Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Absolutely detest it! Start with class fantasy - our supposedly extremely powerful demonologist summons the weakest possible demons, imps. Oh, and he's so incompetent that he can only keep them summoned for 12 seconds. Ugh, awful. It's just a dot with a different visual, and you have to buff your "dots" after every freaking cast with demonic empowerment.

So, you have a boring rotation, no mobility, horrible target switching, a long ramp up to do any damage and top it off with lame class fantasy. I'm not sure how this even got to alpha like this.

Reminds me of the Kanrethad fight except demo form is gone and there's no pitlord pet.

milestones ahead of past demonology play styles

Its ok but I kinda woulda liked it if we got a talent that gave us the option for just one super badass pet instead of Grimorie of Supremacy.

It's not good at all. Probably won't be highly competitive either, considering burst and/or executes have always been the most important thing. I'll probably use my artifact on destro/affl but my lock will most likely be only the 4th or 5th alt I level.

Deleted
    I'm trying to like the spec so hard, but..... as a demo lock during the lei Shen trinket days... Well this way of summoning imps is just boring and not being able go into meta and burst aoe and feel like a badass, just makes this spec feel lame to play.

Still I'm stubborn/stupid so I'm going to main it as I feel the spec may come alive with legendaries and I kinda hope shadow flame gets an aoe component back to it as I've always loved using it

Edit: the more I think about it the more things I dislike come up. As the poster before mentioned when you pop implosion(in a raid) there is no real feedback, the only way I know it's worked is when I see the imps disappear off of zpetsaddon.

Then there's demon wrath, it doesn't really feel like it's hitting as you can't see the position of your gel guard in a melee pack and without loads of imps up the aoe may miss loosely packed adds.

Anyone on beta found life gets better for demo at 110 as I've not had time to check it out?
    Last edited by mmoc3152dc6ee5; 2016-08-20 at 09:55 PM.

Maybe Demonic Empowerment wouldn't feel so lame if it was baked into Demonwrath, at least you could do some damage while you buff your pets this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaragoth View Post
    The problem is that what's fun about it right now at 100 isn't gonna be around at 110. Simply because the Class Trinket & Set Bonus currently make the spec. With barely any Imps at 110 and only the two Hounds, Fel Guards and the Doomguard, it's not only boring visually, but also mechanically (which it already is at 100 with Empowerment and the utterly snorefest rotation).
    This, so much. I do not have the chance to have the trinket and set bonus as i just came back for pre-patch after unsubbing 1 year ago.
    As you said, without it you do not have any "demon horde" feeling. You get 4 imps from Gul'dan, have your main pet and then more pets on CD (infernal, dogs etc).At the end of the day, you still have only one pet with suicidal imps that spawns, cast a couple of balls after empowerment and then implode.

Like said earlier in this thread, i feel like a buffer and pets are few and weak. Not my cup of tea. And that's coming from someone who spammed shadow bolts back in BC with my felguard out as Demo.

I miss meta playstyle so much.

Switching to Shadowburn Destro in Legion. It owns in pvp as well.

Deleted
    My subscription ended yesterday. I wanna play wow, but blizzard fucked up warlocks and gave some of our spells to other classes like meta to demon hunters and all we get is summoning imps and dogs. I honestly dont see myself resubbing anymore. Also never forget " we'd rather you didnt play demonology"

Deleted
    No I'm not , is like I have only 1 choice to go , an is Implosion build with 3 spells or 4 cause Dreadstalkers and Demonic Empowerment are sooo bad design and make 0 impact in the dps.

Imps need to last longer , dreadstalker need to do more dmg and the dmg of the Felguard is a joke.

It would be cool if we could summon demon hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    It would be cool if we could summon demon hunters.
    We can and it's probably the only reason any warlock will have a raid spot......
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. I find it very spammy and repetitive. The dynamism of the old Fury system is completely gone, replaced with a combo system and an awfully implemented maintenance buff. I'm not one who even minds maintenance buffs if there's some feedback to show you've done something, or if it's instant and offers opportunity for some movement (in this regard I actually don't mind Mana Tap so much) but DE doesn't offer that, it's a zero feedback cast time, which just means HOG and Dogs actually take longer to cast, and adding a cast time to Service and Doomguard. It's just retarded design.

