Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Jesus fucking Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    This is why feminist ideas of "rape culture" and "listen and believe" should be seen for the dangerous, evil nonsense that they are

Meanwhile:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-justice-judge

Juries have no place at rape trials – victims deserve unprejudiced justice

One potential solution to this worrying state of affairs is to do away with jurors in sex crime trials, and appoint a specially trained judge. I am wholly in favour of our jury system, but even more in favour of ensuring that rapists and other sex offenders do not walk free. New Zealand could be the first country to rid sex crime cases of jurors if one key recommendation from a recently published report by its Law Commission is implemented. The commissioners have suggested that there is a case for having sexual violence trials decided by a judge, either alone or with two expert “lay assessors”.
    It's actually mystifying to see an argument for removing juries from any kind of crime trial. What a time to be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    It's actually mystifying to see an argument for removing juries from any kind of crime trial. What a time to be alive.
    Juries have a few big problems. Emotions and being impressed by good acting instead of hard evidence are just two of them. Having trained professionals that have a healthy amount of common sense and cynicism developed in the field certainly is an improvement to just blindly telling 12 guys about the anguish a victim felt and then expecting them to make a sound judgement. Whenever I see some lawyer make a drama case and people breaking out in tears, I see Justitia wishing she wasn't blind just so she could cover her eyes with a facepalm again for effect.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zakaryy View Post
    You decide to ALMOST ruin a man's life, your own father's life.
    I may not be entirely 'almost', his name could be associated with these rape allegations in google searches which may impair future job searches, relations with friends might already be over, it's not unheard of be dismissed from your job simply because of these allegations.

It's seriously such a fucked up thing to do, not only to the guy in question, but to people who have actually been raped. I'm so annoyed.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

MMO-champ: See? The feminists are destroying the world, rape doesn't exist in the western world etc
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Juries have a few big problems. Emotions and being impressed by good acting instead of hard evidence are just two of them. Having trained professionals that have a healthy amount of common sense and cynicism developed in the field certainly is an improvement to just blindly telling 12 guys about the anguish a victim felt and then expecting them to make a sound judgement. Whenever I see some lawyer make a drama case and people breaking out in tears, I see Justitia wishing she wasn't blind just so she could cover her eyes with a facepalm again for effect.
    And a single judge is more resistant to that kind of shit why? Last I checked, we have a history of judges falling for stories and wanting to make examples of those on trial. Doesn't exactly sound like even handed justice is guaranteed with a single judge.

But, fuck it. Why only sex crimes? In fact, why have supreme courts with multiple judges? We only need one.

Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    That's actually pretty terrifying.
    Try reading the comment section....
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I may not be entirely 'almost', his name could be associated with these rape allegations in google searches which may impair future job searches, relations with friends might already be over, it's not unheard of be dismissed from your job simply because of these allegations.

It's seriously such a fucked up thing to do, not only to the guy in question, but to people who have actually been raped. I'm so annoyed.
    There just needs to be a penalty for false rape accusations - something like mandatory 200 hours of community service doing cleaning work etc

Right now, there is no disincentive to trying to destroy innocent men's lives with false rape accusations - especially when feminists applaud doing so

And a single judge is more resistant to that kind of shit why? Last I checked, we have a history of judges falling for stories and wanting to make examples of those on trial. Doesn't exactly sound like even handed justice is guaranteed with a single judge.

But, fuck it. Why only sex crimes? In fact, why have supreme courts with multiple judges? We only need one.
    Or you can hyperbole and just go the other extreme without actually giving my post a thought.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Or you can hyperbole and just go the other extreme without actually giving my post a thought.
    Right. The ever nebulous training.

There just needs to be a penalty for false rape accusations - something like mandatory 200 hours of community service doing cleaning work etc

Right now, there is no disincentive to trying to destroy innocent men's lives with false rape accusations - especially when feminists applaud doing so
    200 hours of community service? Sheesh, two problems I have with that. 1. It's way not enough of a punishment for someone who knows very well how fucked up a rape allegation can be for someone else and 2. You really do not want to deter rape victims from seeking help, so punishing "false accusers" inevitably also leads to the situation where a rape victim accuses someone (who actually is guilty), who might be acquitted based on innocent until proven guilty and then she's suddenly in the spotlight herself, possibly facing charges of false accusation with a punishment on her record. We have enough problems getting them to report rapes and being able to prove it, we do not want it to be more difficult.

Alas, rape cases by their very nature are very personal and intimate crimes. And those routinely are among the hardest to uncover properly. We're a long, long way off a perfect solution. The best course of action I can see is take it out of the public spotlight. Don't have trials be reported about in the press. At least not when they're ongoing. That way at least you might be able to lower the number of copycats and remove it as a platform for feminists to abuse for their personal agendas...

