Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Dave Rubin & The Presidential Election

So pretty simple really, Dave Rubin lays out how he feels concerning the two major nominees and determines who he will support.

I don't have much else to add at this time except that I agree with him.

I love Dave Rubin. But that doesn't make his vote any less of a throw-away.

7+ Year Old Account
    Balanced Assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaiz View Post
    I love Dave Rubin. But that doesn't make his vote any less of a throw-away.
    No, supporting the lesser evil is the cowardly throw-away.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    No, supporting the lesser evil is the cowardly throw-away.
    No, it's actually not.

Johnson has quite literally no chance of becoming President.

Enjoy patting yourself on the back for voting who you think is most aligned to your beliefs, but stop pretending it matters in the slightest when our current system is taken into consideration.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    No, it's actually not.
    Cowards vote out of fear for the lesser evil. People with integrity vote based on who truly represents them.

Cowards vote out of fear for the lesser evil. People with integrity vote based on who truly represents them.
    No, realists vote for the person most aligned with them who actually have a chance to win.

"People with integrity" (As you laughably put it) vote to make themselves feel better.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's actually not.

Johnson has quite literally no chance of becoming President.

Enjoy patting yourself on the back for voting who you think is most aligned to your beliefs, but stop pretending it matters in the slightest when our current system is taken into consideration.
    he doesn't have a chance because idiots vote for the lesser of two evil major parties.

- - - Updated - - -

No, realists vote for the person most aligned with them who actually have a chance to win.

"People with integrity" (As you laughably put it) vote to make themselves feel better.
    why so you can say "I was on the winning team"? unless you are in a swing state your vote means just about nothing.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

why so you can say "I was on the winning team"? unless you are in a swing state your vote means just about nothing.
    ...what? lol. YES CLEARLY YOU CAUGHT ME.

Maybe, just maybe, and I know this will blow all of the ideologue's minds, but some people don't throw tantrums when they don't get literally 100% of what they want in a candidate. Some people actually try to get the less insane person into office, even if they disagree with them on some topics.

I know this forum is almost exclusively insane ideologues, but some people actually try to get a reasonable person elected when one of them wants to use nuclear weapons against enemies.

7+ Year Old Account

Why have 3 or more options when you could be locked into 2. Brilliant ideology you have there..

As there are only 4 candidates, 2 viable ones, its literally impossible for even most people to vote for someone who fully represents them.

Why have 3 or more options when you could be locked into 2. Brilliant ideology you have there..
    Nice strawman. I guess I missed where I said there should only be two candidates?

Kudos for trying to ignore my actual point: That Johnson nor Stein have any chance of winning. Zero. Zip. None.

But based on your other posts, I know you can't possibly understand this SO INCREDIBLY COMPLICATED point.

gonna write in "Beastwars era Megatron" for who I want to vote as president, I'd rather focus on my sate and local level politicians at this point.

7+ Year Old Account
    I guess I missed where I said there should only be two candidates?
    Then you have amnesia. You are saying anyone outside of the 2 party candidates is a throw away option.

7+ Year Old Account
    Then you have amnesia. You are saying anyone outside of the 2 party candidates is a throw away option.
    It kinda is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    As there are only 4 candidates, 2 viable ones, its literally impossible for even most people to vote for someone who fully represents them.
    Exactly, due to the small numbers. More candidates means a bigger chance of wider representation and one that better aligns with yours.

Exactly, due to the small numbers. More candidates means a bigger chance of wider representation and one that better aligns with yours.
    You should read that again, and this time ponder how its a rebuttal of your claim that "People with integrity vote based on who truly represents them"

Bahahaha, me saying "Johnson or Stein have no chance to win" is not me saying "There should only be two candidates, one in each party."

Try a little harder next time. I'd love an election where those two as well as anyone else had an actual chance.

But in reality, right now, that isn't the case.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    You should read that again, and this time ponder how its a rebuttal of your claim that "People with integrity vote based on who truly represents them"
    More different candidates means a higher chance of being fully represented. Also, all eligible candidates are viable until the vote counting is officially over. Only small minded people think there can only be 2.

More different candidates means a higher chance of being fully represented. Also, all eligible candidates are viable until the vote counting is officially over. Only small minded people think there can only be 2.
    Literally no one is arguing against having more candidates. That doesn't make protest votes an intelligent choice.

With all this fapping over Gary Johnson as some kind of principled third option, did anyone bother to go check if he was actually a good candidate?

More candidates isn't always better, just look at the GOP nomination. When you have a bunch of people all shouting at each other simultaneously, it all just becomes white noise and you may end up picking a worse option than you would've gotten with a smaller field where each candidate has enough space to breathe.