Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Another reason PC is master race. Steam has a pretty good return policy.
    It has an ok-ish policy. NOW after Years of complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Mage View Post
    It absolutely would have been had the game been what they claimed it was going to be but instead, it was the typical over-hype and lie about it, making promises of the sun, the moon and the stars, when in reality, you wouldn't be able to reach any of those things.

NMS is false advertising, it in no way implies that another company later may not produce a game that is indeed worth $60. Indie companies do far more original and enjoyable games than the carbon copies of bad games that "Triple A" companies puke up. I'm not even sure why we call them Triple A, more like Triple-Crap, since that's all they do most of the time, but they don't stop after three versions of the game, they keep going and going with it.
    It is a chicken-egg deal. But in reality, most people should have realized that the amount of things they were promising were not possible by an indie game made by 15 people. Overall, in a very general sense, I would say that it is nearly impossible for a small indie team to make a game that deserves to be sold for $60 as a pre-order. There are a lot of indie games that I would gladly pay $60 for, but that is after they have launched and had real reviews, not as a pre-order with hidden gameplay, especially from a team that has never produced a major game.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    It is a chicken-egg deal. But in reality, most people should have realized that the amount of things they were promising were not possible by an indie game made by 15 people. Overall, in a very general sense, I would say that it is nearly impossible for a small indie team to make a game that deserves to be sold for $60 as a pre-order. There are a lot of indie games that I would gladly pay $60 for, but that is after they have launched and had real reviews, not as a pre-order with hidden gameplay, especially from a team that has never produced a major game.
    NMS actually delivered a major blow to customers' trust in indies, not to mention stealing - for years ! - the media spotlight from dozens of likely better or more promising titles. I wonder when we'll hear Sean talking again, he was rather loud before launch.
    CU... ...or CF ?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesGoblin View Post
    NMS actually delivered a major blow to customers' trust in indies, not to mention stealing - for years ! - the media spotlight from dozens of likely better or more promising titles. I wonder when we'll hear Sean talking again, he was rather loud before launch.
    That was really my point. Players should have never trusted indies to begin with. If there is a developer who has never released a game, then forget about pre-orders and take everything they say with a grain of salt. That people have been foaming at the mouth for a game being released by a company that basically has only created two game-jam type games is silly, that they paid $60 for a pre-order is just insane... what is even worse is the media... gaming media companies giving NMS ´game of the year 2014´ .. how can anyone take that seriously. the game launched broken and shallow, can you imagine what shape it was in when it was winning ´game of the year´ two years ago.

I personally base a game's success on the likelihood someone will buy the next game or instalment from the same developer/publisher.

I wouldn't call this game a success.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Mage View Post
    It absolutely would have been had the game been what they claimed it was going to be but instead, it was the typical over-hype and lie about it, making promises of the sun, the moon and the stars, when in reality, you wouldn't be able to reach any of those things.

NMS is false advertising, it in no way implies that another company later may not produce a game that is indeed worth $60. Indie companies do far more original and enjoyable games than the carbon copies of bad games that "Triple A" companies puke up. I'm not even sure why we call them Triple A, more like Triple-Crap, since that's all they do most of the time, but they don't stop after three versions of the game, they keep going and going with it.
    At least those "triple-crap" games deliver what they promise most of the time. No Man's Sky is just a joke. You grind through planets just to do it over again. And just because you don't like them doesn't mean they aren't Triple A/good. The fact that they can make so many different versions of the game and still be so successful shows how good these games are.

Fuck originality when the gameplay sucks. No Man's Sky isn't original btw.