That lost dynamism also makes it functionally shit for actually dealing with raid mechanics when you need to switch, move, burn etc. There's some burst AoE there, at a major cost of boss damage and resetting your considerable ramp up.

The default UI is also pretty poor for tracking minions as well, and I just can't be bothered with setting up a bunch of new auras to make it useful.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2016-08-21 at 08:26 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    They scrapped the most fun specc in the game for this shit.

My answer is: no, i dont like it
    Former highend raider. Now highend moron

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Locknrollen View Post
    They scrapped the most fun specc in the game for this shit.

My answer is: no, i dont like it
    Yeah, old demo was super fun. Hit the button not on CD-Stance switching edition! /s

Deleted
    It needs polish, but it's not terrible.

Demonic Empowerment isn't particularly fun.
    Doom bothers me by being such short duration - I'm obnoxiously loath to embrace changes though, so maybe I'm just too hung up on 60 seconds.
    Not a huge fan of demonwrath either, but maybe it'll grow on me.

I think one of my main gripes is the spec feels, looks and sounds very flacid. Even ignoring the phenomenal melee revamp, destruction (despite having plenty of things to moan over after the revamp) at least feels alright. Long casting chaos bolts and instant conflags, all with nice sounds. Your spells feel and sound pleasant for the most part.

Demo seems like it's got a lot o spammy buttons that you're not getting much visual or audio feedback from and they all seem similarly short cast times so there's not much tactile feedback. Hopefully the eventual spell revamp will improve that.

Still, I think it's got potential in the long run. Makes me wish artifacts didn't discourage experimenting with specs as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayonnaise View Post
    milestones ahead of past demonology play styles
    Really? I think that's the one area it's lacking and I disliked both stance dancing and the self-centric focus of meta.

Say what you want about demo, but it's incredibly flexible energy bar resulted in a fair bit of skill for optimizing play, I thought that was a respectable system in a world where destruction and affliction had pretty unpleasantly similar resource systems, afflictions in particular being plagued by RNG nonsense.

I like it but need some change, for example i would like to have at least 3 diferents types of demons and demonic empowerment is not very fun cast in every summon, maybe if were like beast wrath i would enjoy it more.

I hate how mana hungry demo warlocks are. Hacing to life tap every few casts and empower constantly after demon summons made an otherwise interesting spec rather tedious.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    My only gripe is that the "fantasy" they keep talking about isn't there. I still just walk around town with a felguard, there isn't a demonic gang of minions behind me. In combat we summon dogs, imps, dark glare and a doomguard just to buff them. it doesn't feel fantastic.

I'd like to see the dread stalker's be permanent. I'd want to see more of the master summoner aspect come into play as well; way, way, way back in vanilla I remember doing the mount quest and unlocking my pets for the first time, using "big boy" summoning circles and materials. Think about jaraxxus and the fizzlebang, that kind of thing.

Instead of just buffing my pets with empowerment I'd have to make a situational choice "should I light them all on fire, or enrage them or sacrifice them to summon a better demon . I'd much rather sacrifice soul shards (in a literal way) to get specific buffs for my pets or summon specific demons. I'd sac 5 shards and channel for two seconds to have a void terror.

In terms of gameplay, its got solid burst AOE, decent single target... 110 things will get shaken up on the numbers and rotational side.

I am happy with the spec and what it does, I think the burst AOE will give us a valuable role in dungeons and raids. Again, gotta get your artifact and legendaries to make any judgement. I play it and enjoy it, I am happy with the play and play style, I would like more flash and eye candy and greater depth, but its good.

Deleted
    I do but I feel like we need bigger, stronger demons. Imps aren't enough.

I think for Demonology Infernal/Doomguard should only have a 1 minute cooldown. Or just add more demons in other ways.