How do you OC FX 8320 on m5a97 mobo?

I run an AMD build, but have been debating switching over to Intel i5 6600k and mobo along with a new videocard just because I have seen how seamless an intel is compared to AMD set.

First, will overclocking my FX-8320 on my Asus M5A97 make it more seamless and fluid, and allow for ultra graphics setting, to the point where I shouldn't spend the $500-$600 on i5 6600k/mobo/RAM/GTX1060?

Secondly, I have never overclocked before, and was hoping for a walkthrough on the M5A97(uefi bios), and what fields on what menus I need to change. Something not too high, thinking 4.0-4.2gHz from what I have read? I am moderatly tech savy, but please break it down to elementary status for me, for I fear the whole thing will go up in smoke if not.

OS - Windows 10 Pro
    CPU - AMD FX-8320
    Mboard - ASUS M5A97
    RAM - Ripjaw 16GB DDR3
    Videocard - AMD Radeon HD 7700
    Storage - Corsair 480GB SSD, 1TB HDD
    PSU - Corsair CX600M
    Cooler - Corsair H60

What is your cooler? Also, this PSU is terrible, dont expect any decent results with it.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    What is your cooler? Also, this PSU is terrible, dont expect any decent results with it.
    how is it terrible? In terrms of not being able to OC with it at all? Should I not even bother...? Not trying to explode this rig
    Last edited by Auberdeen; 2016-08-20 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    how is it terrible? In terrms of not being able to OC with it at all? Should I not even bother...? Not trying to explode this rig
    Don't listen to him, while it is not a great PSU it will have 0 effect on your OC.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Don't listen to him, while it is not a great PSU it will have 0 effect on your OC.
    Answer honestly please, have you ever OCed a 125W TDP AMD chip?

- - - Updated - - -

Doesnt handle constant loads well, especially when coupled with high operating temperatures. Considering how much power overclocked AMD processor require... let's say I have my doubts. You're not gonna fry anything but if you would experience spontaneous reboots maybe coupled with computer not powering up again immediate you know where to lay your blame.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Answer honestly please, have you ever OCed a 125W TDP AMD chip?

- - - Updated - - -

Doesnt handle constant loads well, especially when coupled with high operating temperatures. Considering how much power overclocked AMD processor require... let's say I have my doubts. You're not gonna fry anything but if you would experience spontaneous reboots maybe coupled with computer not powering up again immediate you know where to lay your blame.
    say that does happen with the BSODs and not immediate power up, is it reversable back in the BIOS or is it going to permanently dmg it? sorry just VERY new to the OC scene as you can tell.

back to the original question, how does one OC it in the first place?? What settings do I change and where in the UEFI BIOS?

say that does happen with the BSODs and not immediate power up, is it reversable back in the BIOS or is it going to permanently dmg it? sorry just VERY new to the OC scene as you can tell.

back to the original question, how does one OC it in the first place?? What settings do I change and where in the UEFI BIOS?
    Shouldnt be any BSOD if the PSU is to blame. You will need to let your PSU cool down. Specific settings and their location in BIOS depends on the specific mobo, so you're better off watching some videos to see for yourself. But generally you start with reseting your BIOS to original settings, and start gradually raising processor multiplier while increasing voltage to maintain stability. Make sure to monitor the temperatures. Before starting check online what are the safe limits for voltage, temperature and what is the average result for your processor.

It's a cheaper entry level PSU for sure, not the worst however. A 4.2ghz OC shouldn't be a problem.