Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

7.1 - Just realised something

I just realised that when Kharazan ships in 7.1 it's going to be our first patch dungeon in five years.

Five.

Gratifying, but also kind of pathetic if you think about it.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Not pathetic at all... not having patch dungeons was a design choice, not something we've been screwed out of.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wonder how they'll keep it useful without it being a raid again. You know how irritated people get with the "long" dungeons already. I wonder if it'll be a few different dungeons, kind of splitting up the bosses like the ICC dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    I just realised that when Kharazan ships in 7.1 it's going to be our first patch dungeon in five years.

Five.

Gratifying, but also kind of pathetic if you think about it.
    Wow. It's been THAT long?

Well, at least the broke the fasting with a damn fine meal.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    Not pathetic at all... not having patch dungeons was a design choice, not something we've been screwed out of.
    It is pathetic and laziness from blizz not giving us more dungeons than what we have from lauch of an expansion, took em 2 fucking expansions to realize that
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Since expansions themselves are patches, this is incorrect Sorry to be petty, but this thread was created for that purpose so I figure I'd End it on the same note.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathwirt View Post
    I just wonder how they'll keep it useful without it being a raid again. You know how irritated people get with the "long" dungeons already. I wonder if it'll be a few different dungeons, kind of splitting up the bosses like the ICC dungeons.
    Ion confirmed there are no multiple instances or wings. It's all a single dungeon. They want it to feel like the old school BRD in terms of length.

The drunk karazhan raids we used to do are one of my fondest wow memories. I'm sooo looking forward to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    It is pathetic and laziness from blizz not giving us more dungeons than what we have from lauch of an expansion, took em 2 fucking expansions to realize that
    The exact logic could be used for literally any bit of content you dont think you got enough of.

Lines have to be drawn... Blizzard didnt decide to not do extra 5 mans because they were lazy, they just decided not to do them because they didnt want them.

They are probably one of the better uses for resources. More people would see a new dungeon as apposed to most other content. They would have had reasons not to put them in (no ideas, no logic, no lore, had better ideas of what to make, etc).

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Since expansions themselves are patches, this is incorrect Sorry to be petty, but this thread was created for that purpose so I figure I'd End it on the same note.
    Patch content is markedly different from straight-up expansion content, though.

Eh, if you want to get technical, 6.0 brought the Upper Blackrock Spire 5man dungeon to level 90. A dungeon which is 100% tied to the pre-warlords storyline.

Post-launch dungeons have always been more of a catch-up mechanic than anything, instead of doing that in mop/warlords they tried more uninstanced stuff, and worked throughout WoD to develop a system to keep 5mans relevant through the entire life of an expansion, not just the first month.

You can be happy about a new dungeon all you want, but it was pretty obvious that they wanted to try something new, or develop a better system for 5-mans before investing time into making them post-launch. And the game is better for it.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

I imagine Mythic Kara will drop better than 7.0 Mythic gear but not better than EN Heroic gear, which will be nice. With it having a higher base ilvl its more likely to roll to max than other gear will.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Not lazy just not worth the resources. If they added a dungeon in 6.1 they can either make the gear equivalent to current dungeon gear, making it worthless, or make it better and end up having people just farm that for gear. It's a lose lose situation until they added the mythic+ and warforged systems in legion, which is why they are starting to do it again.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mythic Kara will probably follow the Suramar dungeon format, basically having mini sets that make it's loot desirable.

Also with 9 bosses it's ripe for vanity items like mounts, pets or toys.

Of course it will be kept relevant outside of it's base mythic form by just having mythic+ functionality added to it.

WoD was supposed to get post launch dungeons after CG called it a mistake not to do such mid way into MoP while too late to add it development as the final tier was already under development. Post launch dungeons was still in the plan for WoD after launch. They got cut to focus rushing out the last content patch.

WoD did however see far more focus in making five mans a useful endgame with WoD continuing off the lessons learned in WoD. The devs design choice to ditch five mans to shove everyone into raiding as their endgame was shown to be wrong by the devs themselves and something they want to correct.

I missed them. Hopefully we get one every patch again because sometimes I just don't feel like raiding with a bunch of random strangers.. Sometimes I just want to dungeoneer with a few random strangers.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The last time we got 5-mans in a non-expansion patch was Dragon Soul.

Just let that one sink in.

The devs said it's been as long in the New World as the Old World. So this is like not having new patch dungeons between Mara and the Crusader's Coliseum.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    "Having less content was a design choice."

Blizzdrone, you have reached new, unseen heights of pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Meridas View Post
    "Having less content was a design choice."

Blizzdrone, you have reached new, unseen heights of pathetic.

Choosing something else over dungeons isnt having less content...

Ignoring the fact that WoD DID have less content... at the time they would have thought they had a different idea that justified not having a patch dungeon.
    Which was obvious from the rest of my posts, but no, go ahead and misquote me to show off how cool you are cause you hate blizzard, ill wait.
    Last edited by Squigglyo; 2016-08-19 at 06:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Choosing something else over dungeons isnt having less content...

Ignoring the fact that WoD DID have less content...
    So you're saying the alternative to dungeon content was no content, but it doesn't mean there was less content? The design choice was to not design things? We didn't get things because it would cost a raid tier, and we got shorted a raid tier anyway but we didn't get screwed out of anything?