Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Good god that felt good. I remember being blown out by Bama in the Chick Fil A kick off before Tommy Bowden was fired. Revenge never felt better. I don't think I could imagine up a better way to win a national championship. Blow outs of our rival and a team i hate ohio state, then revenge on bama... Feels great.

The red flag that gave me the most faith that we would beat bama: Bama always loses a game a year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been reading some way-to-early mock drafts out of boredom. Why the hell are they hyping Kizer as a top quarterback? I watched parts of 2 Notre Dame games. He got benched in both of them. Did anyone watch more of their games see something more in his play?

I can't even remember the last ND quarterback to live up to his hype. I still cringe reflexively when someone mentions Rick Mirer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again drawplay sums up my feelings on the subject, in this case, Notre Dame QBs
    http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/the-brady-quinn-era/

Kizer is a fine prospect, but I certainly didn't see him as the top QB either, maybe he would be a good fit for a team drafting early since he is already used to losing.

Outside of Watson, I'm not sure there is a QB in the draft I would take a shot at, even with a 6th round pick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, so National Signing day today, probably going to be some interesting storylines coming out. Pendulous shared this insightful article about how National Signing day in February is actually going to be mostly a thing of the past, replaced by a signing day in December.

Article: http://www.si.com/college-football/2...iod-recruiting

Not sure how much time I will have later, but I will try to catch some of Harbaugh and Michigan's signing day event, cause it was apparently good fun last year.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, Im excited. Granted, Texas likely wot fare well because new coach and the issues of the last 4 years, but eh.

Really surprised Georgia was in the top 3, just didn't see enough out of that staff last year to think that would happen. Yeah its not super high but Kentucky at 30 is a really solid recruiting effort from that school considering where they have been in years past.

Ok had to edit, apparently Tennessee jumped from 28th to 15th since the last " final rankings" I saw lol.

Arkansas did ok, our big signing isn't showing up yet, which is a junior QB out of Greenwood, Ark that has been a beast ( that city is essentially my home town in Arkansas).
    Last edited by Armourboy; 2017-02-02 at 11:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bah, I was going to hopefully catch the action and then didn;t see a single damn thing cause I was so busy the past few days. Caught some names yesterday, and just read some reviews to get a feel for what happened.

Seems the Michigan defense loaded up again, but man, that lack of O-line is going to suck if these recruits don't pan out better than expected. With some of the defensive lines Michigan faces every year (and in the playoffs with some luck) will require a competent O-line and at face value this class seems to not have added much in that department. The QB prospect and especially the WR's we picked up look fantastic, but it starts in the trenches.

Florida's DB coach moving on right after NSD? Should let Edwards and Hendo out of their commitments, let them slide on down to Coral Gables.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

I hate when coaches and teams do that stuff. If you know you are leaving, don't stick the kids and then bail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Patriots assistant and TE coach (and OC in waiting) Brian Daboll is interviewing for the OC job Sarkisian vacated at Alabama. https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/...29861305856001

He has experience calling plays in NE and obviously experience in a successful pro system. Have to wonder what his recruiting credentials will be though and how that works out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well considering he was under Belichick, going from Belichick to Saban really isnt a change so I think he'll be fine.

Texas hired some really low level assistent from Baylor, so we are having to weather that storm in a teacup. WTF Herman...

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Well considering he was under Belichick, going from Belichick to Saban really isnt a change so I think he'll be fine.

Texas hired some really low level assistent from Baylor, so we are having to weather that storm in a teacup. WTF Herman...
    The more things change the more they stay the same?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/...20393239064576

"BREAKING After receiving revised notice from the NCAA, #OleMiss is self-imposing a one-year post-season ban for the 2017 CFB season."

10+ Year Old Account
    Gasp, a one-year bowl ban for a team that just went 5-7.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Gasp, a one-year bowl ban for a team that just went 5-7.
    With as many bowls as there are, you get those with a losing record in sometimes so, you never know >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Ole Miss didn't have their star quarterback most of the year, and now they've lost him to the draft. With Chad Kelly gone, not sure how well they'll end up, but they might end up getting lucky.

And they didn't really accomplish that much with their bought talent anyways. Quan and the Nmedechi's (fuck that last name) didn't do a ton as a team.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently Ole Miss also threw Mississippi State under the bus while they were at it http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ala...investigation/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Apparently Ole Miss also threw Mississippi State under the bus while they were at it http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ala...investigation/
    Inc Mississippi Civil War.