Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meridas View Post
    "Having less content was a design choice."

Blizzdrone, you have reached new, unseen heights of pathetic.
    Where did you learn to speak stupid so fast with only 34 posts on this site?'

Could this by chance be an alt?

Quote Originally Posted by Rathwirt View Post
    I just wonder how they'll keep it useful without it being a raid again. You know how irritated people get with the "long" dungeons already. I wonder if it'll be a few different dungeons, kind of splitting up the bosses like the ICC dungeons.

Think this misses the point. BLIZ said they were going to experiment with long 5man dungeons for small, organized groups. I would assume Karazahn will be the first of those experiments, seeing as Karazahn has always been a huge favorite among long time players. As such, no, it won't be divided. It will be all one instance. And I mean, I liked Karazahn because it was my first raid ever too, but there's others I like alot more. I'm not as hung up on it as others seem to be.

Still not complaining about seeing it again, though.
    Last edited by Spiral Mage; 2016-08-19 at 06:43 AM.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    7.1 brings content during an already active raid tier, and it includes a dungeon no less. A very healthy sign, if they can keep this up throughout Legion and beyond that would be just great.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    So you're saying the alternative to dungeon content was no content, but it doesn't mean there was less content? The design choice was to not design things? We didn't get things because it would cost a raid tier, and we got shorted a raid tier anyway but we didn't get screwed out of anything?
    In MoP they chose to add scenarios instead dungeons, something, for something. Whether that was a good or bad decision - it wasn't 'less content' - just different approach/design decision..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Mage View Post
    Think this misses the point. BLIZ said they were going to experiment with long 5man dungeons for small, organized groups. I would assume Karazahn will be the first of those experiments, seeing as Karazahn has always been a huge favorite among long time players. As such, no, it won't be divided. It will be all one instance. And I mean, I liked Karazahn because it was my first raid ever too, but there's others I like alot more. I'm not as hung up on it as others seem to be.

This pretty much. Its an attempt at 5 man raid content which people have been asking about for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Mage View Post
    Think this misses the point. BLIZ said they were going to experiment with long 5man dungeons for small, organized groups. I would assume Karazahn will be the first of those experiments, seeing as Karazahn has always been a huge favorite among long time players. And I mean, I liked Karazahn because it was my first raid ever too, but there's others I like alot more. I'm not as hung up on it as others seem to be.

I wonder if it will be off the LFD tool.. And is this a trend they are going forward, since we already have 2, mythic only (which are off the LFD, right?) dungeons at launch..

Honestly, I'd hate to jump into LFD, expecting 30 mins dungeon and get 2h long Karazhan..

BTW, is there a reason to do 'daily LFDs' in Legion? Some daily valor, artifact power, chance for a BJ from Thrall, or whatever?
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    I wonder if it will be off the LFD tool.. And is this a trend they are going forward, since we already have 2, mythic only (which are off the LFD, right?) dungeons at launch..

Honestly, I'd hate to jump into LFD, expecting 30 mins dungeon and get 2h long Karazhan..

BTW, is there a reason to do 'daily LFDs' in Legion? Some daily valor, artifact power, chance for a BJ from Thrall, or whatever?
    I agree. Would make sense if this was a mythic(maybe mythic+) only dungeon. As you said people generally dont like queueing up for a random dungeon and getting one thats potentially 3 times as long as usual

10+ Year Old Account
    Long ass time but I am glad, I have realized that as I have gotten older I enjoy a good challenging dungeon. Mythic dungeons will give me what I want but I would also like to receive a new dungeon here and there to keep things interesting during an expansion. I love raiding but I find mythic dungeons give a lot more flexibility for timing, my friends and I can decide to do a Mon-Wed one week and the next week do a Thurs-Fri. Helps our schedule out way more, also gives us something challenging and interesting to do.

So please, bring more dungeons!

the first time WoW had a subscription drop due to blizz recycled ZA/ZG into a shittier version.

7.1 will make or break WoW forever.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esotaric View Post
    the first time WoW had a subscription drop due to blizz recycled ZA/ZG into a shittier version.

7.1 will make or break WoW forever.
    Do you at least remember the color of the walls the day they drove a pitchfork through your head?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Ever since Cataclysm they realized that whenever they make a new mid-expansion dungeon (or a few of them) that they completely make the other dungeons of that expansion feel obsolete. Basically they used to replace the existing 8-12 dungeons with 1-3 new ones, making the game suddenly feel a lot smaller. I'm also not sure if you noticed, but all the mid-expansion dungeons we ever got heavily reused already existing art assets and zones and in turn often seem to take a massive chunk out of the development time for the raid(s) that released in the same patch.

Ever since they stopped doing mid-content dungeons they managed to put a whole lot more time and resources in the raidcontent, making them a lot larger with a lot more detailed new art-assets etc.

