Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    cold water shows are bad.
    Wouldn't even. I went 'camping' a few times and hated it utterly. Cold showers were the worst and I swore them off the last time I was forced to have to take one by circumstance. The next instance in which I was without unlimited hot running water was when we moved into our current home- no water or electricity for a week.

I refused to even enter my house till all utilities were up and running. I stayed with my sister in protest, while my husband slept on the floor of our house- alone.

I'm not doing that shit again, bro. Nah.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I probably could if I had a week in advance to run the fuck away from any suburb or city.

I could survive, but there's a snowball's chance in hell that i'd be happy about it.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post

The American survivalist preper circle jerk morons with their fictional doomsday scenarios are literally clueless on the actual scale and scope of the catastrophe. They would fucking die of lead poisoning guarding their piles of canned peaches with their rifles in hand.
    aha! and you would? xD honestly, to paint an entire group of people as morons when they would absolutely survive longer than you is ridiculous. Im not into it, I do not see the point. I respect those who do it. and there are huge forums/groups of very smart people, far greater than yourself.

the absolute arrogance you show is amazing...
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    aha! and you would? xD honestly, to paint an entire group of people as morons when they would absolutely survive longer than you is ridiculous. Im not into it, I do not see the point. I respect those who do it. and there are huge forums/groups of very smart people, far greater than yourself.

the absolute arrogance you show is amazing...
    1, At no point have I said I wouldn't be dead. I would be dead with the rest of us. I lived and worked in extremely hostile environments in the past, including the Arctic and the North Sea. I also spent years as a child on my grandparents farm. I know what I am talking about.

2, I work in a field that is specialized in keeping the infrastructure running and is trying to prevent our industry from killing you while it is keeping you alive and comfortable.

There are countless civil defense studies and projections, simulations and case studies from disaster areas. We know what would happen.

Prepers emerged from the Cold War era propaganda fiction that you could, if you just took certain precautions, survive a nuclear exchange. (You can't.) This combined with the American individualism and created this specific sort of moron.

Your best bet of surviving any sort of catastrophe is human capital. The scenario described in the original post is literally a worst case scenario. If power is to go out due to some attack, massive technical failure or something, your best bet is to stay put, if you have useful skills make yourself available, volunteer and strictly obey government instructions as they try to restore services. If you do any stupid shit like trying to leave the cities, hoard food or whatnot, unless specifically told to by the government you are most likely to make the situation worse, not just for you, but for everyone else.

I cannot imagine a scenario where the government would fail to restore power to essential services in the matter of days. If such a scenario were to occur, you are dead no matter what the fuck you do.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2016-08-21 at 08:16 PM.