First of all - the most likely candidate would be something Diablo-related, but with the core members of the D3 dev team such as Josh Mosqueira, Leonard Boyarsky or John Yang leaving, I believe D3 is going into maintenance mode - i.e. no more expansions are in the works. And the new project they've been posting job offers for, seems to be quite early in the development. If anything, we might get a sneak peak at a 2.5 patch,

However... Heroes of the Storm is really interesting here.
    Obviously they are going to announce some new heroes. Also, it's been quite a while since we got a new map for HotS. And... At last year's Blizzcon, they've talked about a new game mode. Well, it would be weird to have the same thing be teased at two Blizzcons in a row, so I'd say that it's about time for Blizzard to officially show the Arena mode.

That + a map + like 2-3 heroes and possibly some other changes is going to be their big thing for this year's Gamescom.
    This is further backed by the fact that originally the "Blizzard at Gamescom" was made on the HotS site and other official sites just redirected to that article. Also, the article itself seems to mention HotS content the most.

So, what do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Andyssian View Post
    With about 24 hours left until Blizzard reveals at least some of their shiny new content at this year's Gamescom, I'm really curious to hear what you guys think as to what they are going to announce/showcase this time.

Which of their game do you think is going to have the biggest presence this year?

Personally, I'd say Heroes of the Storm.

First of all - the most likely candidate would be something Diablo-related, but with the core members of the D3 dev team such as Josh Mosqueira, Leonard Boyarsky or John Yang leaving, I believe D3 is going into maintenance mode - i.e. no more expansions are in the works. And the new project they've been posting job offers for, seems to be quite early in the development. If anything, we might get a sneak peak at a 2.5 patch,

However... Heroes of the Storm is really interesting here.
    Obviously they are going to announce some new heroes. Also, it's been quite a while since we got a new map for HotS. And... At last year's Blizzcon, they've talked about a new game mode. Well, it would be weird to have the same thing be teased at two Blizzcons in a row, so I'd say that it's about time for Blizzard to officially show the Arena mode.

That + a map + like 2-3 heroes and possibly some other changes is going to be their big thing for this year's Gamescom.
    This is further backed by the fact that originally the "Blizzard at Gamescom" was made on the HotS site and other official sites just redirected to that article. Also, the article itself seems to mention HotS content the most.

So, what do you guys think?
    Would they not be pumping out Overwatch stuff as it's their newest IP?
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    Would they not be pumping out Overwatch stuff as it's their newest IP?
    Well, I'd say it's also a possibility.
    I'd say that Overwatch will get something regardless, but it won't be their biggest "suprise" at this year's Gamescom.

Hoping it could be a Diablo 3 expansion.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

I doubt they reveal much. I would love them to make a good single player game again instead of errecting oil drilling platforms on my wallet while trying to paint me blue/gray and throwing me into the sea.

Sombra reveal for Overwatch alongside the Overwatch Bastion animated short. I don't expect anything else.

Karazhan just came out for Hearthstone, Legion is coming in 15 days, HOTS just had Auriel release and they'll save a major D3 reveal (if there is one) for BlizzCon.

Leaning towards nothing, but if they do announce something new it will most likely be for Overwatch.

If their last earnings call was any indication, I think they're trying to downplay HotS.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure my tears will be revealed after watching the Bastion short...just like most of the other Overwatch animations. :*)
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

Probably some D3 and Overwatch stuff, though I'm only interested to see HD remakes of their old games. WoW gets a new expansion in a few weeks, Hearthstone just got one, SC2 is pretty much finished, and HotS just got a new hero.

Sombra reveal or new Diablo game. Legion will be the 'we just released, have some art' like the one after cata launched', SC2 is dying on the vine and Heroes of the Storm wasn't even mentioned at the shareholders so i doubt a moba will be their big darling when the genre itself is stagnating outside the big 2.

Overwatch is their new moneymaker, hearthstone just got its new expansion so thats not going to be the big announcement this time. If its not Sombra then its gotta be that new Diablo project they have been hiring for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sombra probably, Diablo 3 expansion or Diablo 4/whatevertheDiablothingis hopefully (though either of those sound like major notes to be kept for Blizzcon). Maybe Heroes of the Storm or Hearthstone -- though I don't follow Hearthstone enough to know how often they make expansions/adventures and Kara was pretty recent right?
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

Reaper of Souls-expansion for Diablo 3 was announced at Gamescom, so it's entirely plausible that they'd announce the second one this year there as well.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Reaper of Souls-expansion for Diablo 3 was announced at Gamescom, so it's entirely plausible that they'd announce the second one this year there as well.
    Given there even is another expansion, which - in all honesty - I don't think there is.

Given there even is another expansion, which - in all honesty - I don't think there is.
    They have been hiring for a Diablo project. Given the only other game with an 'unkown' being Sombra right now odds are fair its Diablo.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    They have been hiring for a Diablo project. Given the only other game with an 'unkown' being Sombra right now odds are fair its Diablo.
    The project they are hiring for seems much more like a completely new game, not a Diablo III expansion.
    By the looks of it, it's still pretty early in development too.

The project they are hiring for seems much more like a completely new game, not a Diablo III expansion.
    By the looks of it, it's still pretty early in development too.
    All they gotta show is a "World of Sanctuary" trailer with no gameplay and people will shit the bed, it is Blizzard after all.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    All they gotta show is a "World of Sanctuary" trailer with no gameplay and people will shit the bed, it is Blizzard after all.
    Well, no doubts about that

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Umm, it was announced at Gamescom because they didn't want it to be over shadowed by announcing it at blizzcon when WoD was also being announced.

Any big announcement this year is going to be at blizzcon... That will be when they drop the "surprise", as they would simply skip blizzcon if they had nothing cool to announce(they have done it before).

Deleted
    I think Blizzard tricked me into getting addicted to HotS with a wow pet.

Bring it!

I wish there was an adventure mode like Diablo though. ^^

Or maybe... *gasp* a campaign ala Starcraft 2. Sky is the limit.

Seriously though, i'll be happy with a couple of new maps. I don't even care for more heroes. Not like theres a shortage.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2016-08-16 at 12:46 AM.

Deleted
    They will reveal next cinematic trailer for overwatch together with the new map and a new Hero

not much else
    Diablo will be saved for blizzcon if they even have anything