10+ Year Old Account

UH - Clunky and Squishy

It may be due to being designed for artifacts/110, but I find that first off... The spec feels weird now. Lots of rune lock downtime. Very little synergy. I loved the balancing of SS/FS to keep dots up.. Now it's just resetting VP and juggling festers. That, on top of death coil behaving in a weird way with pet focus.

I also feel like I get wrecked a lot easier, and that paired with Death Strike now being part of runic power instead of runes.. Before, I could sacrifice DPS to heal. Now I have to spend 2-3 rounds of runes to get a pithy heal. Am I missing something or is it just pre-legion awkwardness?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    With enough haste the rotation is smooth and engaging. The self healing is awful though.

Fire mages have a stronger and more usable self heal than dps dks at 110. Despite having strong and varied self heal/leech options since our inception, like one might imagine a death caster would, that part of our ~class fantasy~ somehow worked itself out.

That said UH has debatably the most fun and varied talent combinations in the game, giving lots of options for rune regen and speeding up the play if you choose. That part Gets Way Better.
    Last edited by insanejudge; 2016-08-16 at 08:34 AM.

You have to kill stuffs to heal up via your free DS. XD (I go Blood when I want to solo hard Elite anyway)

That aside, UH has one of the most fun and engaging rotations in the game

With enough haste the unholy dk rotation is way quicker and there isn't as much downtime at all. Instead of sustained dmg we now are leaning towards being a very bursty st and aoe spec. Unholy isn't a blow all cd really quick spec. Since you are talking about pvp you probably don't have a lot of haste, so I can see why you think that unholy is clunky. You are spot on with the slow part though, dks are slow as fuck and it got even worse after the da passive was removed. I log onto my dk main after playing my dh for a few days and holy crap we are definitely the slowest class in the game.

I hate when people use the word clunky. There's nothing awkward or outdated about the spec. It's one of the best DPS toolkits out there right now, and basing any end all opinions on pre-patch is negligible at best. If you don't have access to beta, I can assure you, that with the correct gearing/stats that at 110, there's no shortage of engaging or enthralling fights with this spec in either of the current raids. Except maybe the giant vagina fight. Sooo many spread out adds.Anyway, the point is, stop basing your total opinion on how a spec will operate via pre-patch, it's meaningless. I promise, it get's better. Just picking up Apocalypse will change things.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.