Do you have to upgrade every Timeless Isle piece with burdens for wardrobe?

There are 9 different sets of Timeless Isle gear: 2 cloth, 2 leather, 2 mail and 3 plate. Does anyone know if you have to use a burden of eternity on every single piece to unlock a different color item in the wardrobe? The search for this doesn't seem to work very well and isn't pulling up the mog for burdened items. For instance I made the plate dps boots cliffbreaker and thats all I saw in my wardrobe, when I used a burden of eternity on it, it added another cliffbreaker boot for 2 different ones.

Just wondering if anyone else has been messing with this. Counting 9 items for 9 sets would be 81 burdens of eternity, that's a tall order! lol.

If you scroll down to Timeless Armor: BoA Gear on this thread you can see all the sets.

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=1902/wo...-timeless-isle

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sadly, yes.

Deleted
    Don't try to collect all of them. Waste of lifetime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Luckely I "only" have to collect 18 as I play one char and only care for leather transmog, as he can't have cloth mail or plate displayed in the transmog collection.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

No, luckily you don't need to. At least according to Legion Wardrobe addon, if you have 496 version learned - 535 is displayed as 'learned from different item', but it's same model. Checked only few, so i may be wrong in some cases, but i assume it works same way for all timeless items.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shifuren View Post
    No, luckily you don't need to. At least according to Legion Wardrobe addon, if you have 496 version learned - 535 is displayed as 'learned from different item', but it's same model. Checked only few, so i may be wrong in some cases, but i assume it works same way for all timeless items.
    I think you can cover all the looks without having to burden anything. The timeless plate set for dps shares looks with the basic tank set and the timeless tank set shares looks with the first tier of mop valor gear / msv. Haven't checked for cloth/leather/mail but I assume it's similar.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla