POC-only "Safe Spaces"

http://www.dailywire.com/news/8259/p...-james-barrett

The social justice "safe space" movement took another step "forward" this week with several college students proudly announcing that they were looking for non-white roommates. "People of color are allowed to create safe POC only spaces," one minority student said when called out for the overt racism. "It is not reverse racism or discriminatory, it is self[-]preservation."

The idea was encouraged by a female Latina student, who said on Facebook that anyone looking for a roommate should contact her — but not any white people. The roommate invitation, she made clear, was "POC only," explaining, "I don’t want to live with any white folks."

"People of color are allowed to create safe POC only spaces," she wrote. "It is not reverse racism or discriminatory, it is self preservation [sic]. Reverse racism isn’t a thing."

"We don’t want to have to tiptoe around fragile white feelings in a space where we just want to relax and be comfortable,” added one Women's Studies major in defense of racially exclusive safe spaces. "I could live with white people, but I would be far more comfortable living with other poc."

The Claremont Independent's Elliot Dordick notes that two resident assistants eventually got into the debate to defend anti-white safe spaces. One of the RAs, a Black Student Union member, wrote, "White people have cause [sic] so much mf trauma on these campuses … why in the world would I want to live with that? Bring that into my home? A place that is supposed to be safe for me?"

The other RA, an Africana Studies major, blamed white people for creating a "toxic environment" that requires minorities to "protect themselves." Here's the charming post that ends with the RA shutting down any further "dialogue" on the issue:
    “White people always mad when they don’t feel included but at the end of the day y’all are damaging asf [sic] and if a POC feels they need to protect themselves from that toxic environment THEY CAN! Quick to try to jump on a POC but you won’t call your friends out when they’re being racist asf [sic]. I’m not responding to NO comments and NOPE I don’t wanna have a dialogue.”
    I think we should turn these quotes around for a second and see how they sound, shall we?

"White people are allowed to create safe whites-only spaces. It is not racism or discriminatory, it is self-preservation."
    The roommate invitation, she made clear, was "Whites only," explaining, "I don’t want to live with any colored folks."
    "We don’t want to have to tiptoe around fragile black feelings in a space where we just want to relax and be comfortable”
    "I could live with black people, but I would be far more comfortable living with other whites."
    "Colored people have caused so much mf trauma on these campuses … why in the world would I want to live with that? Bring that into my home? A place that is supposed to be safe for me?"
    "Black people always mad when they don’t feel included but at the end of the day y’all are damaging as fuck and if a white person feels they need to protect themselves from that toxic environment THEY CAN! Quick to try to jump on a white person but you won’t call your friends out when they’re being racist as fuck. I’m not responding to NO comments and NOPE I don’t wanna have a dialogue.”

These phrases may as well have come straight out of the 1960's Jim Crow south. Why is it socially acceptable to be overtly racist against white people these days?
    CPU: Intel i7 3770K Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V PRO GPU: 2X Asus GTX 770 OC SLI Heatsink: Hyper 212 EVO RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 1600mhz SSD: 120Gb Samsung 840 EVO HDD: WD 2tb Caviar Black PSU: Corsair HX850 Case: CM HAF 932 Advanced

Oh look it's this again, wasn't there this thread already that got closed?

Black people safezones. Thanks Obama.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why would you want to live with anyone like that anyways? You're dodging a bullet when they announce it like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    race thread that has been closed 2 times previously

closing