Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Why are you sitting at a concert?
    Because people who are respectful of those around them are sitting instead of blocking their view causing them to have to stand for 3 hours and get sore legs. If Im paying for a seat, I damn well should be able to sit in it and see the concert

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Just because you're incapable of having fun doesn't mean other people should be boring too. Standing up is a good way to tell the band you're having fun. Also not every venue allows alcohol.
    Your applause at the end of the show, tells the band you enjoyed their performance. And quite frankly, I dont think most bands give a shit if you had fun or not, they just care that you paid for a ticket so they can fatten their wallets

Quote Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
    My wife took 5 girls to see a concert. We paid $65 per ticket. They were official tickets but we bought them at face value from a friend who could not go.

They were in their seats before the show, and it was apparent that the show was not sold out. Then venue moved everybody CLOSER to the stage, but my group was also moved to the 3rd row from the top of the venue. They all said the seats were much worse than the original seats. They were $14 per ticket from the venue for the area they were moved to.

My wife complained and the venue said that they have the right to move people as stated in fine print. They said that since the seats are closer, they don't need to reimburse us..... my wife and kids said they really could not even see the artists from the new seats, but the seats we bought were just fine for seeing the show.

Cool, I get that part, but I don't think they can move people and put them in seats that cost $51 less, and NOT reimburse people for that. The venue, to date is refusing to reimburse my wife.

Small claims court next?

I have a friend who is an attorney who will draw up a letter for me, but if that doesn't work, I don't know what to do. ( I won't ask my buddy to do anything but write the letter )
    Problem number one was moving from the seat. If your wife bought a seat, and she liked it, why did she move from it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Because people who are respectful of those around them are sitting instead of blocking their view causing them to have to stand for 3 hours and get sore legs. If Im paying for a seat, I damn well should be able to sit in it and see the concert

- - - Updated - - -

Your applause at the end of the show, tells the band you enjoyed their performance. And quite frankly, I dont think most bands give a shit if you had fun or not, they just care that you paid for a ticket so they can fatten their wallets
    How dare they make a living by charging others for their product, right? Fight the power!

With Millennials, it's 100% about the feels, 100% of the time. Hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Problem number one was moving from the seat. If your wife bought a seat, and she liked it, why did she move from it?

- - - Updated - - -

How dare they make a living by charging others for their product, right? Fight the power!

With Millennials, it's 100% about the feels, 100% of the time. Hilarious.
    I never claimed they shouldnt be paid. I believe they should be paid as much as people will pay them. Im just saying they dont care if you enjoy the show or not. Their priority is to make money, not to make sure you are enjoying the show. Also Im far from being a Millenial.

My god you have such a grim outlook on life.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Teflonsavior View Post
    So you had something bad happen to you and you think crying on a video game forum helps? I don't know man, maybe go talk to real people to get sympathy? Such a first world problem anyway, you must be living a pretty happy life if this is a crisis to you.
    So, you would like paying $306 extra for seats that you did not get? I don't understand this opinion at all. Would you go to a grocery store and have them take $306 of food from your cart after paying?

15+ Year Old Account
    ISnt there an organisation that helps consumers with their rights? Like we have ACCC in Australia. Retailers here get scared when consumers threaten to go to ACCC.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    You can put anything in the fine print, but what they did was functionally theft, I don't think fine print can cover that. It's up to you if you want to spend the time to fight it though.
    This. Just cause it's in "contract" doesn't mean it's legal. You can put anything in print but it can be contested in court.

If you sign a paper that says you must give 90% of your wages to me, there is no way it will be honored in court.

They may be able to move you to a seat of equal or more value, but NEVER to something of less value. Otherwise it would be legal to pay 1,000 for primo front row seats but be moved to the back of the stadium for "reasons".

Deleted
    i wonder if there is a law that says something like companies should make a "best effort" to get you as close to what you paid for if for w/e reasons what you originally bought isn't available. (or a refund instead ofc)

They scammed you.
    Can you get creative and scam them back?
    Sure ...you could.
    Just saying.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

I thought OP said he was rich. Get a lawyer.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    And with a concert you get to be annoyed by loud people, people who stand up and block your view forcing you to stand up too and have sore legs from standing the whole concert, you get to have idiots spill beer on you, pay 5 times the regular cost for food and drink, sit in traffic for hours before and after the concert, and you get to listen to the audience sing parts of songs instead of the artist that you payed a lot of money to hear. All this for 50 tomes the price of a track on Itunes!!! What a deal!.

Concert etiquette sucks. When people go to a concert they SHOULD keep quiet, sit in their damn seats for the whole thing, and gently clap after each song. And most importantly refrain from getting drunk or high and take a damn shower before they go.
    You don't understand concerts. I got to see Kanye West do a set with just him and DJ, before it became a spectacle. I saw Les Claypool try to make the audience shit their pants by playing the brown note for 20 min. Did the chicken dance with Key Arena and Cibo Mato. Jello Beafra in a tiny dive, sweat more at over 50, than any young band I've seen. I also got to walk out on Pearl Jam twice... Priceless...

With most bands, not talking about pop really, listening to a CD is like jerking off, while a concert is actually fucking.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    The fuck you doing with 5 kids.

My two daughters and 3 of their friends, since you asked.