Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Legion is around the corner, less then 2 weeks away and yet zero sign of any tv promotion towards legion.
    Has WoW dropped down so low of number that they even stopped doing proper advertising?
    Why? Because more and more people are canceling traditional tv service in favor of streaming tv shows and movies through the internet which by and large do not have commercials. The market is changing and as such the advertising is changing too. Please stop making these bullshit threads. What makes this even more laughable is there is a fucking ad all over the background of this site for Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

There is still plenty of fish to get from tv audience.
    Even Overwatch had it. Would be ashame to see them skipping it this year. Just like how they stopped making celebrity tv spot commercials.
    Only means bad for WoW sadly.
    I assure you the people in charge of advertising at Blizzard know exactly how to do their job and have every ability to determine where and how they should advertise their products. Jesus christ is there anything Blizzard does that you people won't complain about?

Avg age of tv viewers is like 65. This isnt their target audience. Tech savvy people are even less likely to watch tv. Its not worth the money. I see ads online all the time. They know what theyre doing.

I would also suggest advertising tends to blow out in the 4 weeks FOLLOWING release rather than preceding it. i would imagine they also don't want to encourage the en-mass return like they experienced with WoD which did not go so well in the long run and negatively impacted on experiencce. The limited marketing indicates they have the numbers they want already - they likely are also wanting to be more targeted to twitch/YouTube. TV will still be used because heaps of people still watch tv. (Present company ie Internet posting folk, are not such people nor are they representive of the whole population)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimnakh View Post
    Avg age of tv viewers is like 65. This isnt their target audience. Tech savvy people are even less likely to watch tv. Its not worth the money. I see ads online all the time. They know what theyre doing.
    Made up stat. Age is likely closer to 50 than 60.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...or-old-people/
    Data is 2 years old but doubt a shift of 20 years....

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Do the target market of blizz games still watch the TV medium? aren't we all about digital / streaming???
    Nope, certainly not enough to justify the cost. Theyd spend 3$ for every 1$ they got back. Grands and gramps arent likey to sign up for a bill to play a fantasy mmorpg.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't speak for outside of the US, but I am certain that my buddy and I saw the dust in the wind one during the Red Sox Indians game a few days ago. Though, outside of sports and HBO (which I now watch on the App) I don't really watch TV anymore, so I can't say if it has aired anywhere else.
    Last edited by Lannden; 2016-08-18 at 09:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be a waste of money to advertise on TV imo.

Deleted
    2 years ago: What the fuck, blizzard is making TV commercials, they are so desperate.
    Now: I haven't seen any TV commercials: WoW must be dieing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Why? Because more and more people are canceling traditional tv service in favor of streaming tv shows and movies through the internet which by and large do not have commercials. The market is changing and as such the advertising is changing too. Please stop making these bullshit threads. What makes this even more laughable is there is a fucking ad all over the background of this site for Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

I assure you the people in charge of advertising at Blizzard know exactly how to do their job and have every ability to determine where and how they should advertise their products. Jesus christ is there anything Blizzard does that you people won't complain about?
    U mad? And got addblock for PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Given Joe off the street can't play it until the 30th there's no point advertising it much until then.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    The best one, Varian looks real there not the cartoony one where he dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    I saw the ad in the cinema last week and tbh who sits around and watches TV these days
    There are still millions active tv watchers. Because you don't watch tv, doesn't mean we all do

Who still watches tv nowadays?? Tv advertisement would be a waste of resources I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    The best one, Varian looks real there not the cartoony one where he dies.
    You really think varian will look like this in-game?
    You do understand that in-game are in-game graphics right? Or do you need some explanation?

I've seen some commercials in Canada. Also a lot of digital ads/commercials on YouTube videos.
    Sometimes marketing departments try out different things to see what works best. There were a ton of TVCs for Draenor and while we did have a big expansion launch, I think Legion and people excited about Legion is doing a lot of the advertising for them!

- - - Updated - - -

To add to that, I know there are people in my office who have pre-ordered just because of how excited I am and how much I hype it up :P Lmao.

Deleted
    Saw plenty of trailers for the game when it was just announced on Youtube. Now i'm also seeing the harbinger videos as ads before videos on Youtube.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion is around the corner, less then 2 weeks away and yet zero sign of any tv promotion towards legion.
    Has WoW dropped down so low of number that they even stopped doing proper advertising?
    People still watch TV?

Deleted
    I'm from the UK. I haven't seen a single Ad for legion. There was a lot for WoD a couple of month leading up to release.. Nothing thus far for legion. I haven't even seen anything legion related browsing the web (Side ads, google ads, youtube, twitch etc)

Think I saw a commercial for it the other day. I don't really remember WoW commercials ever being too prevalent though, but then again the only live TV I ever watch is sports(everything else I DVR and fast forward through ads anyway).

10+ Year Old Account
    Those people laughing at people still using a TV is just retarded.
    There are probably more TV watchers then streamers