Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    You do invasions just to get the achievement. Gear is complete rubbish and will be replaced within the first hour of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrindor View Post
    By 106 you should have a completely new set of gear if you are ~720. And then some.

You start replacing 740s at that point.
    Sorry you're right, I had it in my head from my levelling on beta that I had replaced all my gear around 106, but of course I was thinking of my Mythic gear and invasion gear is a little lower. I suppose it's more like by about 104 you should have a full new set of green over 720 invasion items, not 106.

In fact, found a reference: http://www.worldofmoudi.com/ilvl-legion

A better question to answer in this thread would be: what ilvl gear should your lvl 100 start legion with in order to level at a decent clip?

Bear in mind a pre-purchase boosted level 100 has ilvl 640 gear, which by all reports is way too slow to kill mobs and recover between them, even with a 750 weapon. My ele shammy is up to ilvl 676 after a few invasions, but getting bored with that.

Blizzard: Bosses now also have a chance to drop ponies! A pony makes your character better.
    Players: AAARGH ponies are RNG!
    Now it's even harder to be perfect. /unsub
    They should just make ponies baseline.
    LOL @ World of Ponycraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brothermike View Post
    A guildie told me the armor and weapon iLvl starts at 750 for legion quests. Why are we doing invasions that drop 700 gear? I figured the gear would help my dust collecting alts run the first few level quests faster...
    Your guide is wrong. Armor from quest rewards start from around 705-715 ilevel in beta. They can however "proc" to be a random higher ilevel.
    The only 750 item you will get is your artifact weapon. Most of the early quest is tuned around a 650 ilevel level 100.

At 110, the quest rewards are around 800 ilevel. (Suramar quest chain rewards higher ilevel items) You need 810 for heroic dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sounder View Post
    A better question to answer in this thread would be: what ilvl gear should your lvl 100 start legion with in order to level at a decent clip?

Bear in mind a pre-purchase boosted level 100 has ilvl 640 gear, which by all reports is way too slow to kill mobs and recover between them, even with a 750 weapon. My ele shammy is up to ilvl 676 after a few invasions, but getting bored with that.
    Sounder - the premade toons we played on beta started with 680 ilevel. I leveled around 8 toons to 105+ all starting from around 680 ilevel, and so far I haven't had any issues with leveling on any of the toons.

The leveling speed seems to vary a lot more on spec/class than gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Deleted
    typical alt that is not geared is not even ilvl 600, so that free ilvl 700 gear is really nice bonus.