Frost DK wishlist

- Permafrost turned from 30% on autoattacks to 15% on all attacks. You'll be taking this talent anyways since frost DK sustain is pretty crappy without it and with it it's somewhat passable. We pay a talent to obtain what warlocks have baseline and can enhance further.

- Wraith Walk for all DK's extended to 5 seconds and made a 100% sprint. Reactivate again to return to starting point, can make for a juking niche in pvp.

- Icebound Fortitude made 1 min cd, or a 2 min cd with 40% mitigation.

-Death Strike cost reduced to 20 runic power. Increase damage relative to frost strike so it isn't such a massive loss of DPS for frost.

- Howling Blast with and without Rime proc boosted. It does way too little damage for being a proc when a DH just farts out eye beam and blade dance and mobs disintegrate.

- Cosmetically, Glacial Advance needs to go back to being icy bone spikes, current animation is ugly as sin.

- Runeforges, such as Razor Ice, should be available as illusion transmogs for DK's. Just like shamans and rogues have their versions right now.

TL;DR Low mobility class needs to be survivable and hit hard when it does connect. Currently it's simply lacking on both fronts. It hits no harder than, say, a demonhunter/rogue/monk for all its mobility, and it certainly isn't survivable compared to those three, even by Demonhunter standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    - Runeforges, such as Razor Ice, should be available as illusion transmogs for DK's. Just like shamans and rogues have their versions right now.

Drops from LK in ICC.

How about killing machine causing your obliterate to deal a portion of its damage as frost based on your crit chance? Not a flat damage gain persay since it wouldn't add any extra damage but frost damage would scale with mastery and bypass armor as well as making crit still valuable.

I forgot to mention that Crystalline Swords should have the swords floating like a fan around you, ala Wildstar espers, instead of the hideous way they are floating now.

Something to make it worth playing over unholy.

I forgot to mention that Crystalline Swords should have the swords floating like a fan around you, ala Wildstar espers, instead of the hideous way they are floating now.
    I want 5/6 of them floating above your head before releasing frost mage icicle style, they look so stupid currently, and I'm a massive floating sword fanboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    Something to make it worth playing over unholy..
    I cri errytim. TT^TT seriously though this times a thousand infinite. It doesn't even need to be BETTER just playable please. ;-;

Make it so the mechanics don't contradict each other.

So we have killing machine that gives us a free crtical strike, BASED ON CRITICAL STRIKES (im not a math major, but shouldn't this mean that after some softcap critical rating will devalue super fast?).

This KM boosts the psyhical damage of our suposedly main attack - Obliterate, the only skill that doesn't directly scale with our (most boring out of all our classes) mastery, which makes it deal the least damage out of the skills in our kit (then what's the fucking point of the mechanic ?).

But wait - Blizzard's got a fix for ya - sacrifice a talent tier and get Frostscythe, the only other skill in your kit that uses KM and ALSO deals frost damage, AND it does aoe - seems amazing right ? Yeah it's amazing (so all dk's are forced to use it), but at the same time you can't proc rime with it - so you never use Howling Blast!

All i want from Blizzard is baseline Frostscythe and some Killing Machine rework when used with Obliterate, why must it be some boring critical strike, can't it work like Combustion for mages or something like Chaos Bolt for warlocks? I'll survive being slow and my utility being spamming chains of ice, just fix the core of the mechanics.

Also, it wouldn't hurt if at least Rime wasn't rng based, can't we like gather stacks when using Obliterate and Frostscythe and expending them on Howling Blasts?

I'm just shocked at how little damage Remorseless Winter does....was doing ICC and even activating it wasn't even 2-shotting most mobs. For a 20 sec cd ability that thing should be doing fists of fury level of damage. It should be really strong aoe, but it isn't.

And somehow howling blast isn't either. Did karazhan questline and while my DH's with 2 blade dances or a single eyebeam annihilated the flying books, my DK took significantly longer to aoe them down.

How did they manage to turn one of the strongest burst and sustained AoE specs in the game into this trash? I'm pretty sure it was after they fixed those erroneous proc rates in beta that were propping up the spec.

Remorseless winter should definitely be exponentially more substantial than it currently is.

- Make KM powered Obliterate guarantee the Rime proc.
    - Make critical chance increase KM + Obliterate damage (like Chaos Bolt).

One of those at least. Both preferred.

Could make a KM-OB deal mastery % as additional frost dmg or make KM-OB instead crit for pure frost damage. FSy should have been made either a replacement attack for OB with it doing approximately the same dmg as OB would pre-armor reduction but as frost dmg on its primary target while the cleave effect is meteored. What i do find funny is they gut the hell out of HB, take that damage slap it on FSy and set it as a talent.

And the thing is Fsy requires a proc to boot while HB used to be strong even without Rime.

I mean, even in early alpha and beta Frost was doing fine, but the moment they fixed the unintended proc rates, Frost just plummeted and they really didn't do enough to fix that.

What I want crystalline swords to look like, fanned outwards. Unfortunately more people need to spam warcraft dev twitter and beta forums with these images so they fix the eye sore we currently have.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2016-08-18 at 03:55 PM.

Deleted
    - FSC should proc rime, basicly replacing Obliterate when we spec FCS

Thats for now something that would make me very happy.

And the thing is Fsy requires a proc to boot while HB used to be strong even without Rime.

I mean, even in early alpha and beta Frost was doing fine, but the moment they fixed the unintended proc rates, Frost just plummeted and they really didn't do enough to fix that.

What I want crystalline swords to look like, fanned outwards. Unfortunately more people need to spam warcraft dev twitter and beta forums with these images so they fix the eye sore we currently have.

Earlier on beta Crystalline Swords was even worst, they just hovered there and not float. By hover i mean they hovered and didn't move at all while now they float and move around a lil.

Frost was not "doing fine" before they fixed the proc rates; it was broken, akin to how mages are currently and how warlocks were in SoO. No spec should be 10-20% ahead of the others, and frost (with MM) was pretty close to that before they fixed those issues.

I'm not saying it couldn't use a damage buff now. Remorseless Winter is a prime candidate as it is really weak, and the base damage of OB and the AP scaling of Rime should be increased to keep FSc from taking over later on. But the spec isn't too far off from where it should be damage wise.

In PVP though, its survivability is awful. IBF should be ~1min CD at 20% DR, and should still keep the stun break.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    Frost was not "doing fine" before they fixed the proc rates; it was broken, akin to how mages are currently and how warlocks were in SoO. No spec should be 10-20% ahead of the others, and frost (with MM) was pretty close to that before they fixed those issues.

I'm not saying it couldn't use a damage buff now. Remorseless Winter is a prime candidate as it is really weak, and the base damage of OB and the AP scaling of Rime should be increased to keep FSc from taking over later on. But the spec isn't too far off from where it should be damage wise.

In PVP though, its survivability is awful. IBF should be ~1min CD at 20% DR, and should still keep the stun break.
    I mean mechanically. Instead of tinkering with the proc rates, they simply could have done a numbers shave and kept the faster playstyle in.

Fair enough. I know some prefer the constant button pushing while others prefer more open GCDs. It isn't the strongest build, but with current gear and ME/HoW/FSc I found myself resource capped most of the time, so that option does exist for those that want that playstyle. Probably won't be too far off that in Legion either, even without T18-4piece.