Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    Think most are overestimating how much the other melee classes utility bring...
    Totally, I mean look at warriors, what do we bring ? Commanding shout ? Like that's gonna help survive a boss mechanic. 25% movement speed is insane, even 10% is very good.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tykus View Post
    It's not really just utility, that's just a factor. Why bring a WW if a rogue can do the job(s) better? And if you've got plenty of leather wearers already, why pick a monk over a non leather melee? They aren't bad... they just fit weirdly?

Sorta like rogue>non leather>WWmonk , if the raid is already set, and just needs to fill last slots, WW monk will fit easily.
    Really depends on your realm and faction and thus how large the player pool is you can choose from. Would you rather not raid due to lack of players/DPS than bring a WW monk? How hard must an encounter mechanic be that you rather cheese it with a badly played rogue than playing the fight properly with a well played WW monk? Would you risk losing a player, potentially a friend, from your roster by telling him "go rogue or sit on the bench forever"?

Yes, if you are in a situation in which raids have plenty of different players, classes and specs to choose from while not caring about any social factors at all, WW monks have a harder time to find a group than rogues due to rogues' utility being easier to use to cheese mechanics (WW utility isn't as bad as people claim btw, it's just not quite as super easy to use as rogue or DK utility). I'd guess that mostly PUGs and raids with bad leaders are in a position in which they can or will choose class/spec over a good (relative to the raid) player. So I'd say that WWs don't have to worry about not getting into a raid appropriate for their skill level in the long run.
    "We pave the sunlit path toward justice together, brick by brick. This is my brick." - Tim Cook, CEO of Apple

Armory: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman
    WoWProgress: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    does the legendary ring actually give everyone a 25% speed buff because I would've assumed it only applied to the monk and the rest receive 10% still.

it gives it to everyone within range atm

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thats kind of the point to it. If it wanted to increase just your movement speed it would say so.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

It's funny how every expansion the conversation of a classes raid utility comes up. Blizzard has specifically tried to move away from you need x class because of something they provide that other classes cant.

For 90% of people who raid, bringing the absolutely ideal comp to every encounter makes very little difference. The guilds rushing for world firsts really need to optimize their raid as they are usually much less geared than the majority of the population when they are clearing encounters. They clear content weeks/months before the majority of the player base.

Most guilds are better off just bringing players who are raid aware and can pull good numbers on the classes they play.

I have a few melee in my guild who have slow reaction times. That extra little bit helps on fights where melee need to move out in a hurry. Granted all melee classes have mobility, not all melee can use them right.

Quote Originally Posted by kalaratic View Post

it gives it to everyone within range atm
    oh damn, that is very impressive. Before hand utility did seem like something to be concerned about but now I'd be more worried about it getting nerfed lol. thats damn strong.