Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    If Star Wars: Battlefront is anything to go by, you should be prepared to spend a lot more money than the 60$~ that the base game is going to cost. New weapons, maps etc will inevitably be released (and the new weapons are usually better) and you'll have to buy that. Or the stupidly overpriced season pass I guess. Then again BF1 does look really great gameplay-wise, it's just a greedy business model

Overwatch isn't as expensive and it's really fun.

Overwatch will not run out of update in any foreseeable future. The game is here to stay in spotlight because the game has been ridiculously successful. However, judging from OP you seem to like BF more in the first place, so I think you should just go with what you like.

The two games are really apples vs oranges. They're both things you eat (shooters) and that's about where the similarities end. I feel like you already answered your own question though:

Quote Originally Posted by Real2016 View Post
    I enjoy BF4, got 500 hours in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Real2016 View Post
    Got bored of overwatch after 30 hours during beta.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll say BF 1 is the better choice. You have more of a variety of content. Single or multiplayer and the multiplayer part looks like it blows Overwatch out of the water. Overwatch looks nice but that's really all it has going for it. The multiplayer modes are boring and way too similar to Team Fortress, you're not really getting anything new out of it except for maybe different skins and colors for your characters and for me that's not a reason for me to keep playing especially in a game where looks don't even matter since it's an FPS. You're not really going to be able to see that new skin you unlocked anyway. Why FPS games have this I have no idea.

So yeah BF 1. I am even considering buying it myself, looked really cool. I don't think we ever had a game set in WW 1 have we? Anything recent that is.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    So yeah BF 1. I am even considering buying it myself, looked really cool. I don't think we ever had a game set in WW 1 have we? Anything recent that is.
    Actually Rise of Flight should count as semi-recent. But nothing from a big pusblisher that I would be awawe of.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Overwatch will not run out of update in any foreseeable future. The game is here to stay in spotlight because the game has been ridiculously successful. However, judging from OP you seem to like BF more in the first place, so I think you should just go with what you like.
    Just because it sold well at release doesn't mean it's going to hold peoples attention for the long term. The gameplay loop for OW is very simple and matches are very short. I could see people tiring of it quickly as it doesn't bring much to the board in the way of finesse or challenge.

Deleted
    Overwatch without question for me

For me it's BF1. It's not even a competition.
    Even if Blizzard had fixed all the balance issues and poor match making, I'd still pick BF.

Overwatch looks good and all and the lore is great but the game is very shallow and the actual game design is not what you'd expect from a Blizzard game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Just because it sold well at release doesn't mean it's going to hold peoples attention for the long term. The gameplay loop for OW is very simple and matches are very short. I could see people tiring of it quickly as it doesn't bring much to the board in the way of finesse or challenge.
    Eh~~~
    simple and short matches will bring the exact opposite of what you describe.
    See Hearthstone and TF2. Not sure why you think it doesn't bring any challenge either, there are so many tricks to most of these characters, the avg. player will never master them.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-08-22 at 10:08 PM.

Tf2 matches average about three times longer. I felt extremely hamstringed in available options per class and the hitboxes are very generous along with the shit 20tick servers. And the strats revolve around 5 ppl blob tactics with 1 suicide diver. 5mins isn't enough time for a wide range of strats.

I love Overwatch but Battlefield just has more diversity.