Thread: New Headset

Deleted

New Headset

My old headset (Microsoft LifeChat lx-3000) broke down after like 7 years so I'm looking for something new.
    This time I'd like to go for something in the higher class range.

I noticed the Sennheiser PC 363D had really good reviews, eventhough it's kinda high priced. But that isn't a huge problem for me if the quality is that great. However, I've also read about sound cards. Does this headphone require an external sound card in order to reach it's potential? Or isn't that needed? My current motherboard is a MSI B150 Gaming M3.

Also what would be good alternative headsets?

I've had nothing but good experiences with the Kingston Hyperx Cloud series. Sound quality on the headphones has been great (I'm far from an audiophile however) and people Ive asked in voice chat about the mic quality haven't had any complaints either. The set was comfortable and came with 2 additional extension cables, I have only used one - but if I used the second I could probably use these things across the room.

Kingston HyperX Cloud II.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B