Jewelcrafting (Legion)?

I've heard that it's very easy to acquire all plans for Jewelcrafting in Legion (believe it was a YouTube video by Mmrrggll from a month ago), but on WoWhead it appears as though tons of quests and rep is required. Could anyone shed some light on this? Is it a pain to gain recipes for the gems/rings/necks and so forth, or is it really very quick?

Deleted
    You get all 1-star recipes through quests at 100, 102, 104, 106, 108 and 110. Last one gives you an additional vendor in the Dalaran Jewelcrafting shop that sells all remaining 1-star recipes.

2-star recipes can also mostly be bought in the same shop. 2 of them come from the sewers (PvP currency required) and some (2 i think also) from dungeon drops.

3-star recipes come from either Reputation-gated vendors, dungeon drops, 1 you can even fish up.

Getting the recipes is not the problem, getting the mats for them, though... For example: I had to prospect more than 2,000 leystone ore and more than 1,500 felslate to get the 4 large yellow gems to make the priest neck (ilvl 815, upgradable). JC has become THE go-to profession for masochists who love being at the complete mercy of RnG through prospecting.

6 gems, small and large, that's 12 possible outcomes and around 30% of all prospects (5-ore) give you nothing at all (you can vendor the shards you get). If you really want to specifically get one, you might enjoy having to farm ore for several hours straight just to find out at the end of it: You didn't get the color you want at all.

No transumtes of colors either!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    You get all 1-star recipes through quests at 100, 102, 104, 106, 108 and 110. Last one gives you an additional vendor in the Dalaran Jewelcrafting shop that sells all remaining 1-star recipes.

2-star recipes can also mostly be bought in the same shop. 2 of them come from the sewers (PvP currency required) and some (2 i think also) from dungeon drops.

3-star recipes come from either Reputation-gated vendors, dungeon drops, 1 you can even fish up.

Getting the recipes is not the problem, getting the mats for them, though... For example: I had to prospect more than 2,000 leystone ore and more than 1,500 felslate to get the 4 large yellow gems to make the priest neck (ilvl 815, upgradable). JC has become THE go-to profession for masochists who love being at the complete mercy of RnG through prospecting.

6 gems, small and large, that's 12 possible outcomes and around 30% of all prospects (5-ore) give you nothing at all (you can vendor the shards you get). If you really want to specifically get one, you might enjoy having to farm ore for several hours straight just to find out at the end of it: You didn't get the color you want at all.

No transumtes of colors either!
    Did they completely lost their minds? How can they pull such a thing off when they also increase the number of sockets in gear?

Thanks, very informative reply!
    Not hugely optimistic if prospecting is really that bollocks, but I guess we'll see what happens. In any case, I'll stick with JC as planned.

Deleted
    Is JC as easy to make money with as in MoP? Does most gear have slots and such? I'm really a casual, so please answer in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie Mee View Post
    Is JC as easy to make money with as in MoP? Does most gear have slots and such? I'm really a casual, so please answer in that direction.
    From what I have been reading the crafted neck will be BiS for for most raiders before the first raid comes out. I would imagine you could at least make some gold off that.

Personally not sure which pieces of gear are able to have sockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Aux View Post
    From what I have been reading the crafted neck will be BiS for for most raiders before the first raid comes out. I would imagine you could at least make some gold off that.

Personally not sure which pieces of gear are able to have sockets.
    Crafted gear in every slot will be BiS for everyone until the first raid comes out, it goes up to 850 and there's no other source of anything over 840 until raids open. Mythic+ won't be available until raids open either.