- - - Updated - - -

Right. The ever nebulous training.
    Should we do the exercise? Summarize in one sentence what my point was. Go ahead, I dare you.

Just recently, in Norway, three men were acquitted from gang-raping a young girl, by a jury, because several of them were Christians and didn't want to destroy these young men's lives by sending them to prison. Also because she was drunk, at a party, on drugs that they supplied and pressured her to take. Not the behavior of a proper, young lady. Such beastly conduct makes desire to have a foursome with random, older guys plausible.

Now, I don't think important matters should be decided by a single person, but a group of mindless morons can do a lot of damage as well.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    If I was the father, I would disown her. This girl is sick in the head to make up this story. I also hope she gets punished under the law.

200 hours of community service? Sheesh, two problems I have with that. 1. It's way not enough of a punishment for someone who knows very well how fucked up a rape allegation can be for someone else and 2. You really do not want to deter rape victims from seeking help, so punishing "false accusers" inevitably also leads to the situation where a rape victim accuses someone (who actually is guilty), who might be acquitted based on innocent until proven guilty and then she's suddenly in the spotlight herself, possibly facing charges of false accusation with a punishment on her record. We have enough problems getting them to report rapes and being able to prove it, we do not want it to be more difficult.

Alas, rape cases by their very nature are very personal and intimate crimes. And those routinely are among the hardest to uncover properly. We're a long, long way off a perfect solution. The best course of action I can see is take it out of the public spotlight. Don't have trials be reported about in the press. At least not when they're ongoing. That way at least you might be able to lower the number of copycats and remove it as a platform for feminists to abuse for their personal agendas...

- - - Updated - - -

Should we do the exercise? Summarize in one sentence what my point was. Go ahead, I dare you.
    Pretending one person can't be leveraged emotionally like 12 people can.

Also, that trying not to deter rape victims thing is already failing. I'm pretty sure a lot avoid coming out because of the gigantic magnifying glass activists have shoved over rape trials. Side by side with shit cases like the one in the op keeping lying a good possibility. Fuck, women have lied about being raped to avoid getting in trouble for being late to work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Just recently, in Norway, three men were acquitted from gang-raping a young girl, by a jury, because several of them were Christians and didn't want to destroy these young men's lives by sending them to prison. Also because she was drunk, at a party, on drugs that they supplied and pressured her to take. Not the behavior of a proper, young lady. Such beastly conduct makes desire to have a foursome with random, older guys plausible.

Now, I don't think important matters should be decided by a single person, but a group of mindless morons can do a lot of damage as well.
    And judges have made the same kind of absurd judgement calls completely on their own.

Oh boy! This is so screwed up!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Wish I knew the actual truth of these cases so much could've happened. The father could've raped the daughter but the daughter decided she didn't want to see her dad in jail so she recanted. It could be just like she says. Who to believe? What to believe?
    The sheer stupidity of this post is staggering.

Deleted
    And this case, ladies and gentlemen, is why we have "innocent until proven guilty" anchored in western judicial trials.
    They are working on it.
    Meanwhile:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-justice-judge

Juries have no place at rape trials – victims deserve unprejudiced justice

One potential solution to this worrying state of affairs is to do away with jurors in sex crime trials, and appoint a specially trained judge. I am wholly in favour of our jury system, but even more in favour of ensuring that rapists and other sex offenders do not walk free. New Zealand could be the first country to rid sex crime cases of jurors if one key recommendation from a recently published report by its Law Commission is implemented. The commissioners have suggested that there is a case for having sexual violence trials decided by a judge, either alone or with two expert “lay assessors”.

I hope the evil bitch is proud of herself. Not only did she destroy her relationship with her father, she completely and utterly demolished her entire family's relationship with each other. This kind of shit doesn't just affect her life and her dad's life but also everyone they know and care about. And whether she realizes it or not, she pretty much fucked up her own life forever over a stupid, evil and petty attempt at "revenge" because her daddy wouldn't let her be the fucked up party girl she wanted to be.

This is also why rape cases can't be allowed to go to trial on the victim's word alone and no proof or evidence beyond that. Remember the Salem Witch trials? Nowadays if you want to destroy someone's life with no personal consequences, you accuse them of rape instead of practicing witchcraft

Deleted
    Juries have a few big problems.
    yeah but from their focus and, Heh, slant Its beyond clear that they are trying to warp justice, not protect it.

What is the punishment for a false rape accusation?

I'd imagine people like this ought to be locked up.
    Yet on the other side, I could clearly see people saying having a punishment for a false claim would only discourage actual raped women to come forward in fear of no one believing her and being thrown in jail on top of it.