Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Blizzard realised that addons have to much influence on raiding

So in interview with Slootbag Watcher confirmed that addons have to much impact on raiding and they work on way to reduce it - so i guess raiding will soon be much harder for many many people

clearly exorsus raid tools and its positioning help was too much for them and will break it soon tm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    So in interview with Slootbag Watcher confirmed that addons have to much impact on raiding and they work on way to reduce it - so i guess raiding will soon be much harder for many many people

clearly exorsus raid tools and its positioning help was too much for them and will break it soon tm.
    Source?

Always good to leave a source

I think stuff like Tellmewhen and its many copies should be destroyed.

Thats just me though

Watcher said on Sloot's stream that in 7.1 they will break the part of boss mods that register player locations (I believe that was it). Eg, Kormrok where to stand addon and Archi laser addon. Anything that projects an arrow would be gone.

Seems like a fair nerf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

yep they'll break the UnitPosition()
    source is: https://www.twitch.tv/slootbag/v/84678318 @ 2:56:00 roughly, too lazy to directly link right now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post

Thats just me though
    Um... why?

15+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully if this happens they do it before raids open. Doing it mid-tier would be a mistake.

Edit: Right, 7.1 interview.
    Last edited by Moxal; 2016-08-20 at 05:54 PM.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

This is a 7.1 change which means it won't be active for emerald nightmare but it will be active for nighthold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Um... why?
    I dont want to go to offtopic, and its a personal opinion, but i think peopel should be forced to either learn their rotation or suck at it. I dont think an addon shoudl exist that tells you exactly what to push and when.

And yes i think its different then going to a site that tells you your rotation, because that doesnt help you mid combat.

Something that helps you learn your rotation = a ok
    Something that tells you what buttons to push during combat = not ok

But again i realise this is not how the majority thinks so yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont want to go to offtopic, and its a personal opinion, but i think peopel should be forced to either learn their rotation or suck at it. I dont think an addon shoudl exist that tells you exactly what to push and when.

And yes i think its different then going to a site that tells you your rotation, because that doesnt help you mid combat.

Something that helps you learn your rotation = a ok
    Something that tells you what buttons to push during combat = not ok

But again i realise this is not how the majority thinks so yeah.
    Then there should be at least tools ingame or something like that, that help you learn your rotation.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Devs have broken similar types of addon features prior and are not saying addons as a whole are an issue. Threads premise is click-bait.

Maybe the default UI should stop sucking at showing the player important info?

Human is not a chameleon that can have 1 eye look left other eye look right and be fine with it.

As an example, take a rogue:
    1. Tracking ability CDs = action bar
    2. Tracking combo points = your character
    3. Tracking your buffs (like roll the bones, symbols of death etc.) = buff tray top right corner with no buff filtering (everything goes there, hots, warrior / paladin auras, trinket procs, weapon enchants, class buffs etc.)
    4. Tracking your debuffs = target

It's 4 things to pay attention to, all 4 in different places of your screen on default UI. That's why you can't play with default UI and be fine with it.

"Show resource on targets" option they put so much effort to implement together with reworking nameplates and whatnot does nothing to solve the fact your buffs and cooldowns and debuffs / resources are still split into 3 different places.

If they rework buff tray and allow us to customize it, move it an filter it then maybe we can let go of tellmewhen, weakauras and the likes.

I really wonder how would you play outlaw / sub rogue without a proper buff tracker because the default one is garbage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Maybe the default UI should stop sucking at showing the player important info?

Human is not a chameleon that can have 1 eye look left other eye look right and be fine with it.

As an example, take a rogue:
    1. Tracking ability CDs = action bar
    2. Tracking combo points = your character
    3. Tracking your buffs (like roll the bones, symbols of death etc.) = buff tray top right corner with no buff filtering (everything goes there, hots, warrior / paladin auras, trinket procs, weapon enchants, class buffs etc.)
    4. Tracking your debuffs = target

It's 4 things to pay attention to, all 4 in different places of your screen on default UI. That's why you can't play with default UI and be fine with it.

"Show resource on targets" option they put so much effort to implement together with reworking nameplates and whatnot does nothing to solve the fact your buffs and cooldowns and debuffs / resources are still split into 3 different places.

If they rework buff tray and allow us to customize it, move it an filter it then maybe we can let go of tellmewhen, weakauras and the likes.

I really wonder how would you play outlaw / sub rogue without a proper buff tracker because the default one is garbage.
    I really dont want to drag this offtopic but:

I agree that the general UI needs some customization options when it comes to buffs and debuffs.

I dont agree its a problem that CP's and Cooldowns are not shown at the same place.

The only problem is that classes that needs to keep up debuffs or buffs are currently at a disadvantage compared to those who dont. This should be fixed via the general UI.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Devs have broken similar types of addon features prior and are not saying addons as a whole are an issue. Threads premise is click-bait.
    Well, yes that's obvious, but it is still news that should be out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Then there should be at least tools ingame or something like that, that help you learn your rotation.
    Learning your rotation atm is just reading your skills. I dont think i have seen a class where you cant summise the rotation from what the skills do atm. Its fairly self explanatory

It's not addons problem, it's design problem. Ion said that he doesn't consider mechanics like wrought chaos difficult, which is bullshit. Also, spreading and, to some extent, positioning would become hell.

Same issues have happened in the past.

There have been more extreme cases in past for encounters involving AVR on heroic lick king defile placement. They value some situations as more serious than others when it comes to breaking addons
    Check my achievements bruh.

Source?

Always good to leave a source

Thats just me though
    Why? TMW doesn't do anything the default UI can't do, other than makes it far easier to track buffs and debuffs - that's only because the default UI is horribly inefficient. I could do exactly the same with any buff/debuff/resource addon, just a lot more difficult to setup. Sure, you can make APLs with it, but if someone is following it exactly then they are doing it wrong anyway. It's not like there's any class that actually needs it anyway. Additionally, if you break the likes of TMW and you would literally have to break most addons. That's not happening.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2016-08-20 at 09:13 PM.

The addons are usually just making up for the shortcomings in Blizz's UI. So if they want to break addons, I commend them for also taking up the task of designing a better UI/effect in the fight that shows the players the feedback they need.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    It's not addons problem, it's design problem. Ion said that he doesn't consider mechanics like wrought chaos difficult, which is bullshit. Also, spreading and, to some extent, positioning would become hell.
    For raiders, it's not difficult. Stack together. Clump, 5-10 yards close. Those with wrought chaos step out. Done.