Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    For me, the point is seeing the story and setting. I don't care to make e-friends. I never have on WoW or any other game.

And why do you keep saying I'm not doing any of the content? I'll do the leveling content, unsub and wait for all the content to be available at the end, with much of the annoying time wasters removed.
    then maybe an mmo isnt for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    OP is fine. OP will have plenty of fun.

Everything that Blizzard thinks they can do to lengthen the grind they can't actually do. Nobody cares any longer. And even if they manage to do some of it, you'll have about two years to the next expansion to get everything you may want out of Legion anyway.

Don't listen to the WoW addicts in this thread. I've been buying expansions late at deep discount, buying time with tokens, getting everything I want when its easier and less tedious by far, get my flight when its actually available, level my alts or not as I choose, etc.

I'm really not trying to be provocative, but this thread is like entering a shooting gallery and talking about how you are only going to do a little heroine and not get hooked. Of course every junky around you thinks you are bananas: "See you next month..." and "Can I haz ur stuffz?" because that's what they are trapped within. They literally can't see the forest for the trees, or in this case the "fun" of playing because all they understand is their duty to the game or a guild or raiding or whatever...somehow WoW matters to them like a wife or maybe more than that even.

Folks like OP and I can just play for fun and not get hooked.
    As a former top 1% raider, the only reason I ever maintained a continuous sub during farm content was to keep my raid spot. There were plenty of weeks where I logged on one night a week to clear the raid we had on farm and then didn't log on again for an entire week, having already completed any non raid content I was interested in. Now that I can no longer commit to that kind of schedule due to work and parenting, I can't ever see myself being subbed for an entire expac again no matter how good the content is. I waited for WoD to be free and I will probably buy Legion when the patch with flying is on the PTR since I played beta and did like some aspects of it but not enough to be subbed for months of crappy travel at this point.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    sounds like a sad way to play a game but it would certainly be efficient in terms of time invested and so called "reward"

Confusing "grind" with "challenge." Confusing relief with a sense of accomplishment.

These are things players of WoW do.

Sounds like a sad way to play a game...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Feels like your looking for a WoW trophy instead of an interesting video game to play. If it floats your boat then why not. But this game is widely considered more entertaining when you do it when it matters with friends.

This.

Playing the game is designed to enjoy over time, accomplish things and play with friends ... if your just looking for a end game that you dont have to work for whats the point?

I dont get it ...

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't even bother playing if that's all i was going to do.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    You can play the game without listening to people rage. That's not a requirement.
    Which is why he doesn't raid with people like that anymore, Captain obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The DNC is a private organization, and they're free to "collaborate" to elect whoever they like to the leadership of their party. There's literally nothing illegal or shady about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Invrlose View Post
    Which is why he doesn't raid with people like that anymore, Captain obvious.
    Hey, champ, then what does that have to do with the stupid idea in the OP?
    Last edited by Deathquoi; 2016-08-20 at 11:35 AM.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    they are the reason i'm not raiding and quit it for good mid DS HC.
    You got yelled at in your raids because you act like a holier than thou self-actualizer when all you do is spew bullshit and pretend you understand others.

Deleted
    I mean, I don't really care how you play the game haha and neither should anyone else.

You do you, I wouldn't play the game like that but hey, I'm not gonna judge you.

Nice b8 m8.

- - - Updated - - -

half of the players whine, yell and go all raging at boss fight wipes and stuff. they are the elitists. they are the reason i'm not raiding and quit it for good mid DS HC.

other half of the playerbase laugh and say hey we learned something, lets go at it again.
    Some people don't like doing the same thing repeatedly when they fully understand what's going on but the slow motherfuckers that are "still learning" are holding everyone back.

Quote Originally Posted by runique View Post
    then maybe an mmo isnt for you?
    WoW hasn't been an MMO for some years now. By making the catchup mechanisms, they remove the incentive to stay in game and progress. The endgame content alone is not worthy of subscription when you can come back later and "power through it".

