Deleted

Thoughts on a third person, no creep/tower MOBA?

Curious as to what you guys think about a game that is a lot like WoW Arena but more aim based combat and customizable spells (choose its shape, it's type so AoE / Projectile, etc). A lot like a moba so you have ranks like in LoL / Smite but no creeps or towers, just focus on team based fighting?
    Been working on a game like this for a while and wondering if anyone has any input

There were a couple of games that tried this with mixed results. The gameplay of a MOBA is fairly defined by map control. Without creeps the design essentially becomes a "gangpile in the middle" or simply a multiplayer brawler.

I can't recall the names of these games- which were also part of their shortcoming, poor marketing. Something with DNAblood, Bloodfest, something like that.

Stood in the Fire LegendaryDude's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    There were a couple of games that tried this with mixed results. The gameplay of a MOBA is fairly defined by map control. Without creeps the design essentially becomes a "gangpile in the middle" or simply a multiplayer brawler.

I can't recall the names of these games- which were also part of their shortcoming, poor marketing. Something with DNAblood, Bloodfest, something like that.
    Bloodline Champions? That one was actually kinda fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

Yeah I agree, It's actually been something I've been thinking about for a while. There needs to be some kind of external objective otherwise it's just a team deathmatch. Was thinking of something a long the lines of having the ability to change the layout of the map by a certain event if a certain situation happened which may give an advantage to either team etc or having objects in the map effect players local to that object etc.

Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryDude View Post
    Bloodline Champions? That one was actually kinda fun.
    Yea that's the one. I could not remember it's name. I thought BLC was fun too.