Pets to match your Class themes

For those avid pet lovers out there, do you like to match your pets with your different toons class and spec? I see people do this with mounts, but not as often with pets.

A sister of temptation for your warlock? a fox for your hunter? Singing sunflower for your druid or the Dark Pheonix hatchling for your shadow priest?

Though the best thing about shadow priests is you just get the glyph of shadowy friends so all mounts and pets are now a shadow themed mount and pet.

Or Maybe you prefer it to be Race based (mana wyrms for BE's) or even matching your mount, class pet or even transmog?
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-08-18 at 11:45 AM.

Hi, new user here, long time lurker...
    I usually have that naruu pet with my paladin, and the pandaren monk with my... pandaren monk, lol...

Yep, I do this quite a lot.

Hunter will often have a miniature version of whatever the active pet is (so I have Chrominius out with Chromaggus, or one of my many Zandalari baby dinos with Thok).

Mage usually uses one of the manafiends from outdoor Highmaul or the Lofty Libram.

Death Knight - Unborn Val'kyr. Or sometimes the Gluth pet from Naxx.

Warlock has the baby voidcaller from Tempest Keep.

Shaman has the Molten Corgi when Elemental (for which I have a fire-themed mog) and the Ghost Wolf Pup when Resto (blue mog).

And my balance druid always, always has a matching Moonkin Hatchling (the only thing I own from the store. I have no regrets...)

The only one of my max-level characters without a designated pet is my (human) paladin. Can't think of one that matches. Open to suggestions (I don't have the naaru pet sadly)...

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a Valkyr follow my Paladin

Deleted
    I would argue about the mage pet. For me Lil' Tarecgosa is The pet for mages, more specific - arcane mages or the arcane kitty from pet shop
    For shamies - any elemental lookalike pet.
    For pally - Argent Squire or Guild Herald
    For frost dk - lich pet
    Holy/Disc priests - K'ute, the naaru pet from tcb pet collection achievement.

Yep, I have a unique pet picked out to match the colors and theme of each of my 132 mogs!

http://imgur.com/a/Y3HIE/layout/horizontal#0
    http://imgur.com/a/M8fhH/layout/horizontal#0

That's my favorite part of pet battles, that we now have enough pets in the game that I can actually do that.

If I'm out doing dailies, killing things or whatnot, then I'll use my ethereal soul-trader. Otherwise I just use baby winston or moonkin hatchling. I have a mount matching my transmog, but that's it. I don't have anything themed around my class or spec.

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancerth View Post
    Hi, new user here, long time lurker...
    I usually have that naruu pet with my paladin, and the pandaren monk with my... pandaren monk, lol...
    Remind me about the Naaru pet! I forgot that one.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

7+ Year Old Account
    My class pets (Monk) come from the celestial tourney. I'd so rock them all the time, if I was any good at pet battling to get them :\ Tiny Xuen looks so good!

I want my pet to be of different look than others, so that it has special look than others in the society.

I am currently using nibbles for my dh, withers for my druid, my warlock I can never decide, was using lurky for a while which doesn't really match lol. Hunter i use baby quillean along with tamed quillean

My lesser played alts generally have one pet on their bars, corresponding to race or class. Names are in parenthesis.

Shadow Priest: Syd the Squid (Mindhumper Grok)
    Monk: Calfling of Niuzhao (Ordon)
    Paladin: Murkalot (Charlemurgle)
    Death Knight: Stinkrot (L L Ghoul J)
    Warlock: Corefire Imp (Astfgl)
    Goblin Hunter: Rocket Chicken (Shake N Bake)
    Shaman: Tiny Twister (Scrambles)

My druid I usually transmog as an engineer, so the go-to pet there is Ermahgerddon the Blackfuse Bombing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    My lesser played alts generally have one pet on their bars, corresponding to race or class. Names are in parenthesis.

My druid I usually transmog as an engineer, so the go-to pet there is Ermahgerddon the Blackfuse Bombing.
    omg SCRAMBLES! Scrambles the Tornado XD .... I can't breathe!

I've never really thought of it that way to be honest. I always have my Alterac Brew Pup out. We're pals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post

Those are some seriously adorable/creative battle pet names.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Human Female Shadow Priestess: Lofty Libram "Erotimancy Tome", Twilight Fiendling "Noms", or Droplet of Y'Shaaj "Sha of Desire"
    Night Elf Female Blood Death Knight: Dark Phoenix Hatchling "Aura", Brightpaw "Amethyst", Nightmare Bell or Nethaera's Light
    Night Elf Female Restoration Druid: Moonkin Hatchling "Oomie" or Cenarion Hatchling "Moonfeather"
    Gnome Female Outlaw Rogue: (Mini Thor "Thunderbolt", Treasure Goblin "Hoardie", Pierre or Iron Starlette
    Human Male Fury Warrior: Lil' Ragnaros "Sulfurionus", Molten Corgi "Entei", Lil' Deathwing "Sovereign", or Soul of the Forge "Ignus"
    Blood Elf Female Destruction Warlock: Fel Flame, Sister of Temptation "Sublimina", Feline Familiar "Morgana" or Eye of the Legion "Eye of Rosalynne"
    Blood Elf Female Vengeance Demon Hunter: Fel Flame or Disgusting Oozeling "Ick"
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a night elf hunter with a sort of 'Silverwing Sentinel' RP theme. She usually has the ghostly owl pet equipped .. can't remember the exact name but I think it was a reward from one of the Garrison Inn quests.

Deleted
    My druids in balance form use the moonkin hatchling as their pet companion, in restoration I go for the various plant elementals.

My troll monk uses Bonkers (I kinda like this ape) or the pandarian monk, while my BE monk has the pandaria elementals (water for healing, fire for DPS).

My human mage currently has Yu'la as companion, complementing her green-yellow themed MoP outfit. My BE mage is Champion of the Naaru and thus has the Naaru pet as her standard companion (just like my BE paladins and BE disc priest) - but Lil'Tarecgosa and any arcane-themed pet are also quite often used.

My DKs use the Unborn Val'kyr or other undead pets.

My BM hunter who has Gara as his main companion has a nether pup named "Lil'Gara", for obvious reasons.

For warlocks, miniature demons are quite fitting. I sometimes accompany the summoned demon with a little pet duplicate.

With my engineers (Goblin shaman and Human warlock), I use a variety of mechanical pets, depends on the mood.

I also find it kinda hilarious to have a Draenei Shadow Priest with a shadowy Naaru pet, with a transmog based on the Archimonde head and shoulder pieces. She gazed too long into the abyss...

But I also select pets for special occasions. I guess, I will be having my Naaru out most of the time while roaming the Broken Isles, to counter the demonic influence there. Or I will be showing my newest catches from the newest zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be getting my Valkyr out for my warrior in Legion, what with our new class hall theme!
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

On my hunter I have used a mount, pet and companion pet that all looked similar. But I usually don't have any companion pets out, unless it's one that I've been leveling with stones.