This is why we have a trash problem

So had to order a charge port for a Dell laptop. This is the box it came in.

This is why we have such a trash problem in this world. They could've easily just put this in a padded envelope.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

My favorites are when you need to order a $2 part and the shipping is $8.

any kind of electronic part needs to be put in a box with some form of padding...have you seen how mail is manhandled?

But yes, over packaging is a problem. But it's usually either due to a lazy worker, mis managed logistical supplies, or it just being plain cheaper to have only 5 box size variations instead of 15.

Fast food seems over packaged to me.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    I think our reliance on paper is also a huge issue. There are a lot of professions (legal, health) that are shockingly still paper bound at this point. Getting them digitized would help massively.

To give a specific example, I was recently named the administrator of an estate. This mean getting two documents from the court; one showing that the person was in fact dead, and a second showing that I was the administrator. I needed official copies of these documents for the deceased's bank, credit card, condo association, stock broker, 401(k) administrator, health savings account, cell phone, and cable company. I always had to mail a copy, then I'd receive back another mail with forms to complete, then finally (for the assets I sold) a check in the mail. Massive amount of paper, took months. How it should work ideally:

1. Court keeps public record of death certificate and my appointment.
    2. I go online, identify myself, everyone's able to access the court record and confirm my appointment. Done in 5 minutes.
    Yeah I try to buy ebooks as much as possible. They're cheaper than the paper books at my universities book store and less heavy.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano