Page 1 of 40
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

NCAA Football 2016-17 Thread

Welcome to the NCAA college football thread! It is 2 weeks until season starts, so time to open up a new thread!

Lots has happened during the offseason. position battles! Playoffs! NCAA violations! Feel free to talk about anything specifically related to college football here.

For the newbies:

Power 5 conferences
    Big 12
    Big 10
    SEC
    ACC
    Pac 12

Non Power 5
    Sunbelt
    Mountain West
    Mid-American
    Conference USA
    AAC
    Independent schools (Notre Dame, BYU ect...)

Reminder: football vs handegg vs soccer is infractable. Pro vs college bashing is also not welcome here.

I'll pretty this up when I have more time

10+ Year Old Account
    Opening weekend has a bunch of good games! Oklahoma vs Houston, North Carolina vs Georgia, Alabama vs USC , just to name a few. Go Bucks!!!
    "The Russians can't beat us at anything--they can't even feed themselves." Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    So, in Gator world, big stuff happened over the summer. Florida athletic director, Jeremy Foley, retired after 25 years. Even if you're not a fan, you have to respect just how many championships he brought to the school. Twenty-seven national titles in ten different sports in that time. A few years ago, they won it in three in the same year. Football, basketball, and...uh, something else. I swear google fails me at the worst times. He officially retires October 1, no replacements yet. I don't think it's possible to replace him with anybody who can manage that amount of success.

But in what may be a shock to some, Florida did manage to get back the "Old Ball Coach". Steve Spurrier has been hired as an "Ambassador and Consultant for Florida Athletics". What does that mean? Fuck if I know. But he's a legend at Florida, so surely a lot of good can come of it.

Luke del Rio has been named the starting quarterback for Florida. No idea who he is, and I expect another year of really good players doing shit and fumbling to a few wins. Yep, expectations are low for me.

Alabama is fairing worse. Not much to say other than "oh shit". To be fair, I didn't think they could succeed after replacing McCarron, but they won another title. Just gotta have a guy out there who can not screw up.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2016-08-21 at 04:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    so instead of 35 to 3, It'll only be 21 to 7?

but man, arrests already? sheesh.

our starting QB still hasnt been announced, but its likely Buschele form how he has been playing since he arrived in spring. This year is the ultimate year for Strong. If he wins 8 games, I think he's safe for a bit. Pulling that OU win out of his butt saved his hide.

I loved the tshirt war between USC and Bama. I hate Bama, but +10 internets for the counter.

My canes might not have a defense... at all. Grace and Mohammed are probably going to be suspended at least 4 games, and losing our entire secondary from last season. Having the best QB in college football won't mean much, when we give up 84 points per game.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Crossing my fingers that ISU can win more then 3 games this year.

Also, the big 12 is going to odd with Baylor, and all that has come to light with them. Unsure how the team will play this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockula View Post
    Crossing my fingers that ISU can win more then 3 games this year.

Also, the big 12 is going to odd with Baylor, and all that has come to light with them. Unsure how the team will play this year.
    Yeha, pretty sure thats all us Big 12 peeps will here about. That and expansion. BYU, CIncinatti, and Houston are the top picks.

Also Texas picked up 5 of Baylors recruits when they bailed so

As a fan of the 'Nati (it's my basketball school), I'd rather they did not go to the Big 12, cuz I'd like for them to have a winning record. If they went to the big 12, i don't imagine them having a winning record ever again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Les Miles wins quote of the preseason https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/...15231880966144

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    If Appalachian State beats Tennessee I will chug everclear. Tonight is going to be great

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hoosiers play tonight against FIU, debut of 6-6 240 lb JuCo transfer Richard Lagow, starting QB. Pretty easy schedule this year, his play should determine if can make it to back-to-back bowls for the first time since 86-93 when we went to 6 in 8 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    How the hell is Tennessee ranked number 9 in the nation? I can think of probably seven SEC teams alone that are better than them.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    How the hell is Tennessee ranked number 9 in the nation? I can think of probably seven SEC teams alone that are better than them.
    First game jitters. They'll improve.

App state did beat Michigan a few years back after back to back national championships. Just like last season, Jacksonville St took Auburn to overtime and people were about to jump off high things, but at the end of the season, Jacksonville state had only that one loss going into the National Championship game vs the mighty Bison. Eli Jenkin's put in work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Game day wooooo!

I'll be watching USC v Alabama. Should be good. Then tomorrow is Texas v Notre Dame!

Damn, who got season tickets to their team?

I do
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I literally run home, I can catch the end of the game. But Alabama is starting two quarterbacks so it's not looking good already.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Houston OU game is nuts! Houston is currently leading and just outplaying them

- - - Updated - - -

And we have our first upset folks! Houston beat Iklahoma! Should have been 40 to 17 but Houston fumbled on the 1 yard line...

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know if I would call it an upset, but it's a nice win either way. Apparently Houston has high expectations this year.