Last communist country on Earth similar to crazy ex

North Korea brands defector from UK embassy sex criminal 'scum'

High level official defects from N Korea to Britain. N Korea accuses him of all manner of crimes.

I wonder if he still has family in N Korea and if they are in danger? Grandparents, cousins, etc.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-no...-idUSKCN10V093

North Korean state media on Saturday accused a diplomat who defected from Britain to South Korea of fleeing to escape punishment for a variety of crimes, including child rape, for which Pyongyang had sought to extradite him.

A commentary by the KCNA news agency did not identify the diplomat by name, but on Wednesday South Korea announced that Thae Yong Ho, who was deputy ambassador at North Korea's embassy in London, had arrived in South Korea with his family.
    Thae is the highest-level diplomat to defect from isolated North Korea to the rival, democratic South, according to the South Korean government.

"The fugitive was ordered in June to be summoned for embezzling a lot of state funds, selling state secrets and committing child rape," KCNA said.

North Korea had told London about what it said were his crimes and requested that he be handed over, KCNA said.
    Instead, it said, Britain tainted its image as a law-abiding country by "handing over the fugitives without passports to the South Korean puppets and neglecting its duty to protect diplomats living in its own country."

A spokesman for Britain's foreign office did not have immediate comment. Thae and his family are under South Korean government protection and not available for comment.

"This one clearly deserves legal punishment for crimes he has committed but he proved that he is human scum that has no basic loyalty as a human and no conscience and morality by running away to survive and abandoning the homeland and parents and siblings that raised and stood by him," KCNA said.*

North and South Korea are technically still at war because their 1950-53 conflict ended in an armistice, not a peace treaty.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

When was the last time North Korea did something not crazy?

At this point that's the only thing that would surprise me about NK.

P.S they seem to have learned this from the Assange debacle tho.... Political embarrassment? Rapist.

They just lack the bullying power of the US.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    When was the last time North Korea did something not crazy?
    The time they designed their flag. I mean, that thing is pretty average in terms of communist design.

10+ Year Old Account
    North Korea is not communist. It follows the far right juche principle of Korean Ethnic Nationalism. Asian nazis basically.

North Korea is as communist as it's democratic.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap
    Last communist country on Earth
    "Hey, boss! Laos and Cuba are on the line, they want a word with you. Raul says Fidel was so honked that he bit the end off of his cigar!"
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

The last real letter for letter Marxist Communist country on earth was Libya (under Qaddafi). Things were actually going quite successfully but then a bunch of NATO missiles fell on his military assets that were holding back Islamist rebels and then he was kill.

Score one for peaceful rebels.

To which Hillary Clinton had this to say:

What did she mean by this?