Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    Fans, yeah, they help so much when it's really hot. I need AC to get the room temp down to 68ºF where I live, currently it's 86 outside and it's just morning. I would be miserable if I didn't have AC. Fans don't help at all.
    They help a shit ton. Working in a welding shop isn't as bad as long as a fan is near you. And it's a hell of a lot better than being outside without one.

Quote Originally Posted by Raamm View Post
    Not in Louisiana it's there to punish because, that is cheaper and gets them off the street. Rehabilitating costs $$$ so how is one of the poorest states gonna fund that the answer is they won't.
    Actually rehabilitation is cheaper. Prisoners are expensive, and private prisons are a business. Read up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    Some people can't be rehabilitated and therefore are there to be punished. Life in prison isn't meant to "rehabilitate". What's the fucking point if they will never see outside of prison again?
    1, As it has been mentioned, not everyone is a lifer. Hell most aren't even there for more than 5 years. P.S Minimum Sentencing is fucking stupid.
    2, Even lifers can be rehabilitated to some extent. They might never leave jail again, but as people they can achieve some sense of growth, and they can help others in jail, either by example (good) or by actually doing things like social work and such within prison.

Most criminals even the worst aren't utterly beyond redemption. They literally need to be mentally deranged to be beyond help. And in that case making them needlessly suffer isn't going to achieve anything either.

At that point it's no longer about the prisoner, but about the society that confines him. A lot can be observed about a culture by the way it treats its prisoners. Being vengeful and violent and oppressive creates a feedback loop that trickles back into society at whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    They help a shit ton. Working in a welding shop isn't as bad as long as a fan is near you. And it's a hell of a lot better than being outside without one.
    Coddled comes to mind, he sounds like he would freak out without A/C haha

The problem is not everyone is there for life; also I'm sure countries in Central America with mud hut prisons have less crime than the US because they're a deterrent... wait, they don't. And if you're going to execute every single criminal instead of jailing them, then why waste money on the prison system like they already do?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Coddled comes to mind, he sounds like he would freak out without A/C haha
    Yeah, you try living in a humid subtropical climate without AC. It never really gets cold here.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking more like, and I may be getting this wrong, was it Denmark? Or Sweden? Norway? One of those places where murderers get small apartments and video games with big screen TVs.

People are not that different no matter where they live. This myth that America has such bad criminals compared to the rest of the world is just that. A myth.

That is not necessarily true. They are inside a building which insulates from the sun.

Fans also lower the temp by a whole bunch.
    that's why we encourage parents to leave kids inside cars on hot days... wait....
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    Not having A/C isn't an inhumane condition, if that was the case many citizens would be living under the same. Total joke of a notion to suggest A/C and other creature comforts are basic human rights.
    Are you actually familiar with what society labels as basic human rights and the humane treatment of others...even criminals.

If anything it would be smart for the prison to keep the A/C flowing, especially in hot state like Louisiana. Heat agitates people and makes them restless, irritable, angry. All the prison is doing to creating more problems for themselves in the long run.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I really don't understand how people are so emphatically sympathetic for criminals considering it's not that hard to just obey the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    How is not having a AC inhumane?
    because temps in a prison can get past 120F with no air movement because the prisons also lack proper ventilation to move the air. that said I don't think full AC is needed but a proper ventilation system to keep air cycled should be mandatory in every prison. even in the desert the Air moves.
    Last edited by krunksmash; 2016-08-16 at 12:09 AM.
    PC: CPU - i7-4790K, MoBo - MSI Z97 gaming 5, Memory - 16G Corsair vengeance LPX DDR3, GPU - EVGA 970 FTW edition, Storage- 1x Sandisk X400 M.2 512GB, 1X WD blue 1TB HDD, 1x WD green 1TB HDD, PSU - EVGA 550W 80+ bronze.

Right-wingers never surprise me with how sadistic they can be.

FUCK PEOPLE WHO WERE ARRESTED, DOESN'T MATTER WHAT FOR. LET 'EM FRY!

Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    that's why we encourage parents to leave kids inside cars on hot days... wait....
    Jesus what a dumb analogy. You are comparing buildings which may have purpose built insulation with a car, which is not built with any insulation in mind and also has windows on every face of it.

Do you have any earthly idea how much insulation brick and cinder blocks provide by themselves?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    Yeah, you try living in a humid subtropical climate without AC. It never really gets cold here.
    Georgia isn't to far from that. :/ Especially next to the Okefenokee Swamp.

Where do you live?

Quote Originally Posted by krunksmash View Post
    because temps in a prison can get past 120F with no air movement because the prisons also lack proper ventilation to move the air. that said I don't think full AC is needed but a proper ventilation system to keep air cycled should be mandatory in every prison even in the desert the Air moves.
    Can you provide any citation? I'm not sure I'm ready to believe they are allowing people to roast in 120 degree boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    People are not that different no matter where they live. This myth that America has such bad criminals compared to the rest of the world is just that. A myth.
    perpetuated largely by the prison industry and media of America
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.

Why don't they just kill these criminals? I hope someone answers me.

Infracted
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2016-08-16 at 01:10 AM.

Jesus what a dumb analogy. You are comparing buildings which may have purpose built insulation with a car, which is not built with any insulation in mind and also has windows on every face of it.

Do you have any earthly idea how much insulation brick and cinder blocks provide by themselves?
    A giant building made of concrete without real windows. okay, in my analogy we'll roll the windows down an inch or two.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Why don't they just kill these criminals? I hope someone answers me.

Lets start with those that wish death upon others.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Georgia isn't to far from that. :/ Especially next to the Okefenokee Swamp.

Where do you live?
    Taipei currently.
    Last edited by Nitro Fun; 2016-08-16 at 12:14 AM.