Thread: rare addon

Deleted

rare addon

are there a good addon to find rares and to see if they are up or not? also if it had timers for spawn that would be awesome.

Deleted
    _NPCScan or Silverdragon.

spawn timers arnt supported as far as i know.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I like NPCscan the most, it has all the rares ( even for legion) and if you end up downloading it, make sure to search for Npcscan overlay too

NPCScan supports vignettes when they are available, and on other rares an audible alert if you hover or target them.
    The only addon I can recall having anything to do with spawn timers, was one for Timeless Isle where it would communicate the last time that a rare was seen dying, which as that then determined when the timer started.
    Those rares worked on a range, a minimum and maximum time from the last kill.
    And there was no way of determining that after the fact, someone had to see it.

Even if a rare is on a fixed timer after the last kill, there is no way to determine that time afterwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    thanks for the tips guys =) i did actualy test npcscan i think in wotlk. but if my memory is correct i dident get it to work. might have been a bugg or somethingh though.

NPCscan used to detect by proximity the first time you saw a rare, by utilising the creaturecache.
    But blizzard changed that at the start of WoD, and basically broke it.
    Now for that or other addons to detect a rare completely passively, it has to have a vignette.
    The little arrow and minimap blip (dot) that appears when you are near enough.
    It doesn't have inherently from being a rare, and has to be done specifically by blizzard.
    Hence why it works with WoD Rares, but not earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.