10+ Year Old Account

Level 100 BrM talents. Is there ever a time when you wouldn't take Blackout Combo?

This talent just seems miles ahead of the other two, especially with artifact talents.

It makes it so BoF only has a 9s CD which means you can basically keep the 8% less damage up with the artifact debuff almost at all times. That alone makes it worth it over the other 2. Now combine it with the fact that Blackout Strike is on a 2.5s CD or so (after haste), you'll be taking advantage of this talent on almost all of your abilities.

An extra 2s off of ISB/PB Cd with KS, 3s pause on stagger damage with ISB, stack of mastery with PB are all great buffs you'll be getting.

Not only that, I think it makes the rotation a lot more fun and dynamic.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I think there is still a lot of work to be done the BRM, besides yesterdays Special Delivery fix there hasn't been any significant adjustments at all for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by madmossy View Post
    I think there is still a lot of work to be done the BRM, besides yesterdays Special Delivery fix there hasn't been any significant adjustments at all for some time.
    What did the fix entail? I was tanking mythic dungeons earlier, seemed like it went off so often it felt like it was always going.

Quote Originally Posted by Taygai View Post
    What did the fix entail? I was tanking mythic dungeons earlier, seemed like it went off so often it felt like it was always going.
    Just fixed it so that it can critical now, it wouldn't before.

The talents are actually pretty well balanced. Last I checked BoC is the best efficiency, but requires you to actively pay attention to the rotation rather then just hit whats on CD. High tolerance definitely has its place in the right content. And Elusive Dance is fantastic as an upgrade you don't have to pay attention to. If you aren't using BoC well, then it will be a loss to Elusive Dance.

Blackout Combo is really good if you play perfectly. Good luck with that. Remember that getting both empowered Keg Smash AND empowered BoF on CD plus having empowered brews when you need them plus minimizing energy capping is not easy.

High Tolerance just flat out sucks unless you're cheesing a mechanic with it, IE taking 10% up front avoids a one-shot where taking 20% wouldn't. The purify half of Elusive Dance results in more mitigation than the entire High Tolerance talent does, and then you get the extra dodge on top of it.

High tolerance could be better on high magic fights since it also increases the magic stagger.
    Elusive dance i gues could be nice on fights that have predictable spike damage. And since it has the 5/10/15% dmg boost as well.