Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLamp View Post
    I would love a ranged plate wearer.
    This is what I think unholy should have been especially with all the necromancer similarities, hell give another use to int plate.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    Blizzard are currently making a gap between skillfull casuals, and skillfull hardcores, because, lets be honest here, you don't need skill to go up into raiding, just basic knowledge, casual players are currently blocked by this huge wall, this wall is called the time sink wall, which is NOT what the casuals want.

Bard, as a mail class. Gods, they were cool in EQ. They were so much harder to play optimally than every other class, in hindsight it was sort of WoW-like.

A magic using tank with melee 10 yard ranged spells.

The classes other spec will be a melee dps with 30 yard melee range.

But in all seriousness. we haven't had a new ranged class in ages. New healers and tanks and plenty of Melee additions.

I used to think that Blizz had covered pretty much anything a ranged class could do but a lot of their changes for class setups in WoD and especially Legion convinced me that they can think up of a new ranged class.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-08-16 at 05:49 PM.

No and melee classes should be buffed

Deleted
    Give us the Sand Caster! 100% increased chance to invade Sweden.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I'd rather they add specs to existing classes. All the interesting classes have been done now, last thing we need is something like tinker becoming a thing (A class that basically exists in the form of gnome/goblin hunters with engineering.).

Ranged DPS paladin is something that's always been desired for example.

Guild wars has a ranged physical bard class (paragon). Also filled a unique role in that they were ranged but not entirely: like 15-25 yards. Depends on your preference of chucking spears vs playing a harp.

There's so many ranged classes right now and it appears that melee is such an after though in all raid fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Odintdk View Post
    I would like to see NO MORE NEW CLASSES, thank you.
    Same here.

They don't even need new classes, but they could introduce more specs to some classes.
    Warlock - Vampire spec. Healing spec that uses their health to heal others and drains to heal themselves
    Hunter - Mechanic spec. Gain access to mechanical pets and the class places turrets, barriers, etc..

I'm not saying these have to be THE specs, these were just off the top of my head. Just pointing out that we don't necessarily need a full on new class to add more to the game.

I'd like to see Necromancer class. People will say "we have shadow priest and affli warlock", but yeah - we had demo warlock and we have Demon Hunter now.
    Necromancer would be a DoT caster. He'd either summon minions and buff them or just be an affli warlock that'd rely on stealing life and buffing. A lot cooldowns. Hero class, starting at 110 level in Scholomance.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I'd rather they add specs to existing classes. All the interesting classes have been done now, last thing we need is something like tinker becoming a thing (A class that basically exists in the form of gnome/goblin hunters with engineering.).

Ranged DPS paladin is something that's always been desired for example.
    I wholeheartedly disagree that a tinker can't exist with engineering in the game already.

To use an example I thought of earlier, blacksmith can co-exist with warriors.

Engineering is basically a parachute cloak at this point. Not even grenades anymore (because of the overlap with potions), but engineering used to be hella fun in battle grounds. It would be a way to bring back the engineering playstyle without fucking everybody over.

To answer OP, yes and no. I'd love something that plays like a ranged Gazlowe from HotS, but most of all I want a clearer distinction between melee and ranged specs in raids. Currently it's just like picking a difficulty and nobody wants to pick hard!

Yes, for fucks sake, please add a caster!
    GM of <Invictus>
    Co-Founder of www.classicwow.live
    Co-Author of the Navak & Egregious 1-60 Horde & Alliance Leveling Guide
    Discord: Egregious#7439
    Twitch
    YouTube

Deleted
    Mail tinker class?

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd go for:
    #1 - Necromancer (cloth)
    #2 - Tinker (mail)
    Both of the above would need to be really distinct from existing classes to be worth adding.
    Necromancer would be easy - with destructible CC (Bone Prison, Bone Wall), bone spells (physical damage), focus on controlling an army of skeletal undead, and more developed diseases and/or curses.
    D2's Necromancer and the more "soul" side of D3's Witch Doctor are plenty of inspiration.
    Tinker would be harder, because it would need to feel different from a Hunter with Mechanical pet & Engineering - it would need some unique mechanics: temporary vehicles like Shredders come to mind.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2016-08-16 at 06:24 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Shockadins confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by syom View Post
    Hey,

i was wondering if you people like the idea of a new class that is ranged. the last 3 new classes we're all melee (death knight, monk, demon hunter). personally i would really like to see a new caster in the game.
    As someone who has preferred spellcasters since, well, forever, I would LIKE to say yes, but at the same time, we pretty much have all the bases covered, and there's a lot of overlap with what we already have, like Fire/Destro, Shadow/Affliction (though admittedly, they've done a pretty good job differentiating Shadow from Affliction, mechanically).

Fire spellcaster? Check. Twice. (Fire/Destruction, plus a partial considering how much of Elemental's damage comes from Fire.
    Ice spellcaster? Check. (Frost, plus a partial considering you can spec Elemental into using a decent bit of Frost damage now)
    Lightning spellcaster? Check. (Elemental)
    Shadow spellcaster? Check. Twice. (Shadow/Affliction, plus a partial if we include Demonology, though they've mechanically different.
    Minion summoner? Check. (Demonology)
    Pure magic caster? Check. (Arcane)
    Celestial spellcaster? Check. (Balance)

There's not much left.

We could have a Pure DPS spellcaster that utilizes the Holy Light, but that overlaps with Discipline, despite it being technically a healer.

We could have a spellcaster devoted to the manipulation of Time, but there there's not much room for offense there. It'd be more of a support/control spec, which there really isn't room for in WoW these days. I'd like to see Arcane get more Time magic.

We could have a spellcaster dedicated to dealing damage with Earth magic, but I'd rather see Elemental shaman get more Earth stuff. They are the Elementalists, after all.

There is a decent bit of room left for a Necromancer, but Blizzard's stance on that seems pretty adamant on keeping that Unholy's territory. It could be a minion spec (obviously) which would overlap with Demonology. It could use shadow DoTs, which overlap with Shadow/Affliction, and Frost direct damage, which overlaps with Frost). It would essentially play like a combination of established specs.

There's also room for Voodoo using Troll lore as a foundation, but it would mechanically overlap with Affliction, more than likely.

Anything else I come up with would be alterations of existing specs. Like a true, DoT-heavy fire spec that utilizes channeled spells instead of nukes? Or maybe introduce water damage rather than pure frost. Using one of my favorite build's in Rift (thematically, that is. It's not really a viable spec) that combines the Warden and Cabalist soul trees to be a DoT heavy build based on the concept of "Dark Water."

The biggest problem is coming up with stuff that fits within established Warcraft lore that doesn't overlap too heavily with existing specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Necromancer or bust.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Necromancer is a perfect choice for new class - caster, potential pure dps and could generate hype like Demon Hunter or Death Knight. Lack of third mail class isn't a problem, hunter is still most popular class.