Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

What was your favourite moment in GW2?

Hello champions of Tyria, good to see you all again!

So, GW2 is 4 years old. That's a long time for any game, and it still has its playerbase, which is very good!

During all these years, what was your favourite "moment" in GW2?

My favourite experience in GW2 was when I was playing WvW with my friend. We were roaming around, killing some mobs, when a battle start right where we were. It was incredible to look at.

And for you? What was your favourite/most memorable moment?

I really enjoyed our first run through of Ascalon Catacombs early on in th game. We ended up 3 man-ing one of the bosses in a desperate battle. Tons of fun.

My favorite moment was when I found out that, after the expansion released, I'd have to pay full price for another copy of the game to get the expansion even after all the time that has passed and that I can't simply upgrade my copy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played since about a month after launch, but 1v2ing people on my Mesmer was pretty amazing.
    Always tempted to log back in
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Soloing 2 of the 4 remaining bosses of the first encounter of Uncategorized Fractal as my Sylvari Mesmer. After 2 of them were taken down and remaining 2 brought to ~15% health, my party died. It took me quite long to end the battle but my party's members were cheering me the whole time.

Deleted
    randomly doing things with strangers out in the open world. There's been a bunch of times early after launch where i would be a part of a big group of random people that would try to get the synchronised dance emote going, as well as 'player parades' or enjoying random street performers in DR

Seeing Orr for the first time. It was very creepy and well designed - not to mention very dangerous since I often ran about alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    My favorite moment was when I found out that, after the expansion released, I'd have to pay full price for another copy of the game to get the expansion even after all the time that has passed and that I can't simply upgrade my copy.
    what? you can just upgrade your copy by buying the expa, like any other mmo.

Man the karka event when the shores just opened up, so much lag yet so much awe in killing the giant karka in a loooooooooong event chain! or killing the marionette for the first time!
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    what? you can just upgrade your copy by buying the expa, like any other mmo.
    Since they include the base game in a new purchase, some view it as paying for the base game again to buy the expansion, since they do not get a discount.

Man the karka event when the shores just opened up, so much lag yet so much awe in killing the giant karka in a loooooooooong event chain! or killing the marionette for the first time!
    I miss the first day (since I was at work) invasion, but made it to the Karka Queen thing. Took my server 3 hours, but luckily I didn't DC during it. Had some neat elements to the fight. I remember knocking a tree down...

Fights since really tend to be too tedious/ repetitive for my liking. Most of my fondest memories are exploration based.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you could say the same with other mmo's - AAA game releases as well:

"Hey this game A has DLC 1-2-3 and i'm buying it with the season pass for 75$"
    -2 years later-
    "Hey this game is on sale as a GOTY edition for 15$"

In the end they still gave an extra character slot for buying the game the first week if im not mistaken, i can see where you're coming from tho, but hey, no sub fee at least and well the price is still not that bad considering the ammount of hours you're putting into it i guess.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35