Kind of like going outside for 4 hours a day and mowing the lawn with a pair of scissors.. or waiting til the weekend and mowing it in an hour with a riding lawnmower. And you don't have to pay for a game you are not enjoying or feeling rewarded from.

I'm definitely unsubbing after a couple months and waiting until flying is added back.

Just for the sake of clarification, what is the benefit of playing at launch and then quitting for several months as opposed to simply starting way later into the expansion?

In the past, I have just started 7-9 months into the expansion and enjoyed the gameplay with flight and catch up mechanics already part of the game. I have skipped over junk like gating daily quests behind reputation and other required dailies like in MoP. What's different now that some of you are indicating playing at launch but only for a short time?

Is it just the supposed excitement of launch? I ask because I've seen that the game has innumerable problems right now and I doubt many of them will be fixed by launch. I actually think the gameplay will be far better and far smoother some months into Legion than at launch.

Just to list a few issues:
    Removal of advanced UI features
    Nameplates still buggy
    Camera distance (should be toggle, raid bosses as seen from near their feet)
    Action camera (should be toggle, makes people sick)
    Class pruning (classes and specs gutted)
    Class balance (pretty much the usual joke)
    Phasing (everywhere including capital cities)
    CRZ (with literally dozens of realms smashed together in old zones)
    Old models removed for some races
    New models unfinished (still! clipping and other stuff never fixed)
    Annoying new racial sounds
    Annoying new animations

And this is honestly just the tip of the iceberg. There's a huge number of problems in the game right now, many of which have been there since beta, and they've still implemented no fixes. It's more than arguable that the current game is actually the beta, except everyone is paying to test it.

So why play Legion while its still broken, overcrowded at launch and beset with endless DDOS attacks that have been promised by some script kiddie groups?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    Just for the sake of clarification, what is the benefit of playing at launch and then quitting for several months as opposed to simply starting way later into the expansion?
    the only time wow is fun for me its the first week of a exp (and very rare exceptions outside of that) , when it feels like a mmorpg thanks to everyone leveling . well that was before phasing at least
    example invasions made the game feel alive..for a single day

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    easy/hard is subjective. Things can be hard but not an insane grind. I do enjoy it, btw, just not wiping 365463456745 times while listening to super serious people rage over vent.
    Wiping in.... lfr?
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    Are you sure you're playing the game because you enjoy it? Doesn't sound like it with ur edit in mind.
    I could say the same to someone who raids with a guild only above LFR, because from my point of view, being "trapped" into a team and "stuck" having to raid on set days at set times doesn't sound like it to me.

It really just boils down to a play style, and if what OP sets out is how he likes to play....more power to him. it's not "bad" or "wrong"...it's just "different". We're kinda all individuals, ya know?
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

What is the poitn of the first part of your plan? Why not just wait for the end of expansion? Exp curve will go faser, expansion will be on sale and all chars will be able to gear faster. Meantime you can always try the game on PTR.

we quit raiding because of you and your shitty m8 that you absolutley insisted to bring along, and when he proceed to wipe the raid over and over again you choose to blame everyone else.
    The best solution in that case is to move to a better guild that can't afford carrying "shitty m8s", if you quit raiding it means you just didn't want to raid, it was just a convenient excuse to blame "shitty m8s" or "neckbeards raging over vent" and such.

In progress oriented guilds "shitty m8s" don't last long even if they got planted there due to someone's recommendation or being officer's younger bro, if a player is hindering the progress they might carry him when content is on farm, but during progress he will warm the bench at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    I could say the same to someone who raids with a guild only above LFR, because from my point of view, being "trapped" into a team and "stuck" having to raid on set days at set times doesn't sound like it to me.

It really just boils down to a play style, and if what OP sets out is how he likes to play....more power to him. it's not "bad" or "wrong"...it's just "different". We're kinda all individuals, ya know?
    Why did you quote me with this response? I literally don't know. I never said theres a correct or wrong way of playing this game. Go back and read the whole conversation.