Now with their new scaling system of mythic+ they can prevent older dungeons from becoming obsolete, because they no longer have to use the same gear ilvl hierarchy. And with Karazhan being released in it's own patch instead of along with a major tier raiddungeon, it should be a lot more akin to the creativity and uniqueness of Zul'Aman and much less like the recycled simple design that Hour of Twilight or Pits of Sauron were.
    With Mythic+ they will not have that kind of issue anymore, so - more dungeons please!

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    I just realised that when Kharazan ships in 7.1 it's going to be our first patch dungeon in five years.

Five.

Gratifying, but also kind of pathetic if you think about it.
    OMG, really? i don't think so but why did U know that

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Do you at least remember the color of the walls the day they drove a pitchfork through your head?
    i remember the color because i'm not dumb enough to get pitchforked aka to continue subbing for a game that has little innovative contents. Karazhan 7.1 is a huge question mark mainly due to history repeating itself with the ZA/ZG dungeon remake.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathwirt View Post
    I just wonder how they'll keep it useful without it being a raid again. You know how irritated people get with the "long" dungeons already. I wonder if it'll be a few different dungeons, kind of splitting up the bosses like the ICC dungeons.
    Remember when all people left from Oculus when random put you there? They even put in a dragon mount for that dungeon to compensate.

I wonder if it's so long will it be included among random dungeons.

Deleted
    i remember the color because i'm not dumb enough to get pitchforked aka to continue subbing for a game that has little innovative contents. Karazhan 7.1 is a huge question mark mainly due to history repeating itself with the ZA/ZG dungeon remake.
    aha... aha.

aaaand is that why you are here whining about it like a 5 year old?

Or is it in fact because your addiction to the game wont allow you to unsub?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Koloss View Post
    Remember when all people left from Oculus when random put you there? They even put in a dragon mount for that dungeon to compensate.

I wonder if it's so long will it be included among random dungeons.
    Oculus wasnt long though. it was just the dragons in the end that like 30% didnt understand how to use apparently.

But yeah its a good reason not to put it in random group finder

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    I just realised that when Kharazan ships in 7.1 it's going to be our first patch dungeon in five years.

Five.

Gratifying, but also kind of pathetic if you think about it.
    OMG the 4.1 patch dungeons were the worst patch dungeons ever, unless you were already a coordinated group used to working together.

4.0.x destroyed my social guild and solo queuing for ZA/ZG, which I did for MONTHS (a total of 130 completed solo queued instances), was the most ridiculous firehose of WoW drama I have ever seen.

I'm hopeful Kara will turn out to be an instance that can be "completed" in 4-5 fairly easy bosses with a sensible somewhat more difficult "second wing." Curator would make a good end boss for "Part 1."

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Since expansions themselves are patches, this is incorrect Sorry to be petty, but this thread was created for that purpose so I figure I'd End it on the same note.
    Not only is this nitpicky, it also intentionally misunderstands the point of the thread, and as such is wrong.

I don't know if you thought you were clever, but you weren't.

i remember the color because I’m not dumb enough to get pitchforked aka to continue subbing for a game that has little innovative contents. Karazhan 7.1 is a huge question mark mainly due to history repeating itself with the ZA/ZG dungeon remake.
    ZG its small compering with Kara, also in ZG they have skipped 3 bosses, tbh I’m not complain so much for a dungeon which will need around 2hrs at beginning to completed (I’m lucky that i have run this raid so many times at tbc and i know even the smallest corner of it :P ) the problem is in the case you don’t have your group to go there and need to take ppl from LFG, it’s the worst experience.. the majority of the ppl who join lfg they can’t w8 or follow tactics, the best for them if was possible to enter the dungeon and teleport to end with kills and loots on bag and then exit.
    I wonder when Blizzard will realized that system have failed, LFG/LFR have spoiled the playability, have created lazy players and angry kids which they don’t know other words than "wtf" "go go go" "noob" etc.

I have start playing this game in vanilla time, i have seen really nice raids and good players, every expansion that come less and less, good players get bored of all this nerf of playability and behavior and prefare to stop, if i see that why Blizzard cant?

Quote Originally Posted by Hatorri View Post
    ZG its small compering with Kara, also in ZG they have skipped 3 bosses
    That's not how ZG and ZA worked for 4.1 and 4.2 (6+ months?). You had to do all the bosses plus the arch boss if available. Then there were minibosses needed for quests that no one wanted to do except for the people who needed them for quests who were just shit out of luck. At the end, your reward was Jindo the Pug Breaker and 30 minutes to 1 hour of WoW drama including trash resets.

Holy shit does anyone ever want to do that again? I don't know why it didn't make me quit WoW.

The reason dungeon was neglected for so long was that it was not resource efficent. New dungeons came and the old ones became obsolete. Now that they can make all dungeons relevant in a meaningful way, dungeons will problably justify resource being poured into them once again.