Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Would be more cool if i had 3 consistant friends to play with

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

15+ Year Old Account
    Well It's obvious Kojima has gone and now they're trying to cash in on this shit. "Let's be out there and different like Kojima was, the fans love that" and then they come up with this bullshit.

It should be a new IP not fucking MGS.

I'm a huge MG fan, in nearly 30 years of playing games they remain my favourite and still i cannot say i am upset or surprised by this shameless cash in.

But i cannot help but wonder how creatively void they are that zombie survival is a good idea after all the flops Capcoms had with the exact same format.

Still all the tweens going "OMG YES, HYPE!" on the trailers comments reaffirm my opinion of the shit taste of todays youth

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    And so it begins...

It looks as polished as you'd expect from the FOX engine, but the fact that it's a completely pointless addition to the IP seems pretty obvious. You could put this anywhere in the canon, or shift the branding to whatever you want and no one could be able to tell. There's little to distract from the fact that it's a left for dead knock off wearing the most popular IP the company can muster.

Might have niche appeal to those who like four-player zombie survival games, but I'd be surprised if it isn't DOA.
    As silly as it is the Monster Rancher esque "sucked into a paralell world with the ruins of motherbase" is an interestign enough hook. We've had Snake fight a Rathalos from Monster Hunter before and it was fine.

But why zombies?

Besides the fact its the easiest AI to produce with a "see player, move to melee range and attack" AI that requires the lowest amount of work to produce.

No Kojima = No interest from me. Just from the trailer it looks like a soulless cash-in (not to mention the concept seems pretty ridiculous, even for Metal Gear and that says a lot).

10+ Year Old Account
    So pretty much the soldier microbots went out of control and took over bodys.

Looks lame.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I think this video sums up my feelings about buying this or any other Konami game.

Why do they think this is even a good idea when the zombie horde games are finally dying off. I think it would take L3D3 to revive the Zombie Horde games.

#FuckKonami.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    I'll have 3 of those!

Deleted
    They have the FOX engine, one of the best engines ever, and they are releasing this crap...

I'm guessing the pachinko machines are generating enough money to be shredded like this.

Think TB himself can sum this up well for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks like a fucking awful generic survival coop game. Which is not what metal gear should be. As soon as I saw the stupid vortex I knew I was thinking "Yeah, no done..". Metal Gear is going to be driven into the ground now.

It would be FINE if it was an addon for metal gear solid V's multiplayer. But it's not. It's going to be a standalone game it looks like.

Metal Gear Solid 1: GENE
    Metal Gear Solid 2: MEME
    Metal Gear Solid 3: SCENE
    Metal Gear Solid 4: SENSE
    Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker: PEACE
    Metal Gear Solid 5: REVENGE

METAL GEAR SURVIVE: SHOOT THE ZOMBERS GET YOUR DARYL FROM WALKING DEAD SKIN AND CROSSBOW WEAPON FOR THE MULTIPLAYER ONLY WHEN YOU PREORDER NOW FROM GAMESTOP
    Guest starring: "The Skulls Parasite Unit" "Pyramid Head" "Zombie Unicorn Metal Gear Zeke"
    Last edited by Mister Cheese; 2016-08-17 at 05:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Metal Gear Survive

Not too sure what to think about this, but here is what we have so far:

PC Gamer Article

It's interesting to see the extremely mixed feelings about this game. Personally, I don't care if they make more MGS without Kojima, but I really do think the 'zombie-hunter/survival' genre is overdone.

Also current price upon release is likely to be ~$30.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, noooope. Nope nope nope. /nope

7+ Year Old Account
    Konami yet again shows that they don't give a shit about their fans or franchises.

To be fair, the premise of this game is silly enough to be something Kojima came up with.

But I expect this to be about as well received as RE: Umbrella Corps. In that it gets pretty shit reviews and nobody plays it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently I should have done a bit more looking before I made my own thread lol. Really unsure how I feel about another zombie game, but I am okay if they want to drag this IP through the dirt and ruin what's left of it.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

So they did not see the major flop that was umbrella corps? I'm sure this will be better but still.

Could they at least use the same enemies like the ones that the Skulls unit would take over? No? Ok, crystal zombies it is

Fuck this game. They made it in less than a year and it's nothing at all that anyone ever asked for or wants, hope it tanks completely.

Deleted
    Best reaction video so far: