Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Question Which class will be "mandatory" for easier raid progression?

Note that I'm using mandatory loosely as i'm aware that if it's not cutting edge raiding I can play what i want. However there have been encounters previously where Rogues have been able to cheese mechanics, or where hunters have been prominent at dealing with certain situations. With the raids released, will there be any specific requirements?

i have a feeling that HPallies will be near-mandatory if they are still the best tank healers. I can't confirm if they are at the moment, but looking at everyones kit it seems like only HPriests and Mistweavers come close.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tanks - Protection Warrior currently due to how incredibly strong Ignore Pain is. Protection Paladin for cooldowns, strong numbers, and utility (bubble taunt, blessing of spellwarding)
    Honorable Mentions: Blood DK for grips, Guardian Druids for Stampeding roar.

Healers - Holy Paladin for tank healing, raid utility, and cooldowns. Restoration Druids for Mobility and Numbers.
    Honorable mentions: Discipline Priests possibly for tight dps fights. Restoration shamans for utter boatloads of cooldowns (spirit link in particular).

DPS - Think this comes down more to numbers than utility, but right now Mages, Shadow Priests, Hunters are definitely looking crazy strong in addition to having immunities and defensives.
    Honorable mentions: Enhancement shamans due to stupid good cleave/aoe and target switching.

My opinion only.

resto shamans. incredible throughput and an extensive list of borderline broken utility.

a single windwalker monk with the legendary that increases their movement speed aura from 10% to 25% could prove useful.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not warlocks, that's for sure. It's quite possible at this point for a raid not to take any and probably come out ahead. Anything they can do a fire mage or shadow priest can do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jirek View Post
    Tanks - Protection Warrior currently due to how incredibly strong Ignore Pain is. Protection Paladin for cooldowns, strong numbers, and utility (bubble taunt, blessing of spellwarding)
    Honorable Mentions: Blood DK for grips, Guardian Druids for Stampeding roar.

Healers - Holy Paladin for tank healing, raid utility, and cooldowns. Restoration Druids for Mobility and Numbers.
    Honorable mentions: Discipline Priests possibly for tight dps fights. Restoration shamans for utter boatloads of cooldowns (spirit link in particular).

DPS - Think this comes down more to numbers than utility, but right now Mages, Shadow Priests, Hunters are definitely looking crazy strong in addition to having immunities and defensives.
    Honorable mentions: Enhancement shamans due to stupid good cleave/aoe and target switching.

My opinion only.
    Sadly last I saw Shadow Priest lost some placement when they nerfed the lv100 talent.

Warlocks for soulwell and summoning stone (then could be replaced).

Rogues and/or Mages. Nothing screams balanced like cheesing a bunch of core mechanics in a raid with the single click of a button

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Advo View Post
    Not warlocks, that's for sure. It's quite possible at this point for a raid not to take any and probably come out ahead. Anything they can do a fire mage or shadow priest can do better.
    eh, you still need a warlock to summon you back after you use your mage's portal to go to city and switch talents for next boss :P (yeah im aware of the inscription items but lets assume someone's cheap and give warlocks the feel they're needed :P)

Deleted
    With all respect, I sometimes read stupid stuff(and im not even experienced as some of you guys)

1)The DPS WILL BE closer than ever before. We will not see 30% difference between top spec and bottom(only during niché mechanics, such as heavy AoE or cleave).
    2)Every class will have thier niché spec. That means, you will suck as a Shadow Priest during heavy AoE fights. How much do you think it makes sense to stack them? Destruction Warlock is still the strongest caster during cleave, but falls behind in other areas.
    3)You can't go with 5 mages, 5 hunter and a handful of rogues anyway. Ideally, a good leader rather want a diverse mix of classes.

Sum: rather go with a class, that have a niché side. Such as insane AoE, good target switch or constant cleave. It's alright that you fall behind on single target. Don't forget, that something that is less effective now, can be different later on with legendary items and trinkets(not to mention tier set bonuses). Maybe a Shadow Priest will be godly both in single taget and AoE because of these(maybe fall behind on single target, because other classes gets stronger because of these). That is why, you have to make a guess and invest. Nobody can tell you what's good.

Besides, they don't want class stacking. So expect nerfs on good numbers. Feel for it and stick with it.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2016-08-23 at 10:46 AM.

My feelings on progression raids: (just in my openion)
    Stacking: mages, warlocks, rogues
    Definetly one: ww monk, prot paladin, spriest, disc priest, resto shaman, hpala

Hight possibility of being benched: ret paladins, frost dks, surv hunters, dps warriors.

Deleted
    Resto shaman hands down best single and must have spec in any raid. Their mastery on progression is so. Valuable. I did mention the raid cd they can drop and not have to be channeled oh and the spirit link oh and the mini rallying cry(fucking non Combat res, combat res) oh and movement speed totem oh and motherfucking ghost raptor form. Oh baby it's a good time to be a shaman.

On a more serious note. Hunters, rogues, mages bring em stack em kill boss. For tanks dks still really strong. Tons I mean a metric fuck tons of aoe dps while self healing very well and having deathgrips and gorefiends grasp makes them a very versatile tank.

Deleted
    Yea like other people said... 1 warlock to summon all the slackers .... and me

Deleted
    4xshaman resto, 2xDK blood, 14 dps

Quote Originally Posted by seijulala View Post
    4xshaman resto, 2xDK blood, 14 dps
    Is the 2x Blood DK really a viable option? I wouldn't take this statement seriously in most cases, but this is the 3rd time I've heard this so there must be something to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Sadly last I saw Shadow Priest lost some placement when they nerfed the lv100 talent.
    That nerf wasn't too bad, we can still do a truckload of damage.

OT: I think Hpallies will be mandatory, beyond that, not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    That nerf wasn't too bad, we can still do a truckload of damage.

OT: I think Hpallies will be mandatory, beyond that, not sure.
    oh of course, but the nerf pretty much cut 30 seconds off the duration. Which in turn dropped you from your position to roughly the 10-12th range

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    this is not true.

oh of course, but the nerf pretty much cut 30 seconds off the duration. Which in turn dropped you from your position to roughly the 10-12th range
    This is also not true. insanity gen and time spent in voidform don't directly relate and fluxuate based on talents, fight ecounter, and tier bonuses. Shadow is fine for raiding.

30 seconds is arguable, but the impact in terms of position is wrong. We can still melt faces.