Question Can someone explain how gear will work in pvp?

So from what i've read. Gear no longer matters in pvp because every class will have a stats template that blizzard can adjust. But there is no mention of the artifact wpn. Can I use my artifact wpn in pvp or will that also be disabled in pvp? If thats the case, did blizzard decided to remove all progression in pvp now?

Of course you are using your artifact weapon on pvp too. Also it has a skin/achievements related to pvp as well. Gear is still matter but no need to worry about it that much. There is no gear specialized for pvp anymore, we all be on pve gear. Also you get gear reward from chests as well when you win bgs mostly if you don't wanna do any dungeon,world quest,raid ever so you can catch up.

Deleted
    Gear still gives you a marginal bonus, because your predetermined stat template scales slowly with ilvl. It's nothing major, several % top to bottom.

So in instanced pvp you have: talents, pvp talents, template stats base on ilvl, artifact with traits.

In world pvp you have: talents, pvp talents, artifact traits + stats based on gear, item effects (such as from trinkets, legendaries etc).

Quote Originally Posted by -Xerxes- View Post
    Of course you are using your artifact weapon on pvp too. Also it has a skin/achievements related to pvp as well. Gear is still matter but no need to worry about it that much. There is no gear specialized for pvp anymore, we all be on pve gear. Also you get gear reward from chests as well when you win bgs mostly if you don't wanna do any dungeon,world quest,raid ever so you can catch up.
    oh kk. so i can use gear i get from pve if say i dont wanna grind bgs etc? i guess thats cool