Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    How your character looks actually tends to play a big part in your "engagement." A lot of players will not play a character if they do not like how it looks. That is why some games have elaborate character creation options. Look at Black desert, they are actually selling French maid costumes and little sailor outfits for your toon in their shop. I won't even touch that one...
    I suppose it depends on the person... I've never been a fan of customization not related to the game functionality. What I mean is, when I find a new piece of armor, I like my character having a new, recognizable look. But if I can tweak how this armor looks, then this unique look loses its, well, uniqueness, and I no longer see this piece of armor as special. That's why I dislike all these transmogs and color customizations in lots of modern games: they make characters look random, regardless of what items they are wearing/wielding.

Regardless, I don't know, I've always cared about functionality in games and not about looks. Heck, I still enjoy playing original Doom games every now and then, with DOS textures and animations.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Blizzard sells a cosmetic name change for $10.

Uproar. Disgusting. Greed.

Blizzard sells a powerful hero for $10.

Crickets. More please. I want to buy powerful heroes. Milk me.

At least you're consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    At least you're consistent.
    Tack a few more pages of people pointing out how and why he's wrong and he'll just be back in another month or so saying the exact same thing. It's how he does everything.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Tack a few more pages of people pointing out how and why he's wrong and he'll just be back in another month or so saying the exact same thing. It's how he does everything.
    They may put a wig on the horse, but it's always the same horse.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    They may put a wig on the horse, but it's always the same horse.
    I suck at horse related allegories. Something something... Shoot him and turn him into glue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Holy crap, you're STILL on this "Pay for advantage" rant?

You've literally been on this same topic about the same games for...months now? A year or more?

Let it go, man.
    ...and we will see it again when they need attention.

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Why are gamers so stupid?

They attack and rage at Overwatch for their loot boxes and purely cosmetic microtransactions, while lapping up and even defending pay-for-advantage shit like Hearthstone, LoL and Heroes of the Storm, which sells heroes (not all heroes are equal) for real money.

Hypocrisy. Stupidity.
    Not all heroes are equal, but all heroes are unique. A team is not made up of one type of hero or one specific hero, because the limit per team is 1. So you can pretend that 'everyone just buys the most OP hero', but in the game that doesn't translate at all. Like with all MOBA, balance and 'the most powerful hero' rotates every season. LoL has had some lasting ones, but at the same time had some heroes be god and nothing in one season.

At least RIOT does not build heroes to make other heroes obsolete. Don't know about Blizzard.

On another note; As long as the time-to-obtain-through-ingame-means ratio is reasonable, there is no such thing as P2W.